Tone2 Gladiator 3 (public beta)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Gladiator 4

Vertion wrote:
wagtunes wrote: Case in point. Everybody here pretty much unanimously agrees that my patch libraries are crap. So, given that, all of them should pretty much do as poorly sales wise.
Wagtunes, your 'crap' is awesome. I would like to have some actually after reason three.

There are 3 reasons people are not buying currently.
1. They don't know.
2. Not evaluated as having enough value.
3. Not enough money.

Fix it: Repackage for the experience.
1. Write a random person on KVR (or wherever), and tell them you pick 10 people a day to receive a free soundset. Possibly post the winners to get people more invested.

2. Unless it's food and shelter, you are selling dreams.. so make it the best dream a person can have. Work on the look and feel of the experience of Wagtunes... not just audio, but visual.. the whole customer experience from start to ongoing.

3. If they don't have the money, come up with multiple pricing options.

4. Create a positive habit, if you can get them to buy a little, they can buy a lot. This only works if they feel they completely own the choice of buying, and feel a little hit of joy for doing it.
Let me guess. You have a marketing background. :hihi:

Believe me, I know there are a ton of things I could do. I actually used to run a 6 figure a year business back in the early part of this century. I got sick of it and shut it all down. I do this for fun. I'd rather spend my time making music, of which I've made a ton of in my life.

But yeah, these are great suggestions. And I'm sure you and I could probably come up with a lot more.

I just don't care enough to bother.

:!:
Last edited by Vertion on Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
SLH - Yes, I am a woman, deal with it.

Vertion wrote:
wagtunes wrote: Let me guess. You have a marketing background. :hihi:
I have many backgrounds, most are great, some are good, and one stinks.
wagtunes wrote: Believe me, I know there are a ton of things I could do. I actually used to run a 6 figure a year business back in the early part of this century. I got sick of it and shut it all down.
I know a lot of people with this story. Both my mother and my wife's mother used to own and run their own individual companies.. each were making 6 or 7 figures at one point. Now they do nothing, and never want to go back. But I learned a bit about business processes from my mother for the course.
wagtunes wrote: I do this for fun. I'd rather spend my time making music, of which I've made a ton of in my life.
All you do is music all day? If I change my name to WagTunes, will I also be able to live such a blissful lifestyle? :D
wagtunes wrote: But yeah, these are great suggestions. And I'm sure you and I could probably come up with a lot more.
Planning to relocate to NY this coming month with wife and kids, so looking for work where it's found.
wagtunes wrote:I just don't care enough to bother.
:(
Oh come on. No sad face. I have an amazing life. Yeah, I pretty much do music all day. I also make my own comic strip called "Stick World" that just passed the 1 year mark this month.

I want for absolutely nothing. Well, maybe VSL but wouldn't get it anyway with their horrible license policy.

wagtunes wrote: Oh come on. No sad face. I have an amazing life. Yeah, I pretty much do music all day. I also make my own comic strip called "Stick World" that just passed the 1 year mark this month.

I want for absolutely nothing. Well, maybe VSL but wouldn't get it anyway with their horrible license policy.
"I've probably opened up 50 restaurants between Champps and Granite City," said Wag

Holy Toledo.. wow!

Vertion wrote:
wagtunes wrote: Oh come on. No sad face. I have an amazing life. Yeah, I pretty much do music all day. I also make my own comic strip called "Stick World" that just passed the 1 year mark this month.

"I've probably opened up 50 restaurants between Champps and Granite City," said Wag

Holy Toledo.. wow!
Yeah, I wish. LOL

wagtunes wrote:Yeah, I wish. LOL
I was watching your youtube channel... Your personality would be a great marketing tool for many things... you stand out so much you would be iconic in your own right. You just need the right market. My first thought was a synth spokesman/reviewer not unlike Dan Worrel. Or something even like a 'meme' style marketing campaign featuring you for an entire synth company. If you want to do something like that, I'll churn out a WagTunes synth, just for you. Seriously. I'll use Blue Cat's Plug n Script to generate the VST for PC32/64 and MAC, best, is I can make it look like most of the top synthesizers on the market due to my graphics skill set. Let me know.. it would be interesting. By the way.. please check out http://wavepot.com/ with Chrome, as I see you like to tinker with sound.

Vertion wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Yeah, I wish. LOL
I was watching your youtube channel... Your personality would be a great marketing tool for many things... you stand out so much you would be iconic in your own right. You just need the right market. My first thought was a synth spokesman/reviewer not unlike Dan Worrel. Or something even like a 'meme' style marketing campaign featuring you for an entire synth company. If you want to do something like that, I'll churn out a WagTunes synth, just for you. Seriously. I'll use Blue Cat's Plug n Script to generate the VST for PC32/64 and MAC, best, is I can make it look like most of the top synthesizers on the market due to my graphics skill set. Let me know.. it would be interesting. By the way.. please check out http://wavepot.com/ with Chrome, as I see you like to tinker with sound.
You know, if I wasn't basically retired (I'm 60 and loving it) this would be very tempting. But good heavens, work????

I think I'd rather cut off my big toe. LOL.

But I will say this. If you make a synth that I like the sound of, I'll buy it, make a set for it, and let you use it as a factory library. Do what you want with it. No expectations of anything in return. If I do a few patches a day, it could be finished in a few months and won't be like doing any work. In fact, I'll work on them during lunch.

Might be fun. I'm on PC 64 bit, Windows 7 using Cubase 7.

This is a Gladiator 3 thread?

Yes
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Echoes in the Attic wrote:This is a Gladiator 3 thread?
Yeah, Markus (Tone2) will release more info next week. I will keep this thread updated with the latest info.

I don't think that's what Echoes meant 8)

Echoes in the Attic wrote:This is a Gladiator 3 thread?
It was. Once. :hihi:

Well it’s for virtual gladiators anyhow.

fluffy_little_something wrote:I don't think that's what Echoes meant 8)
i know :D

The vocoded loop in the beginning is a preset from some Tone2 synth? I think I've heard it in Gladiator or Electra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obKhH82Xe2U
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Return to “Instruments”