---

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

BertKoor wrote:
Jace-BeOS wrote:
sjm wrote: I for one am happy that I no longer need to write my documents in WordPerfect. Sure, if that's your thing, go for it. The rest of us are probably happy that WYSIWYG is now a thing.
What was the last version of WordPerfect you used? It was WYSIWYG in all versions I used.
Probably 5.1, the last stable MS-DOS version. It started being WYSIWYG at version 6, but the whole world chose MS-Word over WordPerfect (for Windows) by then. The transfers to Novell an Corel did not really help.
The whole world moved to MS Word... except me, I guess. I started on WordPerfect at version 7 and stuck with it (maybe version 8 later) until I couldn't run it anymore. I never use MS Word if I can avoid it.

I moved to GoBe Productive on BeOS (excellent; like a page layout program when you want it to be, but now long gone), and then to Pages on Mac OS (and I've stayed with the excellent 2009 version, which was superior to the junky iOS port that replaced it and is super-slowly catching up to it in features).

The only time I was without WYSIWYG word processing was when I used the word processor included with Tandy Deskmate, back in, what, 1987? :-D
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Please add midi stretch (double tempo/half tempo etc) that affects range. In the current state, if I understand correctly, I have to add "marker notes" at start and end of the range where I want to stretch evenly with Stretch Handle.

Stretch Handle just stretches the range that are between notes.

mmm.. you can do that? i can anyway.
be a bit more specific or post a screen grab. midi stretching is one of the features in the piano roll?

This is what I mean.

I realized I don't need both notes at start and end of range but it still requires to put a note at the start of the range. Maybe work-around would be putting a muted note as a rest.

how are you slecting the notes you want to 'stretch'?
are you saying you want to stretch from the left-hand side?
the pics don't really make the question any clearer..

inkwarp wrote:how are you slecting the notes you want to 'stretch'?
are you saying you want to stretch from the left-hand side?
the pics don't really make the question any clearer..
You select them as you select normally notes in th PR... i.e. Ctrl+ left drag

Take a look at the picture on the left hand side...
Beside the rightmost A#3 ...do you see this little left/right arrow??? this is the handle you grab and move to the right (to stretch) or to the left (to shrink)...
Holding ALT while moving this handle snaps the movement to the grid... without holding ALT it´s stretching/shrinking without snapping

what Trancit said : )

Great update. The v20 / 20 years thing is a bit odd. So v21 will need to come out next year then?

I wonder if it'll ever be possible to get Piano Roll note bends to work for 3rd party synths. But I guess that compatibility would have to be directed from the synth devs themselves, not Image Line.

Not quite sure how FL implements note glide, however there is midi aftertouch if the synth supports it.

note glide only works on bespoke Plugins.

Please fix Harmor VST Velocity bug.

20.0.4 is out - this got my attention:
Improvements to CPU usage – Especially in complex projects, where mixer tracks are routed to others, and threaded processing is on, you will notice significant improvements to CPU usage.
https://rekkerd.org/image-line-improves ... -4-update/

I wonder how much better it is? Might install and compare.

MogwaiBoy wrote:20.0.4 is out - this got my attention:
Improvements to CPU usage – Especially in complex projects, where mixer tracks are routed to others, and threaded processing is on, you will notice significant improvements to CPU usage.

It depends how much Mixer routing you use in your project... if you are bussing a lot, you´ll notice improvements up to 50% less CPU usage...
Less bussing less improvements...

Basically this removes a bug which was present doing weird things if tracks where routed to different destinations than the master

Jace-BeOS wrote:
sjm wrote: I for one am happy that I no longer need to write my documents in WordPerfect. Sure, if that's your thing, go for it. The rest of us are probably happy that WYSIWYG is now a thing.
What was the last version of WordPerfect you used? It was WYSIWYG in all versions I used.
4 or 5, no idea any more. My mum would probably know, it was her field of expertise. Once Word hit Windows, it was pretty much "adieu WordPerfect" and its arcane interface the world over. So you never used the old versions that often felt more like vi than Word when editing?

Trancit wrote:
MogwaiBoy wrote:20.0.4 is out - this got my attention:

It depends how much Mixer routing you use in your project... if you are bussing a lot, you´ll notice improvements up to 50% less CPU usage...
Less bussing less improvements...

Basically this removes a bug which was present doing weird things if tracks where routed to different destinations than the master

The scary part is, it took so long to discover that the bug even existed and then ultimately fix. I'm not sure if it's a sign of poor development, testing or priorities. Makes me wonder what other lurking bugs still go unnoticed or ignored for decades.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”