Patchwork, Logic, modwheel weirdness

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, having a wonderful time messing with Kontakt scripts inside the Patchwork AU MIDI FX, THANK YOU!

But here's a weird thing:
The Patchwork GUI is responding to the mod wheel, sweeping through the column views when it's moved, then defaulting to single column when released until manually switched back to the first one that actually shows Kontakt loaded in the top left slot (view 4, the default I suppose?). Doesn't seem to be disrupting the sound or function at all, but it's annoying certainly. Ideas?

TIA

Have you tried specifying the Params Mapping for the modwheel when you have Kontakt loaded into a slot?

There's no problem with Kontakt receiving the Mod wheel, as is. Does the column view, or anything else in the PW GUI, even have a MIDI parameter?

You may want to check the current preset or global settings: you have probably assigned the number of rows or columns to the MIDI CC corresponding to mod wheel. Just disable these MIDI assignments and you should be fine.

Well, shucks, there IS a MIDI parameter for modulating the column view, right at the top of the list, defaulting to CC1, just because it's the second item in the list (so not 0). And it seems that MIDI doesn't actually get through to Kontakt unless the slot it's in is visible in the view, which means at least 3 columns need to be visible.

So even though modulating the columns wasn't what I wanted, and it didn't, as I said, actually interfere with MIDI getting through to Kontakt when only the pre and posts slots were visible. Didn't, that is, until after I found all the Enable MIDI boxes were checked in global settings, and switched them all off, saved, and reloaded the Logic project. THEN the view suddenly mattered and I guess I can see how modulating the view might be a useful way to switch MIDI access to a slot on and off…tho the mod wheel doesn't seem to be a particularly good choice for doing this…? Anyway, problem solved, hopefully a little something learned and worth describing for the next chump. Thanks, guys!

Slots that are outside the matrix range are actually fully disabled, so no audio nor MIDI goes thru them.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”