What's your favorite official (FS @ u-he.com) soundset?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

With a 25% coupon in hand I think I wanna grab a few soundsets. I have all the major synths, so the question is wide open.

Thoughts, opinions? ... goofy jokes?

It of course really depends on what type of music you make.

Technically I should say Dark Zebra cause it comes with its own version synth.
But the one I think I have gotten most use out of, although I don't use it anymore as I practically wore it out, were the two big tone zebra banks.

The one that I probably enjoy most to play is Diva Performer as it really begs u to play it, but I am a keyboardist so modwheels, after touch etc excite me :).

The one for me that is the best bang for the buck is Transmission, has loads of interesting patches, tutorials, osc etc.. But by now very dated and zebra does so much more now.

And of course the one that started it all for me was
Zebra's oldskool (now part of zebraskools) which was the first bank after trying zebra 4 or 5 times and not quite grasping why so many were excited by it, that got me to say... ahh that's why.. And I have been a u-he vsti devotee/fan boi since.

My two cents.
Rsp
sound sculptist

I would second Dark Zebra. That's the one I use as far as Zebras are concerned, so when I modify a plain Zebra sound I have access to the extras. OTOH, what are the plans for Dark Zebra ? Will it follow along any updates brought to the regular Zebra ? Will it be forgotten ?

mevla wrote:I would second Dark Zebra. That's the one I use as far as Zebras are concerned, so when I modify a plain Zebra sound I have access to the extras. OTOH, what are the plans for Dark Zebra ? Will it follow along any updates brought to the regular Zebra ? Will it be forgotten ?
Urs says elsewhere in this forum.
It will is the short answer. He had wanted to move the Diva Filter modules into the matrix but that would take too long so for now it stays where it is and the rest of it will be updated with the Z2.8 updates.
rsp
sound sculptist

Good suggestions.

Yeah, Dark Zebra is cool. I especially like the 'drum pattern generator' style patches. They're gritty, yet rich sounding and with simple multi-key/velocity combos out comes all manner of beats. It's also quite controllable.

Well, right now, I personally think the Vectors, Traveller and Dancepack are most tempting. Any experience with these?

lunardigs wrote:Good suggestions.

Yeah, Dark Zebra is cool. I especially like the 'drum pattern generator' style patches. They're gritty, yet rich sounding and with simple multi-key/velocity combos out comes all manner of beats. It's also quite controllable.

Well, right now, I personally think the Vectors, Traveller and Dancepack are most tempting. Any experience with these?
I am planning to pick up Vectors for Bazille. Aiyn Zahev (or Sami as his real name is) is one of the more talented sound designers when it comes to EDM types of sounds. He also made a lot of the factory presets for uhe synths, and other synths to for that matter. I don't buy much presets but I have most of Aiyn Zahev presets for various synts. Hive science 1 and 2 are also on my radar.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Return to “u-he”