SONiVOX Stratum

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Stratum Transwave Synth

:hihi:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

hueynym wrote:
Vortifex wrote:A GUI straight out of 2002. I had to laugh at the marketing blurb: "Stratum will provide you with all you need to create tracks in a variety of retro-inspired genres, be it synthwave, retrowave, outrun, cinematic electronica, 8-bit chiptunes, you name it. These timbres are gaining popularity fast". That was true about ten years ago.
I think that may be a compliment - considering they probably coded (I use that word sarcastically) it in 2000. I presume they're still using the 1998 version of Tk/Tcl for their GUIs.
Outrun?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELUl-cAtUIE

The soundcloud audio demos from the website are a MUST-HEAR ! I hope a clown made them.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

DJErmac wrote:The soundcloud audio demos from the website are a MUST-HEAR ! I hope a clown made them.
Oh boy ... this is all wrong on so many levels :help:

:D :D :D

In the KVR database/press release this plugin is listed as a 'Transwave Synth with StruQture Audio Engine'.

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/stratum ... by-sonivox

It's amazing how stupid this marketing is. Reusing an Ensoniq-trademarked term used for wavetable-type synthesis in a non-wavetable synth? Just why?

And why some banal name for the audio engine which basically means and says nothing whatsoever?

moshimoshi wrote:In the KVR database/press release this plugin is listed as a 'Transwave Synth with StruQture Audio Engine'.

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/stratum ... by-sonivox

It's amazing how stupid this marketing is. Reusing an Ensoniq-trademarked term used for wavetable-type synthesis in a non-wavetable synth? Just why?

And why some banal name for the audio engine which basically means and says nothing whatsoever?
My thoughts exactly. I got all excited, thinking that maybe this was some emulation of the old Ensoniq transwave system... but all it’s just it’s name. :dog:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Dont buy their shit . This is a f++××÷ company. No support i mesaaged them on facebook and emails 3 times. No reply. F%%% them
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Has it been endorsed by Jordan Rudess?
No signature here!

Aloysius wrote:SONiVOX Rectum
Sonivox Scrotum ?
Last edited by Ben H on Sun May 20, 2018 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

:lol:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

This company is as bad as Crysonic, don't waste your money.

Ben H wrote:
Aloysius wrote:SONiVOX Rectum
Sonivox Scrotum ?
I *was* itching to try it, when it was first announced...

But now I have scratched that idea.
Last edited by Ben H on Tue May 22, 2018 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

I can honestly say I've never before seen such venom directed at a company in this forum. (And that's saying a lot.) :o

menthol wrote:I can honestly say I've never before seen such venom directed at a company in this forum. (And that's saying a lot.) :o
As a sample library supplier (Sonic Implants), Sonivox does OK. Their software leaves a lot to be desired. It's had, ahem, a bit of an effect on their reputation.

I use to enjoy reading KVR's constructive members posts...

Have fun !
Plugiman
www.Plugivery.com
Plugivery Distribution

Return to “Instruments”