Let me guess. You have a marketing background.Vertion wrote:Wagtunes, your 'crap' is awesome. I would like to have some actually after reason three.wagtunes wrote: Case in point. Everybody here pretty much unanimously agrees that my patch libraries are crap. So, given that, all of them should pretty much do as poorly sales wise.
There are 3 reasons people are not buying currently.
1. They don't know.
2. Not evaluated as having enough value.
3. Not enough money.
Fix it: Repackage for the experience.
1. Write a random person on KVR (or wherever), and tell them you pick 10 people a day to receive a free soundset. Possibly post the winners to get people more invested.
2. Unless it's food and shelter, you are selling dreams.. so make it the best dream a person can have. Work on the look and feel of the experience of Wagtunes... not just audio, but visual.. the whole customer experience from start to ongoing.
3. If they don't have the money, come up with multiple pricing options.
4. Create a positive habit, if you can get them to buy a little, they can buy a lot. This only works if they feel they completely own the choice of buying, and feel a little hit of joy for doing it.
Believe me, I know there are a ton of things I could do. I actually used to run a 6 figure a year business back in the early part of this century. I got sick of it and shut it all down. I do this for fun. I'd rather spend my time making music, of which I've made a ton of in my life.
But yeah, these are great suggestions. And I'm sure you and I could probably come up with a lot more.
I just don't care enough to bother.