Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
 
12340 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:47 am Re: The Wagtunes Corner

Vortifex wrote:
wagtunes wrote:An instrumental track from my CD "Glitch"

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... ets/glitch


I really like the drum programming on that, Wagtunes. Lots of nice funky syncopation. I think I would have liked to hear a bassline to gel the track together and give some interplay with the drums but not a major criticism.


Actually, I don't think I used much, if any bass, throughout this whole CD. Don't remember. But I think I wanted it to be all about the percussion and ambiance. I'll post more of these over the coming months.
User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
 
12340 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:17 am Re: The Wagtunes Corner

From my CD "Six Guns And A Chaser"

I wrote this one for the Vocamerica contest. Didn't win.

In The End

And in the end
When everything's been said and done
When evening falls and sets the sun
When all our lives have yet begun

I'll be with you
For evermore

For evermore

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... d-a-chaser
User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
 
12340 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:26 am Re: The Wagtunes Corner

Another one from my CD "The Reflecting Pool"

This one another mostly instrumental.

The End Times

Are you prepared for the end times
Have you not seen the signs
It has been coming a long time
Payback for all our crimes

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... cting-pool
User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
 
12340 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:48 am Re: The Wagtunes Corner

Here's a strange little tune I did from "Bananas Crackers And Nuts"

Eat Bugs

Put some on my plate with a little salt and butter
Damn that tastes real fine hey waiter can I have another
Ain't nothin finer than lunch at my favorite diner
For a tasty treat this here's one that can't be beat

Eat Bugs (eat bugs)
Eat Bugs (shoo be do be)
Eat Bugs (eat bugs)
Eat Bugs (do wah)
Eat Bugs (eat bugs)
Eat Bugs
Eat Bugs...You know you really love 'em

They go really well with your favorite Chardonnay
You don't like the smell well that's a nasty thing to say
Can't get enough of that creepy crawly stuff
Beetles on my plate everything else is second rate

Repeat Chorus

Instrumental Break

Repeat Chorus

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... s-and-nuts
User avatar
Dillinger
KVRist
 
77 posts since 2 Apr, 2016

Postby Dillinger; Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:55 pm Re: The Wagtunes Corner

Thanks for the ear worm. ;)
User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
 
12340 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:38 am Re: The Wagtunes Corner

The title track from my CD "Bananas Crackers And Nuts"

Bananas Crackers And Nuts

It isn't real I know it
If it's alive I'll grow it
Hallucinations haunt me
The crazy people taunt me

My mind is going crazy
It's not because I'm lazy
It's just that there's a reason
It goes beyond the season

Bananas crackers and nuts
Bananas crackers and nuts

Soon they will send me packing
Though common sense I'm lacking
It doesn't matter really
I'm not all touchy feely

Bananas crackers and nuts
Bananas crackers and nuts

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... s-and-nuts
User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
 
12340 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:57 am Re: The Wagtunes Corner

First track from my current WIP CD "Pop Madness"

Let's Make It

Time in the dark believing
That the light will soon come
Lost in a maze of shadows
Nothing there can be won

What if the world were brighter
And we all just could see
Think of a whole new future
Where we all could be free

Let's make it so
Let's make it real
Let's make it for the day
Let's make it grow
Let's make it heal
Let's make it all the way

Truth is the one redeemer
That we can hold on to
Opens our eyes to sunlight
And the God who is true

It isn't quite so hopeless
If we choose to believe
Blessed by the light of Jesus
So we all can be free

Repeat Chorus

Instrumental Break

Repeat Chorus

Fade Out

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... va-on-lead
Torden
KVRist
 
48 posts since 25 Aug, 2015

Postby Torden; Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:50 am Re: The Wagtunes Corner

I've listened to several of the tracks you've posted in this thread, and from what I can hear I can conclude the following:

1. You're good at composing melodies and setting up song structures
2. You know how to make lyrics.
3. You're not limited to one genre.
4. You really love vocaloids!

I'm kind of impressed with the width of genres you go into. I don't think I could have done so many of them.

You have kind of made your own style here with all these vocalids. Sometimes I feel they work well, sometimes I'd like to hear how the song sounds with real vocals instead.

My favourites so far are Nuclear Fallout and Resiting The Temptation. The last one I feel could be really great if you had a real vocalist. The compositionis quite good, and so is the mix of instruments. I can imagine it would sound great if you had a skilled soprano (like Tarja Turunen of the old Nightwish) doing the vocals.
Btw, what did you use for the guitar in this track? It sounds real. Or is it a sample plugin?

I've used Plogue's Alter Ego myself. It's more gritty than the ones I hear you use. Have you tried it too? It's free.
User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
 
12340 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:58 am Re: The Wagtunes Corner

Torden wrote:I've listened to several of the tracks you've posted in this thread, and from what I can hear I can conclude the following:

1. You're good at composing melodies and setting up song structures
2. You know how to make lyrics.
3. You're not limited to one genre.
4. You really love vocaloids!

I'm kind of impressed with the width of genres you go into. I don't think I could have done so many of them.

You have kind of made your own style here with all these vocalids. Sometimes I feel they work well, sometimes I'd like to hear how the song sounds with real vocals instead.

My favourites so far are Nuclear Fallout and Resiting The Temptation. The last one I feel could be really great if you had a real vocalist. The compositionis quite good, and so is the mix of instruments. I can imagine it would sound great if you had a skilled soprano (like Tarja Turunen of the old Nightwish) doing the vocals.
Btw, what did you use for the guitar in this track? It sounds real. Or is it a sample plugin?

I've used Plogue's Alter Ego myself. It's more gritty than the ones I hear you use. Have you tried it too? It's free.


Thank you for the kind words. I'll try to answer your questions and reply to your comments the best I can.

I've been listening to music since the early 60s so I've heard just about everything there is. That's why I'm able to write so many different genres. There's really very little in music that I don't like. Basically Rap and Reggae. Just don't have a feel for them.

As for Resisting The Temptation, I modeled the CD off of the group Within Temptation. And yes, I'd love to have Sharon den Adel singing my stuff but that's not happening. Vocaloid, for me, is a means to an ends...to get my songs heard. Having said that, I am actually starting to enjoy their vocals for what they are. I find it kind of odd that on a forum where we accept so much in the way of sound (one member recorded his trip on a train and processed that) we are so against synthetic vocals. I truly don't get it.

I have never tried the software you mentioned. I have found that Vocaloid is the only one that even comes close to a real singer, even though there is this other software in beta (I'm waiting to be called as a tester) that looks very promising.

As for the guitars, I used the software Real Guitars (they have several models) and also VIR 2 Electricity. I find them to be excellent. Of course that's just my opinion for what it's worth.

Anyway, after 40 plus years of writing, yeah, there's not much I can't do.

If you liked Resisting The Temptation, you might want to check out the entire CD.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... temptation
User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
 
12340 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:32 am Re: The Wagtunes Corner

From my CD "The Lost Tapes III"

An instrumental I did mostly using "The Dream Machine" mixed in with some odds and ends. These 40 tracks were recorded and forgotten until I put them into this collection. Most of them are just simple soundscapes. Nothing earth shattering here but being devoid of Vocals, might be listenable given some of the stuff I hear posted here.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... -tapes-iii
Torden
KVRist
 
48 posts since 25 Aug, 2015

Postby Torden; Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:55 am Re: The Wagtunes Corner

wagtunes wrote:Thank you for the kind words. I'll try to answer your questions and reply to your comments the best I can.

I've been listening to music since the early 60s so I've heard just about everything there is. That's why I'm able to write so many different genres. There's really very little in music that I don't like. Basically Rap and Reggae. Just don't have a feel for them.

As for Resisting The Temptation, I modeled the CD off of the group Within Temptation. And yes, I'd love to have Sharon den Adel singing my stuff but that's not happening. Vocaloid, for me, is a means to an ends...to get my songs heard. Having said that, I am actually starting to enjoy their vocals for what they are. I find it kind of odd that on a forum where we accept so much in the way of sound (one member recorded his trip on a train and processed that) we are so against synthetic vocals. I truly don't get it.

I have never tried the software you mentioned. I have found that Vocaloid is the only one that even comes close to a real singer, even though there is this other software in beta (I'm waiting to be called as a tester) that looks very promising.

As for the guitars, I used the software Real Guitars (they have several models) and also VIR 2 Electricity. I find them to be excellent. Of course that's just my opinion for what it's worth.

Anyway, after 40 plus years of writing, yeah, there's not much I can't do.

If you liked Resisting The Temptation, you might want to check out the entire CD.



That explains your versatility :) I can hear that you've taken inspiration from Within Temptation. I am in a similar situation regarding vocals myself. I don't fancy singing, so I use mostly sample instruments of great vocalists. That works fine for me as I'm mostly going for a particular ethereal feel, not lyrics.

I'll have a listen on the album you posted later.

And thanks for the guitar info. I'll have a look at those later too :tu:
User avatar
Allomerus
KVRAF
 
1913 posts since 28 Aug, 2012, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby Allomerus; Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:15 am Re: The Wagtunes Corner

Listened to Gates of Eternity....
Very nice!
:)
Allomerus.com
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.
User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
 
12340 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:20 am Re: The Wagtunes Corner

Allomerus wrote:Listened to Gates of Eternity....
Very nice!
:)


Thanks. I figured somebody would like it since there's no vocals.
User avatar
Allomerus
KVRAF
 
1913 posts since 28 Aug, 2012, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby Allomerus; Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:35 am Re: The Wagtunes Corner

wagtunes wrote:
Allomerus wrote:Listened to Gates of Eternity....
Very nice!
:)


Thanks. I figured somebody would like it since there's no vocals.


Ok then. I had listen one with vocals. The vocals remind me of baby metal from Japan!
Music is cool...
Well done!
:)
Allomerus.com
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.
PreviousNext

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe