Sylenth1 does not load and crashes Cubase 8.5 Pro [fixed]

Official support for: lennardigital.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Heello again..

I have now been trying for weeks and no luck to come around this problem. I even followed the suggetion to upgrade to win10. and as i suspected i did mess up so many other things on my system and even my problem got even worse with Sylenth, now it didnt load with even 2 other vst instruments. So after many man hours im now back on my old system. It dosnt seem like Lennard have any interest in solving this soim goona look for a buyer for my Sylenth 1. I just think it really sucks big time that efter trying a demo that works splendid (not a glitch) i now have to face loosing money since im told i will not get a refund even if i let thme know right away about this issue. In my eyes a very very bad policy that i for sure will tell others about. Even worse is that its really an awesome synth for the things i wanted to do with it. But if something dont work it doesnt.

And yes.. ofc its on my side since it works for many others, i know that and after working with computer support i also understand how complex thigns can be. BUT i have never ever had an issue with either hardware manufactures or software producers if something works as a demo and then not after buying the full version. That is mostly whats its all about for me at this time. I think its pretty fair to get a refund if something dont work after that. But if that is against their policy or whatever reason they come up with then its just greed or even worse, no interest in their own reputation and products.

And to Lennard, im greatful for you getting back to me and giving me some tips on how to try solve it. Taking the time to get back to me and other through mail is as good as it gets. But to be honest, you should change some things when it comes to my situation. It cant be that hard to do a refund and iknow. No matter what kind of system you use there is a way if the will is there. Andas i told you in my email, i would have loved if there was a solution for this so i could use it and not be a pain in the a**. I lovedthe sounds aand all that and i come to LOVE it after the DEMO. But now its clear it dont run om my system as a full version. Going back to demo and it runs as it should... ahh never mind, ive told you all about this already. Im just very unhappy with this and no matter how hard i want to i can not recommend anyone buying Sylenth1 cause of this. Maybe its a drop in the ocean but many drops becomes an little pond by itself and if they come together it will become problem if noone handles it the right way..

Take care all and enjoy creating music.. thats why most of us are here..

Peace
Vaijj

I understand you're upset because you're having problems, but you're saying things that aren't true. What I told you before via email was (exact words copy/paste):
As we still haven't been able to reproduce this problem, it's a quite hard to find the problem. I'd like to run some test if that's OK with you.

If not, sure we can settle for a refund.
And that hasn't changed a bit. You should understand that this problem only occurs very rarely and that we've tried many times to reproduce it, but on all our computers it just runs flawlessly. That makes it extremely hard to find what could be causing it.

Of course we have no problem at all refunding your payment (no questions asked)! Never said we did either. Instead of posting here you could have just sent us an email and you'd already have your money back by now..

As for Win10, did you do a clean install or did you just upgrade your existing Win7 installation?

did you try to completely remove everything and do a fresh install?

Well Lennard..

I may have formulated it wrong. And its not like i havnt offer project files etc. Im not here to put you or anyone else in a bad spot. Im just writing so if anyone is trying the Demo and hope it will work to be aware that it may not be the case. Sadly..

And when i asked about a refund but as i remembered it was told it was kind of hard/dont think it will be possible or something. And as that is not my first goal (to be refunded) since i really like the plugin i just wish someone could come up with a solution or anything. But im also pretty sure that its something with my computer setup, hardware or DAW with plugins that is the problem it will be pretty hard to find the reason for it. Unless someone could come up with what differs between the Demo and the full install other than protection etc. Im saying it again. It runs with the demo version if i install it again. On both Win10 and 7.

And yes its a clean install of win 10. Only the daw and no other software outside music production VSTs and so on. In other word a clean install. It just that thoose drag and drop issues on 10 with midi files etc is still there on some plugins. adnd it really mess my workflow up. But yeah, i need to jump on to 10 soon anyhow so i may do it all over again once im done with my work at this time.

Once again, im sorry if i put you in a bad spot Lennard, it may be that English aint native for me so some words may end up the wrong way. So consider this as an official excuse. I will go at it once more to see if i can tweak something or atleast find a way to get Jbridge to handle Sylenths GUI correctly so i can use it even if its a workaround. If not i mail you Lennard..

Be safe all
Vaijj

Are you sure there's only 1 Sylenth1.dll file in all your VSTPlugins folders? Having multiple versions will cause problems. Also renamed versions (Sylenth2.dll for example) will cause problems.

And did you format your drive before installing Windows 10?
Also, I've sent you an email.

Yes.. its only one sylenth1.dll in my vst folder. it was a totaly reformated drive i put win 10 on. But as i said im back on 7 again at this time. Thought i should use the time to slowly port all over to win 10 once im done with current projects. Still not liking it but to keep up we all have to sooner or later..

And regarding you email i will send you the log file after im done here. Thanks for your time Lennard..

Vaijj

Vaijj wrote:Yes.. its only one sylenth1.dll in my vst folder. it was a totaly reformated drive i put win 10 on. But as i said im back on 7 again at this time. Thought i should use the time to slowly port all over to win 10 once im done with current projects. Still not liking it but to keep up we all have to sooner or later..

And regarding you email i will send you the log file after im done here. Thanks for your time Lennard..

Vaijj
Just an update for anyone reading this: Re-installing Sylenth1 in its own subfolder in the VST folder seems to have fixed the problem on Windows 7.

It also runs without problems on Windows 10, it didn't run before probably because it wasn't scanned properly (or installed in the wrong folder).

Have you/did you check the Cubase blacklist folder?

tehlord wrote:Have you/did you check the Cubase blacklist folder?
It already works fine now! :wink:

Lennard wrote:
Vaijj wrote:Yes.. its only one sylenth1.dll in my vst folder. it was a totaly reformated drive i put win 10 on. But as i said im back on 7 again at this time. Thought i should use the time to slowly port all over to win 10 once im done with current projects. Still not liking it but to keep up we all have to sooner or later..

Vaijj
Just an update for anyone reading this: Re-installing Sylenth1 in its own subfolder in the VST folder seems to have fixed the problem on Windows 7.

It also runs without problems on Windows 10, it didn't run before probably because it wasn't scanned properly (or installed in the wrong folder).
Hello Lennard

I still have the problem. The workaround does not work for me. I installed Sylenth1 in this folder: C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\LennarDigital.

What can I do? Thank you for your help. :D

Greetz

We have located the cause of this issue and fixed it in the new v3.040 update!

I haven't had time to test the latest release yet, but thank you anyway. :tu:

Return to “LennarDigital”