KX77FREE - 30 07 2018 > Update of all x64 VST - new releases - fixed recent bugs

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Kx-Modulad Kx-Polym-CSE Kx-PolyMod Kx-Synth-X16

15/08/2017 - Update of main plug-ins (x86 - x64):
x64: Kx Synth x16 6.05 / Kx PolyM CSE 2.05 / Kx PolyMod 2.05 / Kx Modulad 4.05
x86: Kx-Synth-x16 5.2 / Kx-PolyM-CSE 1.2 / Kx-PolyMod 1.64 / Kx-Modulad 3.2
- Oscillator Sync quality improved (x86 and x64).
- Clip leds added (internal signal clipped to +6 dBFs, x64 only).
Fixed bugs:
- x64 Kx PolyM CSE: Lfo speed knob blocked.
- x86 Kx-Modulad: Render button stayed on after a waveform render if the plugin windows setting was always on front (x86 Cubase 8.5.3 on Win 10).

About the beta tests, I updated the "FOR-TESTS-ONLY.zip" with a beta of Kx Synth x16 done with the SE 1.2405 to verify the last x64 SE DSP stability.
The current betas are done with SE 1.2399.

Thanks Xavier :)

:tu: for the x86 updates. Thank you Xavier, for the efforts! :)

Hi,

I did an hard work about my VST to check all in complex sessions on Cubase, it's not easy for me to make music and to debug my VST but finally I consider these last versions like releases, not like betas. I identified all DSP problems and avoid them.

19/11/2017 - Update of main x64 plug-ins (Releases - VST3 - VST2):
Kx Synth x16 6.06 / Kx PolyM CSE 2.06 / Kx PolyMod 2.06 / Kx Modulad 4.06

Various improvements and bug fixes on 64 bit versions.
Made with the latest stable version of SE (1.2412) and with the latest SDK3 (c++).
Parameter indexes have been fixed to preserve compatibility between future versions.
These versions pass the main tests of the Steinberg tool to check the VST3.
The period of beta testing with end users is over.

Fixed bugs:
- XML presets: the file extension has been replaced by *.xmlpreset.
KX SYNTH X16:
- Cubase: correct initialization of each voice when the plug-in is initialized off (button on off of the Cubase window).
- Matrix controllers: after initialization of the plug-in they switch to static mode (10% of CPU use won).
- Parameters: they have been renamed and all the parameters of the matrix have been defined in private mode (not listed in the automation of your DAW) to simplify their management.
KX POLYM CSE and all by default:
- The FX filters are correctly initialized after a sample rate change.

About x64 VST:

VST2 recommended for VSTHost:
The GUI editor of VSTHost 1.56 stays incompatible when the plug-ins are used in VST3 not in VST2. VST3 GUI works fine only with VSTHost 1.54.

Recommended Fruity Loop VST settings:
Select "Use fixed size buffers" in the plug-in options to win 25% of CPU use!

Recommended Reaper VST settings:
With small Asio buffers if you experimented Reaper bugs when you reloaded a session without to close Reaper before.
To fix it > Preference > Plug-ins > VST > "Allow complete unload of VST plug-ins" (to clean all current session memory).
If you listen audio "pops" when you edit something on Reaper with Asio4All.
To fix it > FX windows > Compatibility settings > "Save minimal undo steps".

SF2 banks:
Possible ASIO buffer drop-out when loading large SF2 banks (with small buffers),
just avoid to play the session when the bank is loading (to do list).

Installation example:
1- Unzip and copy the VST3 folder in "C:\Programs\Common files\VST3".
2- In "Users\"your account"\Documents\VST3 Presets\xavier kalensky\"KX SYNTH X16", you copy all *.vstpreset files provided with the VST3.
3- If your DAW does not support VST3, change the extension of the plugin *.vst3 by *.dll (VST2) and copy the VST2 folder in "C:\Programs\Common files\VST2" or in your usual x64 VST2 folder...
4- Update the database of your DAW by scanning the VST3i plug-ins.
Note:
"Common Files" is a protected Windows system folder. Your DAW must be in Administrator mode to save the sequencer *.x16 files or your XML presets. If else you must save in your Document folder of your account or out of protected Windows folders.

As always:
Thank you very much. :)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

:tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

kx77free wrote: KX SYNTH X16:
- Cubase: correct initialization of each voice when the plug-in is initialized off (button on off of the Cubase window).
- Matrix controllers: after initialization of the plug-in they switch to static mode (10% of CPU use won).
- Parameters: they have been renamed and all the parameters of the matrix have been defined in private mode (not listed in the automation of your DAW) to simplify their management.
Thanks Xavier!
Does the ubove means that we can't automate matrix parameters? If yes is kind of sad beacuse i use those a lot especially in live sets.

lalo wrote:Does the ubove means that we can't automate matrix parameters? If yes is kind of sad beacuse i use those a lot especially in live sets.
Yes, I wanted to simplify the list of parameters because the matrix uses 514 parameters!
The x64 version is based on the x86 files, so since 2008 the original names are stayed the same.
The problem is that if I change the index order I broke the presets compatibility. If I do that I must do a new version like a v7.0.

But I can do a regression about this because now these ones are indexed in my source files so I can activate or deactivate the private mode without brakes the preset compatibility.

I can rebuild another dll (vst3 or vst2) with this feature and add the link waiting the v7.

I have no idea how many peoples use the automation on the matrix parameters...

Xavier

kx77free wrote:
lalo wrote:Does the ubove means that we can't automate matrix parameters? If yes is kind of sad beacuse i use those a lot especially in live sets.
Yes, I wanted to simplify the list of parameters because the matrix uses 514 parameters!
The x64 version is based on the x86 files, so since 2008 the original names are stayed the same.
The problem is that if I change the index order I broke the presets compatibility. If I do that I must do a new version like a v7.0.

But I can do a regression about this because now these ones are indexed in my source files so I can activate or deactivate the private mode without brakes the preset compatibility.

I can rebuild another dll (vst3 or vst2) with this feature and add the link waiting the v7.

I have no idea how many peoples use the automation on the matrix parameters...

Xavier
Hi Xavier, thanks for the explanations.
Yes i'd really like a version with matrix parameters accessible for automation. The matrix is definetly an essential part of EMS organic workflow and sound. So for me workin' live with the EMS means to change on the fly the matrix using controllers.

**moved to more recent thread**

Yes i'd really like a version with matrix parameters accessible for automation. The matrix is definetly an essential part of EMS organic workflow and sound. So for me workin' live with the EMS means to change on the fly the matrix using controllers.
It's possible that I will create a mono version with midi learn for the matrix parameters and I will add also audio inputs and four outputs like the first old x86 versions but it will be a beta because I have not tested the compatibility of these addon features with VST3 and the actual hosts, perhaps I will migrate to SE 1.4, I'm currently testing the last beta SE releases.

Tell me if you use the Kx-Synth-x16 in Polyphonic mode in live ?
If it's the case, I can do a dll (VST3) with the matrix parameters enabled to Midi Learn but I will do that on the next updates. I will do a zip with only the x64 VST3 dll file but I will put the link only here or in the download table but that will be more confused on my url.

Hi all,

After several months of debug work I decided to update my main x64 VST:

http://kx77free.free.fr

To operate the 64 bit (x64) KX77FREE plug-ins and the 32 bit (x86) version of SE PolyMod KX plug-in require MicroSoft files called "Visual C ++ Redistributable Package". These need to be installed only once on each PC that uses these plug-ins.
Link to get the 2015 version (the 2017 version is compatible, check your already installed packages):
https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/downloa ... x?id=53587

19/07/2018 - Major update of main x64 plug-ins:
Kx Synth x16 6.07 / Kx PolyM CSE 2.07 / Kx PolyMod 2.07 / Kx Modulad 4.07 / Se PolyMod 1.05
- Releases done with the latest stable version of SE (1.3266) and with the latest SDK3 (C++).
- Build with no static DLL (x64 MicroSoft VC 2015 C++ redist package must be installed).
- Graphic bugs fixed on Seven.
- Improvement of GUI editor and DAW refresh speed.
- Hint texts work on all parameters.
- Internal menu to load directly 128 factory presets.
- Improvement of large SF2 banks loading.

SE PolyMod KX:
- Waveform drawed outside the scope area fixed.
AU version (beta): new zip (SE 1.4173)
Win VST versions (Release): new zip (SE 1.3266)

08-09/06/2018 - Major update of SE PolyMod KX (v1.04)
AU version (beta): new zip (SE 1.4157)
- Checked with Live and Reaper, it works.
- Support of bold and italic fonts.
Win VST versions (beta): new zip (SE 1.4152)
- 128 presets.
- Hertz, new KXMOD parameter.
- Improvement of GUI editor and DAW refresh speed, 60 fps (x64).
- Hint texts work on all parameters (x64).

About x64 VST:

VST2 recommended for VSTHost:
Load and Save XML presets menu does not work fine on Win 10 following the configuration used (to do list).
The GUI editor of VSTHost 1.56 stays incompatible when the plug-ins are used in VST3 not in VST2.
VST3 GUI works fine only with VSTHost 1.54.

Fruity Loop:
Select "Use fixed size buffers" in the plug-in options to win 25% of CPU use!

Reaper:
Load and Save XML presets menu does not work fine on Win 10 following the configuration used (to do list).
If you listen audio "pops" when you edit something on Reaper with Asio4All.
To fix it > FX windows > Compatibility settings > "Save minimal undo steps".
To do list:
Load and Save XML presets menu does not work fine on Win 10 following the configuration and the DAW used.

Installation example:
1- Unzip and copy the VST3 folder in "C:\Programs\Common files\VST3".

2- To operate the 64 bit (x64) KX77FREE plug-ins require MicroSoft files called "Visual C ++ Redistributable Package". These need to be installed only once on each PC that uses these plug-ins, get the 2015 version or the 2017 compatible version (check your already installed packages):
https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/downloa ... x?id=53587

3- In "Users\"your account"\Documents\VST3 Presets\xavier kalensky\"KX MODULAD", you copy all *.vstpreset files provided with the VST3.

4- If your DAW does not support VST3, change the extension of the plugin *.vst3 by *.dll (VST2) and copy the VST2 folder in "C:\Programs\Common files\VST2" or in your usual x64 VST2 folder...

5- Update the database of your DAW by scanning the plug-ins.

Note:
"Common Files" is a protected Windows system folder. Your DAW must be in Administrator mode to save the sequencer *.x16 files or your XML presets. If else you must save in your Document folder of your account or in out of protected Windows folders.

Have fun.

Thanks. :)
I love KX-SYNTH-X16 !
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Xavier, you're truly ahead of your time, as you dated the update thread title August 19 2018 . :ud: :D :wink:

:dog: Thanks! I'm always in the future of the past...

Return to “Instruments”