SynthmasterFx

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I have a question about the 2nd Synthmaster, the one labeled "SynthmasterFx." How do I use it? I thought it would work like Zebrarev but it doesn't. It doesn't make a sound so I'm assuming it's effects only, but I've got no idea how to route it... using Live 9. Peace. :help:

Instant help...:wink:

Look in this thread, there seems to be the solution, maybe for Live, too:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=380573

Tricky-Loops wrote:Instant help...:wink:

Look in this thread, there seems to be the solution, maybe for Live, too:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=380573
Thanks for the hint, but no luck. I tried the setup mentioned in the link with Zebra: Zebra2 midi on channel 3 and Zebrarev on Audio channel 4. Channel 3 audio to Audio Channel 4. Channel 4 Audio from Channel 3, Pre Fx, with audio from Channel 4 to Master Channel. I hear audio from the master and see levels on the master.

I tried the same setup and changed layer 1 osc type to Audioin. I do not see levels or hear any audio from the master channel.

I'll keep plugging away but if anyone has worked through this I'd appreciate the help.

Peace. 8)

I don't use ableton but it should be pretty simple. Make sure you have the audio sent to SMFX. Then make sure SMFX gets audio out somewhere audible to the DAW.
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

SMFX is for effects, so drag+drop (or double click) it onto a track like any other audio effect in Live.

Open the "FX" tab in SMFX to enable/disable routing of specific effects.

OSC 1&2 type as "audio in" simply allows you to use the layer chain normally but with the outside instrument input replacing SM's oscillators.

Got it!!! Thank you, it works. Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!

Normally the osc should be set to AudioIn with the correct settings but that doesnt happen with SynthMasterFX AU (VST FX works fine). I need to debug this.

For manual setup:

Set Layer 1 Osc1 type to "AudioIn"
Set Audio trigger treshold to a very low value (0 or 1 is fine)
Set Trigger to something other than OFF, like c3
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Thanks for this, its the only thing that worked on 2.9

Return to “KV331 Audio”