Korg updates its Legacy Collection with a new Arp Odyssey emulation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ARP Odyssey M1 MDE-X: Software Effects Suite Mono/Poly MS-20 Polysix Wavestation

BONES wrote:Of course you can.

Harry_HH wrote:Yeah, agree that these sound great, as the Arp does. Arp GUI seems to be optimized for the scrollmouse. I haven't found how to change the site with the ordinary mouse.
Mate, seriously, it's 2018, get yourself a scrollwheel mouse. You can get them for as little as $2 on eBay.
Mate, I've got several scrolled mouses, which I use in my studio. When I'm mobile, I minimize the stuff I carry, additional mouse in the side of my laptop, is like fake dildo between me and my laptop. :x

Dune 3 beta ?

BONES wrote:Of course you can.
Great! It's a cheap solution as well!
I'm watching some TVs on TradeMe now (our eBay!) and I think I'll get a used 32" with HD resolution for about NZ$100 or less, so I can enjoy Korg synths and Reason's devices as well :P

EnGee wrote:I have an idea, but not sure it can work!

If I have 2 monitors, one is FHD (1080p) and one is just HD (720p). Now let's say I run my host and other VSTi (say ARP Odyssey) on the FHD and Mono/Poly on the HD. Now, will I be able to see every monitor with its native resolution simultaneously? Can I configure Windows to show two resolutions (one on each monitor)?
If you have a GPU with multiple display connectors, then yes. This is a good solution (if you don't mind looking at low resolution graphics in the first place). You should be able to do multiple displays, at their native resolutions, on Windows (I've done it myself in the past).

The sticking points will be the software you want to run. Some software doesn't handle multiple displays gracefully; some software does. If you have multiple displays, just set them up and try all your software to find out. It'll only cost you time, unless you need to change your GPU.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote:
EnGee wrote:I have an idea, but not sure it can work!

If I have 2 monitors, one is FHD (1080p) and one is just HD (720p). Now let's say I run my host and other VSTi (say ARP Odyssey) on the FHD and Mono/Poly on the HD. Now, will I be able to see every monitor with its native resolution simultaneously? Can I configure Windows to show two resolutions (one on each monitor)?
If you have a GPU with multiple display connectors, then yes. This is a good solution (if you don't mind looking at low resolution graphics in the first place). You should be able to do multiple displays, at their native resolutions, on Windows (I've done it myself in the past).

The sticking points will be the software you want to run. Some software doesn't handle multiple displays gracefully; some software does. If you have multiple displays, just set them up and try all your software to find out. It'll only cost you time, unless you need to change your GPU.
Great thank you :)

I was outbid on 32" TV! But anyway, I'm glad I was! Because I'm looking now for 32" 2k monitors (new). I have now 27" at 1080p so the fonts might be a little bit smaller in the 32" BUT, they said (I have no experience with that) that although it is smaller but it would be sharper to read because the ppi is more (about 92ppi vs my current 82ppi). So, I'm going to save little bit for a one like these:
https://pricespy.co.nz/product.php?p=4658193 as it has 75hz refresh rate and 10bit colour (I have no idea how much this is better than 60hz with 8bit colour at all :hihi: )

That looks like the perfect solution to me. My only caveat is that Viewsonic make some really good monitors and some pretty bad ones so I'd find a few reviews and make sure it's good 'un before you commit. If it's a good panel it will look sensational and you'll have tons of screen real estate to play with.
Harry_HH wrote:Mate, I've got several scrolled mouses, which I use in my studio. When I'm mobile, I minimize the stuff I carry, additional mouse in the side of my laptop, is like fake dildo between me and my laptop. :x
Then get something like this -
They are not all that cheap but when you think about how many hours a day you spend with your hand on a mouse, it makes sense to get the best one you can find. I have three of these - one wireless and two Bluetooth versions (the BT ones don't like being used on multi0ple machines, it's a hassle). I've had the wireless one since about 2010, I use it 8 or 9 hours a day at work and it's still going as well as the day I bought it. I would never go anywhere with my laptop or tablet unless I had one with me.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

But isnt that a additional piece, as well, to carry with you? I try to avoid those.

If a mouse is a "fake dildo" for you, then carry it in the appopriate place!

Sorry, had to. :oops:

Wish Korg would show some love for these synths. The Mono/Poly has a fantastic architecture and sound.

A dildo with a scroll wheel? Whatever will they think of next?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

chk071 wrote:If a mouse is a "fake dildo" for you, then carry it in the appopriate place!

Sorry, had to. :oops:
Yes, and referring to what Bones suggested, that's bending downwards, which isn't necessarely the best direction. Bill Clinton has (had) at least one bending left-uppwards... :clown:

:lol:

BONES wrote:That looks like the perfect solution to me. My only caveat is that Viewsonic make some really good monitors and some pretty bad ones so I'd find a few reviews and make sure it's good 'un before you commit. If it's a good panel it will look sensational and you'll have tons of screen real estate to play with.
There was a time when Viewsonic was a top monitor in the CRT days, but now they are sure not at the top. Still, I think they are OK mostly. I read about this model and it seems to have positive reviews. I will see after one or two months what I can get as I need the current one (LG 27") to be on the very left of me (in front of the digital piano) so I can practice piano again (but connected to the same graphic card, GTX 1060, as I want to use the same PC for everything, so I don't need to replicate any setup) :)

Gentlemen, gentlemen, there's no need to worry about new monitors and resolution this or that! KORG told us they were working to address this Legacy Collection GUI in late 2017, and all we need to do is patiently wait for that miracle to occur! KORG was once a top synth name and would never make an empty promise and (whoops) forget about the project, or assign one programmer part-time to fix this pressing need! Remember, the longer you wait, the more you'll appreciate the results when they come creeping in! The heart grows fonder, and all that!

And as many wise men have proclaimed, this process could take years, or even decades for a major synth and tech juggernaut like Korg to improve these relatively simple GUIs!

Patience and understanding is all we need! And as you watch the pages of the calendar fly off into space, and feel your life slipping further and further to that final dark conclusion, all we need to know is that KORG, the great and powerful, has our backs on this complicated GUI mega-process. And if by the time these GUIs finally improve you find the synths they correspond to have become more and more irrelevant and dated - all the better, right!

After all, TIME is the one thing we all have in endless supply! Add a little patience, and understanding of the mind-boggling task at hand, and soon all our hearts will be filled with the true peace of the perfect mantra...

Bump, bump, bump, another month slips by for KORG,
Didabump, bump, bump, another month slips by for KORG,
And another slips by, and another slips by, another month slips by for KORG.
Hey, they got my money, too!
Another month slips by for Korg.

And the wait goes on, and the wait goes on.......

(it's actually fun, when you think about it!!!)

Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Return to “Instruments”