u-he Colour Copy - bucket brigade delay

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Trampoline
You can't always get what you waaaant...

S
P
R
U-he
N
G

The u-he website is saying 'Public beta testing of Colour Copy starts in a few days...' :D
And there's a pic of the UI which looks just gorgeous. :love:
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

spunkmuffin wrote:The u-he website is saying 'Public beta testing of Colour Copy starts in a few days...' :D
And there's a pic of the UI which looks just gorgeous. :love:
:hyper:

キタ━━━( ˚∀゚)━━━━

Hitherto, the majority of my delay has been carried on the shoulders of ReaDelay, which has been quite serviceable. I'm very interested in this, though.

I notice that the 'COLOUR' knob on the UI is sitting between settings 3 and 4...does that mean that the feedback coloration algorithms are in some way morphable? :o

sleepcircle wrote:
HunterKiller wrote:Great effect really (Colour Copy - just saw the video on Youtube), but the name is a bit bland/generic. Doesn't inspire, the great delay/echo/flanging one can do on it. As you're still polishing it up, maybe giving it a more beautiful name might beautify things.
i love the name Colour Copy
Same here. :tu:

sleepcircle wrote:but that's why the name is CLEVER.

it creates copies of the sound, and gives them sonic coloration; you think it's retro 90s printer paper but it's actually retro 90s bucket brigade delay. it's the perfect name. it works on all levels: nostalgia, play on words, actual function
Well said, I agree.

Agreed. Colour Copy is a great name for a delay. I got the impression they were pretty married to the name Colour Copy very early on. It was the spring plugin that didn't have a name. Then there was an unofficial campaign to name both.

Incidentally, for the spring reverb, if you haven't decided on a name yet: what about Whiplash?

edit: or Drag? Cause spring reverb kinda drags back at parts of the sound?

edit edit: Or the u-he scg, after the Steinberg-Cochran-Guinan shear modulus model. :þ

edit edit edit: I've never been very good at coming up with names.

spunkmuffin wrote:I notice that the 'COLOUR' knob on the UI is sitting between settings 3 and 4...does that mean that the feedback coloration algorithms are in some way morphable? :o
Yep!

EvilDragon wrote:
spunkmuffin wrote:I notice that the 'COLOUR' knob on the UI is sitting between settings 3 and 4...does that mean that the feedback coloration algorithms are in some way morphable? :o
Yep!
Hehehe supercool! :D

will it be possible to purchase colour copy once the beta testing starts (i'm pretty sure that i'm not the only one who wants it right from the start)? :borg:

Could very well be the case when it enters public beta, u-he does intro prices as you all might know.

Gosh wrote:will it be possible to purchase colour copy once the beta testing starts (i'm pretty sure that i'm not the only one who wants it right from the start)? :borg:
We'll be doing our usual intro offer while public beta testing. AFAIK we're set for public beta tomorrow.

Return to “u-he”