Mercuriall "ReAxis"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ReAxis

About the chorus thing: I wasn't able to reproduce this problem reliably, I experience it really rarely; probably this was some issue with my reaper channel routing.

I see. In case you find some pattern we can use to repro it, let me know please!

Barmaleus wrote: Your opinion will help us make the right decisions, improve products and build plans for future!
1. Which amp would you want Mercuriall to model next?
You should add another option: 'none of these' or add more choices (Fender 65 Twin Reverb or Bassman, Hiwatt DR103...) :wink:

tappert wrote:You should add another option: 'none of these' or add more choices (Fender 65 Twin Reverb or Bassman, Hiwatt DR103...) :wink:
Hi!
We've actually had a survey last year with 15 amps or so. Right now we have narrowed down to just a few choices. But it is not a 100% indication of the next amp sims of ours =)

Barmaleus wrote:I see. In case you find some pattern we can use to repro it, let me know please!
Hey :) Finally I have figured out what happens - the plugin works fine. The culprit was within Reaper itself: on the master bus the Stereo Width magically went to 0% from 100%. No idea why - I was googling for it, and it turns out this is a rather common issue.

Btw the 1.2 update works great, the IR features are just awesome!

Oh, I see. I've been using Reaper for many years and never seen an issue like this. Smarter every day =)

Indeed! We've released Reaper Reaxis 1.2 yesterday. And dropped the price for new customers to $77 for a week!

Here are the release notes.

New features:
- Cabinet IR loader
- Reverb IR loader
- Stereo, up to ~6s long (@44.1 kHz) IRs are supported
- Reverb IR blend option
- Load IRs with drag'n'drop
- Switch between IRs with left/right keyboard arrows
- Automatic, high-quality IR resampling
- New presets are automatically available for fresh Reaxis installs. For the existing installs we recommend saving your custom presets and then loading a new bank preset from your Mercuriall account in the Reaxis section.

Improvements:
- Reaxis loads faster
- Preset switching is now faster
- When adjusting microphone position, Reaxis uses less CPU
- Plugin is reacting quicker to different parameters adjustments
- Reduced clicks when switching between some settings and adjusting microphone position
- In Windows, VST3 plugin is now located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\

Bug fixes:
- At some settings the LD1 channel sound could be unnatural. This has been fixed
- When two instances of Reaxis were open and in one of them a preset was saved, it was necessary to restart your DAW to see the preset in the other Reaxis instance. Now you just need to re-open the Reaxis instance to see the newly saved preset
- In some DAWs turning off the cab section and reopening the project led to a crash. This has been fixed
- Fixed an incorrect sample-rate behavior of Wah in stereo-mode in some circumstances

Other:
- Due to the corrections of the preamp model, the overall volume of the plugin sound has increased. If you load your old presets in v1.2, you will need to turn down the Reaxis volume a little bit

Last edited by Barmaleus on Tue May 22, 2018 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It would be great to add something to share presets like Positive Grid

tappert wrote:It would be great to add something to share presets like Positive Grid
Hey!

That would be cool! But not going to happen in the short-term, sorry!

I had to reactivate Reaxis while installing 1.2, is it normal? Now I have 2 activations used for the same computer

tappert wrote:I had to reactivate Reaxis while installing 1.2, is it normal? Now I have 2 activations used for the same computer
The activation got lost with the big Windows update, most probably.
But worry not, in case you need more activations in future, just send us a message through www.mercuriall.com and we will add more.

Hi,

the upgrade is actually an upgrade of the SW or must we uninstall and reinstall? from Spark upgrades I happen to have several dll's renamed as .old by myself :(

BR
David

To the best of my knowledge, there is no need to uninstall before upgrading.

Hi,

so it was my fault having messed around with the locations of the VST files with Spark, upgrade or reaxis was as smooth as it was expected. Great new features, specially the IR Loader, the default impulses are just great but having the posibility of loading extra ones makes it even more flexible. So the best just got better :)

BR
David

Man, ReAxis sounds really awesome, but I have one major problem and that is that in Reaper when I have 3 instances open (each on their own track) none of them will remember what preset they're supposed to be on!

I always keep the FX window closed of every track I don't actively edit and that's wherein lies the problem. Right now I have:
- 3 Tracks with their own unique blend of plugins + settings, each for a different guitar I own.
- ReAxis loaded on each track.
- Playing on track #1, with the FX window open.
- Tracks #2 and #3 have their FX windows closed.

Whatever change I make in ReAxis on track #1 (+ saving preset), will suddenly appear in the ReAxis' of tracks #2 and #3 when I open their FX windows. Each track CAN retain its own unique ReAxis settings, but ONLY if I leave open all three FX windows, which is not desirable at all.

Of course this also happens if all FX windows are closed on tracks #1 and #3 and I make changes in ReAxis on track #2, etc. etc...

So if I want to render a music file for all three tracks, I would need to leave their FX windows open in order for ReAxis to use the right presets, which is an odd thing to have to do as none of my other plugins have this behaviour.

In short, each ReAxis loads the last-saved preset when the FX window of the track it is on is closed, when you'd rather have each instance of ReAxis work separately of each other..

Did you try loading a different preset number for each instance?
I'm also trying to figure out how different instances affect each other, but I -think- if each one loads a different preset number (I use a "working" area of blank presets), and you keep saving each one (you can also save the whole bank as a "work in progress" bank) - you should be able have separate instances not affecting each other.

I'd be interested to hear what you think, as I'm not 100% sure about this.
(Reaper here too)
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

Return to “Effects”