The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
5%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
14%
Metal (various sub genres)
9%
EDM (various sub genres)
14%
80s (various genres)
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
30%

Total votes: 174

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Another one from my CD "Weather Report"

Summer Love

Summer love
You ain't gonna get me again
Summer love
Never gonna call you my friend
Summer love
Time for your destruction to end

Summer love
You deceived me for the last time
Summer love
What you did to me was a crime
Summer love
Give me back the things that are mine

When you left me my whole world just fell apart
You don't get me now I've got this broken heart
Maybe someday I'll give you another try
But for now I just cry-

Summer love
Trusting you was just a mistake
Summer love
Leaving my heart open to break
Summer love
Now my world is for you to take

Repeat Bridge

Summer love
Time for me to say my goodbyes
Summer love
Sick of all your garbage and lies
Summer love
I will wake up older and wise

Summer love
Summer love

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... her-report

I can dig it

From my CD "Back Together Again III" with lyrics by Leonard Herman

On The Run

I’m on the run searching for fun
And when I’m done I'm second to none
But whatever you do don’t follow me through
Cause I’ll get to you whenever I choose

A simple life is not for me
I gotta search for fun
I cannot seem to settle down
I'm always on the run
I always look for danger
The evil life’s for me
By chance someday I’ll simmer down
And I’ll live my life simply

And when I’m done I’m second to none

The men they try to win me over
But they just can’t sing my tune
Yet every time I walk the street
The guys they all just drool
And so I'll go off nowhere
I live to follow the sun
So do not try to walk with me
Cause I ‘m always on the run

Instrumental Break

And when I’m done I’m second to none

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... -again-iii

i read your conversation with jan, rather than bring that whole thread back and i know youll more likely read this.
anyway, yes, you are correct, none of us (well, few of us) know each other well. however, i do feel i know you a little better after what you wrote in that thread, and id like to apologise if ive ever made you feel i hate you, i don't, because as mentioned, i do not know you, there is nothing you (or the majority of people here) could say or do to make me hate them, yes i will "argue" but i will not hold grudges or use one threads disagreement in another.

and yes, ive also noticed you commenting lately in the café, first on the track whyterabbyt posted and you showed great interest. i did think then, you deserve the same.
so i will give a listen, and will return to comment and will also ignore the "you know what" ;) and comment as much as i can about the music, before i even start and after hearing mine, im sure you can appreciate that its not really in my wheelhouse.
i can see past that, like yourself as you've shown, youre more than willing to try new shit :D

chat soon mofo!

vurt wrote:i read your conversation with jan, rather than bring that whole thread back and i know youll more likely read this.
anyway, yes, you are correct, none of us (well, few of us) know each other well. however, i do feel i know you a little better after what you wrote in that thread, and id like to apologise if ive ever made you feel i hate you, i don't, because as mentioned, i do not know you, there is nothing you (or the majority of people here) could say or do to make me hate them, yes i will "argue" but i will not hold grudges or use one threads disagreement in another.

and yes, ive also noticed you commenting lately in the café, first on the track whyterabbyt posted and you showed great interest. i did think then, you deserve the same.
so i will give a listen, and will return to comment and will also ignore the "you know what" ;) and comment as much as i can about the music, before i even start and after hearing mine, im sure you can appreciate that its not really in my wheelhouse.
i can see past that, like yourself as you've shown, youre more than willing to try new shit :D

chat soon mofo!
Thanks. That's very kind of you. But please, I don't want you to feel obligated. I can listen to lots of different styles because there isn't a lot out there that I haven't heard and don't like to at least some degree. Rap, I honestly don't like only because I don't enjoy spoken word music. There was a song that came out in the early 70s called "Desiderata" which I really didn't like at all simply because of all the spoken word stuff in it. And that song wasn't rap. Heck, rap wasn't really a thing yet.

Other than rap, I'd say reggae is another genre I just can't get into. I don't like that choppy kind of beat. It annoys me. But I've listened to a lot of experimental music over the years including Tangerine Dream early on. My record collection is quite extensive.

The only thing I ask of the music that I listen to is that it be interesting in some way. Either melodically or harmonically or, if atonal, a nice mix of sounds. I'm really not that hard to please. If I hear something that I honestly "don't get" then it must be off the beaten path at least a bit. Silke's stuff is definitely an acquired taste but I'm getting there. It's actually quite diverse in that quirky off the beaten path way.

Anyway, like I said, please don't feel obligated to listen to anything I've done. If I get a comment here and there from some random people, I'm fine with that.

weird you mention td, for the first time in years ive just finished listening to zeit :lol:

and its not that i feel obligated as such, its that previously, i wasn't actually sure you where looking for feedback, but you did say you where. also, how will i know its something i don't actually enjoy, if i don't listen?

vurt wrote:weird you mention td, for the first time in years ive just finished listening to zeit :lol:

and its not that i feel obligated as such, its that previously, i wasn't actually sure you where looking for feedback, but you did say you where. also, how will i know its something i don't actually enjoy, if i don't listen?
I guess you've got a point there.

I do have some instrumental stuff that I haven't posted here that will probably be more tolerable than the Vocaloid tunes. Most of it, however, just isn't very well done because they're early works.

From my CD "V Pop"

Something Meaningful

Life's not all fun and games
Sometimes we need something more
Something real that we can hold on to
Something we've never had before

When everything goes wrong
And all life's meaning is gone
Don't despair because there's hope to come
Reasons for you to still go on

Here comes something meaningful
Here comes something wonderful
Here comes something close to your heart
Something to last for all time
Here comes something strong and true
Just in time to comfort you
Something that won't keep us apart
Something to make you all mine
Something Meaningful and divine

We'll overcome the pain
We can be all that we choose
Everything that we could ever want
We know there's nothing more to lose

Time now to move ahead
Claim your life make your last stand
It's all there for us to take it all
You and me all across the land

Repeat Chorus

Instrumental Break

Repeat Chorus

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... sets/v-pop

ive listened to the first 3 on this page, had to start somewhere, seemed sensible.
lyrically you have something, a style that reminds me of the kids from fame kind of shows, when they used to perform the number at the end of the show. it is admittedly a dim and distant memory, aside from those clips shows "remember the 70s" but i could hear these songs used in a similar way.
musically they are "simple" but catchy, which i guess is the mark of this kind of thing, something to be easily hummed along to, an ear worm if you will :)

that said, i could also hear when the world ends done in a more sinister, the residents "god in three persons" style 8)

vurt wrote:ive listened to the first 3 on this page, had to start somewhere, seemed sensible.
lyrically you have something, a style that reminds me of the kids from fame kind of shows, when they used to perform the number at the end of the show. it is admittedly a dim and distant memory, aside from those clips shows "remember the 70s" but i could hear these songs used in a similar way.
musically they are "simple" but catchy, which i guess is the mark of this kind of thing, something to be easily hummed along to, an ear worm if you will :)

that said, i could also hear when the world ends done in a more sinister, the residents "god in three persons" style 8)
Thank you for the comments Vurt. They are much appreciated.

I've been often told I should write for kids shows, TV shows and the like. Makes sense given how much time I spent watching TV as a child.

Title track from my CD "Weather Report"

Weather Report

I don't want to hear no weather report
No fancy retort
Just give it to me straight dear
No wintery sport
You know just what I hate dear
The skies can be cloudy all they want to
Your lies don't excuse the things that you do
I don't want no weather report
No weather report
From you

I don't want to hear the forecast today
Nothing that you say
Can make up for the bad times
I don't want to hear the forecast today
Just gets in the way
And covers up your sad crimes
The rain can come pouring down on you boy
The blame gives me no relief of pure joy
I don't want no weather report
No weather report
From you

Stop forecasting
Pain long lasting
I've had it up to here

Instrumental break

No weather report
No weather report
Your days of deceiving me are over
Go wish on a stack of four leaf clovers
But I'm done with your weather report
Your weather reports
From you

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... her-report

From my CD "The Reflecting Pool"

Post Traumatic Stress

PTS
PTS
PTS

Inside of my head (Post Traumatic Stress)
Nothing but pure dread (Post Traumatic Stress)
Can't stop the pounding (Post Traumatic Stress)
PTS mounting (Post Traumatic Stress)

PTS
PTS
PTS

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... cting-pool

I just listened to "The Clock on the Wall". I thought it was quite a well-written piece of music and the lyrics were poignant, if a little depressing (teenage angst vibe). I didn't mind the Vocaloid "sound", but it would be great to hear this with a real singer.

I thought that the production has a slightly "boxy" sound, and could have used a little more "air" in the high frequencies. If I ignore the presence of the vocals, the music has the sound and feel of a late '80s Tom Selleck movie end-title score, and with a "bigger" sound would certainly not be out of place in such a setting.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote:I just listened to "The Clock on the Wall". I thought it was quite a well-written piece of music and the lyrics were poignant, if a little depressing (teenage angst vibe). I didn't mind the Vocaloid "sound", but it would be great to hear this with a real singer.

I thought that the production has a slightly "boxy" sound, and could have used a little more "air" in the high frequencies. If I ignore the presence of the vocals, the music has the sound and feel of a late '80s Tom Selleck movie end-title score, and with a "bigger" sound would certainly not be out of place in such a setting.

Good work :)
Thanks for the comments. Yeah, I still have to work on my mixes, though they have improved over time. And yes, a real vocalist would be nice.

You'd think after 40 plus years I'd be better at this but, eh, some of us have talent and some of us just have to work hard just to sound okay.

From my CD "Gates Of The Lord"

Thorn In The Side Of The Lord

Ain't a day go by
Where I do not try
To show my God how much I love him
Ain't a breath I don't take
Ain't a move I don't make
To show my God there's no one above him

I poke at him and prod at him
I never leave him be
I grab onto and just like glue
I let him know just how much he means to me