Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
User avatar
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF
 
11895 posts since 5 Jun, 2012, from Portugal

Postby fluffy_little_something; Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:12 am Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NOW with Wavetable/Multi-Sample/Resynthesis Import

alexpander wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:What is the sound character in a nutshell, compared to the others?

Rapid just sounds incredibly fat. The sound is as powerful, almost compressed but still sounds incredibly fresh, transparent and clear. Many virtual synthesizers sometimes sound too dull or somehow fizzy and thin. For me Rapid combines all these sound characteristics in one instrument, so I just love the sound!
When I use or just listen to presets from Mirko in Nexus, Avenger and Rapid, Rapid blows the others away immediately soundwise - at least to my ears!


I don't really like most demo sounds I have heard so far, but I guess that has more to do with the programming rather than the synth's sound as such. It does sound bright, but there is an equalizer to get rid of that...

It is quite expensive, too expensive for my needs. But I am not complaining at all, I think it is worth the price, judging from the completeness, frequent and meaningful updates, and reviews :tu:
GMusic
KVRian
 
607 posts since 26 May, 2009, from Area 51
simmo75 wrote:How’s the June update coming along?


Wasn't there suppose to be an update months ago? -__-

This is a great sounding VST in my opinion. But the lackluster (and just downright ugly) GUI and preset management is a turn off. It's very difficult to organize the presets, because AFAIK if you move them around folders they don't load properly. I prefer all my leads (LD) to be in a leads (LD) folder, regardless of which bank they came from. Etc...

If the next update improves the GUI (and color scheme) that would be fantastic. A cherry on top would be preset management.
User avatar
parawave
KVRist
 
186 posts since 15 Mar, 2016, from Germany
simmo75 wrote:How’s the June update coming along?
Sadly we have to shift the release to July. Not happy about it myself. At least this is the last delay. It just needs a few more days of fine-tuning. But NO further delay!

GMusic wrote:A cherry on top would be preset management.
How about a preset filter option plus search bar at the bottom of the preset browser? So you can search for words in the preset file name, or only show a list of preset by type - Bass, Lead, Pad etc. Or have you a more specific thing in mind mentioning management ?
GMusic
KVRian
 
607 posts since 26 May, 2009, from Area 51
parawave wrote:
GMusic wrote:A cherry on top would be preset management.
How about a preset filter option plus search bar at the bottom of the preset browser? So you can search for words in the preset file name, or only show a list of preset by type - Bass, Lead, Pad etc. Or have you a more specific thing in mind mentioning management ?


Avenger has one of the more useful preset management systems I've seen. It's not overly complex and simple to use. You can use a keyword search if you remember part of the preset's name or use multiple tags to narrow down the search. Every time I use it, it gets me decent results.

note: I also like that Avenger has limited the tags to general but helpful names. I do not believe people can create their own tags, which is good since too many tags actually hinders good preset management. As I'll describe next...

I absolutely detest those linear tree-type preset managers. For example, Omnisphere's preset management is bulky and there are way too many tags, especially if you get 3rd party expansions. It's so linear and tags are out of wack, so you either end up with a huge list of results or tiny list because of obscure tags. For instance, my tag list has redundant names like "Airy" "Light and Airy" "Air". RIDICULOUS. And since there's no way to select multiple tags to mitigate this, it makes it a huge mess. The only saving grace is the sound search feature to search for a presets that SOUND like the preset you have selected.

Hope this helps.
coltpeacemaker
KVRer
 
26 posts since 4 Jun, 2015, from Perth Australia
Can anyone guide me true install? im having problems getting the sound content to work! the synth shows up in my daw with all the preset names but the library section is empty with contains all the waveforms and multi samples.
I have all the files extracted to my desktop so there's the rapid vst installer, the sound content installer plus four files called M1 M2 M3 M4 in what order do i install? Do i install the sound content first? or the rapid vst first? And what about the M1 M2 M3 M4 do i have to manually install these into the right folder.
The worst thing is i had it all working not long ago but decided to clean my computer and reinstall windows and have everything up and running except Rapid my fav synth...
Cheers
Gosh
KVRian
 
813 posts since 2 May, 2005
coltpeacemaker wrote:Can anyone guide me true install? im having problems getting the sound content to work! the synth shows up in my daw with all the preset names but the library section is empty with contains all the waveforms and multi samples.
I have all the files extracted to my desktop so there's the rapid vst installer, the sound content installer plus four files called M1 M2 M3 M4 in what order do i install? Do i install the sound content first? or the rapid vst first? And what about the M1 M2 M3 M4 do i have to manually install these into the right folder.
The worst thing is i had it all working not long ago but decided to clean my computer and reinstall windows and have everything up and running except Rapid my fav synth...
Cheers

i installed the vst first and then the sound content but i'm quite certain that you can also do it the other way around. the m1 to m4 files are the files with the actual sound content, however, you don't have to manually install these, this is taken care for by the sound content installer. hope that helps...
coltpeacemaker
KVRer
 
26 posts since 4 Jun, 2015, from Perth Australia
Thats what i thought about the m1 m2 m3 m4 files the extractor should automatically install them! Anyway im going to try again! Thanks mate!!
coltpeacemaker
KVRer
 
26 posts since 4 Jun, 2015, from Perth Australia
Finally its done! I need a beer :tu:
5Lives
KVRian
 
502 posts since 10 Nov, 2005, from New York City
Are there any plans to support AAX?
User avatar
strovoknights
KVRist
 
249 posts since 22 Aug, 2014
Summer sale will coming?
MaschineStudio_Flexi_for_Bitwig2.4(DrivenByMoss )
Here is Plugin Mappings for Bitwig
GMusic
KVRian
 
607 posts since 26 May, 2009, from Area 51
parawave wrote:Sadly we have to shift the release to July... At least this is the last delay. It just needs a few more days of fine-tuning. But NO further delay!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73tGe3JE5IU
User avatar
parawave
KVRist
 
186 posts since 15 Mar, 2016, from Germany
5Lives wrote:Are there any plans to support AAX?
Nothing planned at the moment. A bit of a hassle to contact AVID for SDK and implementation, since we're already busy with regular development. Someday.

strovoknights wrote:Summer sale will coming?
Maybe end of summer. It's very spontaneous.

GMusic wrote:
parawave wrote:Sadly we have to shift the release to July... At least this is the last delay. It just needs a few more days of fine-tuning. But NO further delay!
Okay, maybe a bit unclear. Meant was, it will be released in July.

@Features:
I can confirm a few things:
  • A new oscillator insert for wave-tables called FORM. Which applies some kind of formant-shifting.
  • Two Formant/Vowel filters.
  • Insert gain will be separated from the existing insert, introducing a new Mix Module with stereo balance per voice.
  • A way to change the per voice processing order of filter -> insert to insert -> filter.
Not confirmed when it's build in, but the general idea of the new mix module is to finally extend it into an advanced mode. A kind of per-voice fx-stack, with up to 4 re-arrangable slots (filter, insert).
Examigan
KVRAF
 
4257 posts since 15 Sep, 2005, from East Coast of the USA
parawave wrote:I can confirm a few things:
  • A new oscillator insert for wave-tables called FORM. Which applies some kind of formant-shifting.
  • Two Formant/Vowel filters.
  • Insert gain will be separated from the existing insert, introducing a new Mix Module with stereo balance per voice.
  • A way to change the per voice processing order of filter -> insert to insert -> filter.
Not confirmed when it's build in, but the general idea of the new mix module is to finally extend it into an advanced mode. A kind of per-voice fx-stack, with up to 4 re-arrangable slots (filter, insert).


:party: Sounds good, thanks for the update.
User avatar
strovoknights
KVRist
 
249 posts since 22 Aug, 2014
parawave wrote:
5Lives wrote:Are there any plans to support AAX?
Nothing planned at the moment. A bit of a hassle to contact AVID for SDK and implementation, since we're already busy with regular development. Someday.

strovoknights wrote:Summer sale will coming?
Maybe end of summer. It's very spontaneous.

GMusic wrote:
parawave wrote:Sadly we have to shift the release to July... At least this is the last delay. It just needs a few more days of fine-tuning. But NO further delay!
Okay, maybe a bit unclear. Meant was, it will be released in July.

@Features:
I can confirm a few things:
  • A new oscillator insert for wave-tables called FORM. Which applies some kind of formant-shifting.
  • Two Formant/Vowel filters.
  • Insert gain will be separated from the existing insert, introducing a new Mix Module with stereo balance per voice.
  • A way to change the per voice processing order of filter -> insert to insert -> filter.
Not confirmed when it's build in, but the general idea of the new mix module is to finally extend it into an advanced mode. A kind of per-voice fx-stack, with up to 4 re-arrangable slots (filter, insert).


Yeah!
Great :tu:
MaschineStudio_Flexi_for_Bitwig2.4(DrivenByMoss )
Here is Plugin Mappings for Bitwig
recursive one
KVRAF
 
3589 posts since 7 Feb, 2013
parawave wrote:@Features:
I can confirm a few things:
  • A new oscillator insert for wave-tables called FORM. Which applies some kind of formant-shifting.
  • Two Formant/Vowel filters.
  • Insert gain will be separated from the existing insert, introducing a new Mix Module with stereo balance per voice.
  • A way to change the per voice processing order of filter -> insert to insert -> filter.
Not confirmed when it's build in, but the general idea of the new mix module is to finally extend it into an advanced mode. A kind of per-voice fx-stack, with up to 4 re-arrangable slots (filter, insert).


This is very very cool, formant shift and vowel filters feel like psytrance heaven. :love: :tu:

But what happened to this?
parawave wrote:[July] GUI Update :
  • Classic, Dark and various coloured themes will be provided by us for free.
  • New 100% resolution will be 1280 x 720 px (making it wider) and support for scaling up to 4K.
  • Optional switch for OpenGL rendering capabilities, to move processing load to GPU.
  • Overhaul of all default graphics (knobs, display, panels) plus a few workflow enhancements
  • 3rd party themes via theme manager.
[July-August] FX Update:
  • Glitch. Use Sequence A to D to jump back and forth in time.
  • Pitch Shift. By -/+ 12 Semitone, also with settable buffer size.
  • Reverse. A kind of reverse buffered delay. Especially useful for drums/loops/attacks.
  • Tonal Delay. Instead of a BPM based, the timing is related to a tuning ratio.
  • Multiband Saturator. 4 Bands. Various FX per band including Asymmetric Clip, Foldover, Rectify, Rate Reduce, Ring Mod, -/+ Feedback and more.
As you may have noticed, besides saturator all effects heavily focus on time based processing. Combining them should allow insane FX chains you never even thought of.


Btw, I have to report some persistent problems in Studio One 3.5.
1. When I add Rapid to an exiusting project containing other plugins I'm often getting glitches and audio dropdowns during the playback which feel like those happening when the CPU is overloaded, except that the Win task manager shows that the CPU load is nowhere near the critical values. When I bounce Rapid to audio and remove it, this doesn't stop until I reload the project.
2. When I use "convert to adudio track" function in Studio One (this is a sort of advanced freeze in S1) and then convert the aduio track back into instrument track (unfreee), sometimes Rapid loads the default wavetable instead of the one which should actually be in the patch.

Neither of this happens all the time (i.e. I can sometimes use Rapid and encounter neither 1 nor 2) but both of these do happen more often than I'd like too.
I hate incomplete sentences because they ...
PreviousNext

Moderator: KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments