Can't view my VIP receptor hard drive

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a VIP Receptor and was getting ready to install a Vst plugin. I opened up my muse remote control interface and clicked on "Show Drive". For a minute it looked like it was going to open up. It scans and searches but doesn't open a view of my Receptor Hard drive. The "Open Viewer" works fine. I'm able to see and work my Receptor remote viewer. I saw a post with the same issue that I have but it wasn't resolved. Hopefully someone knows the answer to my predicament.

Thanks

Windows or Mac?
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

Windows 10

Sorry. I can only speak for Mac interface.
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

Thanks anyway Fishoow. The help section of the Muse remote control GUI suggests a resetting of the router. Even though I can see the mixer/view section of my VIP via the Muse Remote control, I can't see the Receptor in my network view of my PC. I see all my devices connected except for the Receptor. So resetting the router might just do the trick. I'll try it later on today.

You may also look at the network address assigned to your receptor (ie. 192.168.xx.xx, or whatever) This is viewable in the muse lcd display when you go to setup>network. Then just type that address in to your PC when looking for network connections, rather than making your PC browse for all connections. I am a MAC man like Fish, but Windows can't be too terribly different.
Last edited by plethoraguy on Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks plethoraguy,

I'll try that as well. I appreciate the help

Hi
Try turning off the windows 10 firewall.Before you mess with yourrauter.
Andy

Thanks Andym63.

My brother was having the same problem on his Receptor. He contacted a former tech employee with Muse Research who resolved the hard drive issue for him. Of course he paid for it. I guess that's my next step.

Follow up:

I finally got some help from a former Muse Research employee. It turns out the problem is with the Windows 10 OS. He had to go in and make a few changes. It works fine now.

Changes to the Receptor OS? Hmm
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

Return to “Muse Research and Development”