Europa Shapeshifting Synth - 1st VST/AU by Propellerhead

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Europa Pro Expansion

v1o wrote:
simmo75 wrote:
The dudes voice really grinds with me. I can’t watch any of his tutorials because of it. Ouch! :help:

Really enjoying this synth though!
Ask him to use a pitch shifter.
:hihi:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Really enjoying this synth - it has a lot of movement to the sound

Man i am so angry i missed the intro on this. Love their synths! Kicking myself atm!!

Don't worry. There should be a sale on it at some point.

aMUSEd wrote:Really enjoying this synth - it has a lot of movement to the sound
The same here. Especially impressed by builtin reverb, damn good. Will wait next sale.

Yeah. Loving it!

aMUSEd wrote:Found a way to match the font and logo and also matched the colour more precisely so just a small update to the NKS version

Just 3 files need updating from the Dropbox - OSO_logo.png and VB_logo.png (images) and color.json (dist_database)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ursh7y1bz8dx ... Qk9ga?dl=0
There is an additional Europa bank converted to NKS now, with previews - the free Tao bank by Che. Batch conversion and previews by Christos Adamos in the NI forum based on my original template, further tagging by myself. Thanks to the sound designer 'Che' for the free bank.

I don't understand the drawing behavior in the envelopes...

I watched a video about this synth that said holding command lets you draw in the envelope, but this simply isn't true on my Mac...even with the "Edit Y Axis" button enabled.

I've found that if I select a *preset* shape that has steps, then suddenly I'm able to draw steps in it, so long as "Edit Y Axis" button is On.

But if I select "normal" shapes (e.g. simple curves, things without steps) I can't figure out anyway to draw in them....

what am I missing?

DavidCarlyon wrote:Man i am so angry i missed the intro on this. Love their synths! Kicking myself atm!!
+1
Reminding myself this isn’t the worst of my fails sort of helps.
Remember 2 years ago when Zynaptiq Pitchmap was on sale for $89? (77% off $389)
Ugh; I do.

dformd wrote:
DavidCarlyon wrote:Man i am so angry i missed the intro on this. Love their synths! Kicking myself atm!!
+1
Reminding myself this isn’t the worst of my fails sort of helps.
Remember 2 years ago when Zynaptiq Pitchmap was on sale for $89? (77% off $389)
Ugh; I do.

Haha I didn’t even know about that one! I almost feel annoyed just from hearing that. Haha. I will not miss intensity this time though! So many sales on at the moment. Managed to pick up r4 which is great. Going to get b2 also along with intensity.
But man. Totally bummed about this one. Been trying it out all morning and I absolutely love it! It’s everything I wanted and more. I love that it focuses on synthesis rather than loads of extra stuff done half well.

Been trying out thorn too, seemed like a similar choice and whilst it’s perfectly able, europa is just miles better for me. You can do so much with the wavetables, smokes anything else, serum included.
Plus, a harmonic filter PER OSCILLATOR. Unison per oscillator.
Even talking about it is making me mad. And to top it off, you cannot transfer liscence?! So I can’t even buy it from someone else.
There will indeed be another sale, but it’s not likely to be soon.
Dammit!

The thing is, I have bought so many synths recently...and I seem to have missed the one that I would like the most.

Icurus and all of the tone 2 synths are on sale...have been tempted by those in the past, but I have to say, none of them had that instant feel that europa did. It’s just such a focused synth and it’s laid out so well (even if a little small and square)

THe K35 filter ( korg ms20 ) aliases like crazy when resonance is around 98% and input drive set to a low value .
Must at least run at 88Khz , I wonder why they didn't include oversampling
OTher then that , a great synth none the less ..coded by the famous pere Jubel ( clavia nord lead fame )
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Hey peeps. Stefan from Propellerhead here. I just wanted to mention that Europa VST is $50 off until Sep 9. End of message.

What are the opinions on this now that it's been out for a while? Any significant bugs or annoyances? I've been on a sound design & synth demoing binge the last couple of weeks and Europa is on my shortlist of synths that would bring new sounds that my existing synths don't cover.

ilmai wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:36 am What are the opinions on this now that it's been out for a while?
Still great. For some reason I tend to lean towards Serum in vst world but When working in Reason, Europa is pretty much my new go to.

ilmai wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:36 am What are the opinions on this now that it's been out for a while? Any significant bugs or annoyances? I've been on a sound design & synth demoing binge the last couple of weeks and Europa is on my shortlist of synths that would bring new sounds that my existing synths don't cover.
depends what you are looking for really, and what kind of music you make!?
Its probably the most interesting synth out there. Purely in terms of the synth engine. Its really quite increible what you can do with this thing. The workflow is extemely focused. Not loads of stuff you dont need, but everything you do need. It sounds increible too.
I would say just get it. It really is a fantastic synth.
Its also really quick to work on. the envelopes are great. Sound designers dream.
For me coming from synths like falcon, its a really simple layout - which makes for fast work. but again, its the actual synth engine that is super powerful - as opposed to having millions of layers of simple VA synth.
Cheers

Return to “Instruments”