Random "glitch"?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey everybody,

So I was using MuLab and all of a sudden, it won't let me play music.

What happens is when I hit the spacebar or the play button, it jumps ahead to the 560th (or so) bar. Mind you I have maybe 25 at most. So I'm not sure how in the world to get this back on track but I would appreciate some help!

I also tried to open a new session and copy/paste the track and it just did the same thing but it started at the 150th (or so) bar. So I'm confused at this point but just want to figure it out so I can start editing this again.

Thanks in advance!!

Could you just confirm: (a) the MuLab version number and (b) your operating system, please.

Also, you say it's specific to one track.

Does that mean you can play normally everything else? The demos work? You can create audio and event tracks and they work -- apart from this one?

Could you specify the details of the track in question:
1) Is it audio or event? (I'm guessing audio as you've not said anything about a synth or anything.)
2) Is it targeting an empty rack? (I'm assuming so as you've said you can paste it into a new session -- just checking.)
Assuming audio ...
3) Did you create track from an audio file on disk? Can you recreate the track from the file? Does it behave the same way when you create the track from scratch again?

More questions may well follow :)

The version number is 7.7.4.64

I'm on windows

And it's on all the tracks, I just tried to copy a track into another session to see if that would solve it. It just starts the "song" at the 150th bar instead of the beginning and I can't get it to go back to the beginning.

Can you try:

1) Download from the mutools.com site again
2) Extract to a completely new directory (you can leave the old install there)
3) Run mulab.exe from the new directory
4) Open one of the demos
5) See whether it still happens

Don't do anything additional like trying to set up your preferences or user folder - just the raw install from the website.

That seems to have fixed it.

Not sure what in the world that was about, but it isn't doing it anymore. I even saved a copy of the previous song I was working on and opened it on the new MuLab and it all worked out fine so we're all good!

Thanks for your help!!

Well, it happened again. Tried to just use another program but I really like MuLab so I guess it's back to the forums! Any other ideas???

The obvious question is: what have you done in the last week that could have changed something?

Secondly, does a reinstall fix it again? If so, it's definitely something you're changing.

Maybe some background process that is interfering with the asio driver?

I literally left it be, came back like 4 or 5 days later and it just happened again. I honestly just left my computer there for a few days and then opened it up and it did the same thing where it skips ahead to the 100th and something bar.

Are you saying you let MuLab open for many days?

Return to “MUTOOLS”