Is Sylenth1 still under active development for *new* features?

Official support for: lennardigital.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

anoise wrote:
blue monk wrote:Sylenth1 has that authentic EDM sound.
Yeah, maybe because they all use Sylenth1? :lol:
Maybe. But, why would you think do they all use Sylenth1? There must be something about it which is just pleasant for those sounds.

There's been enough soft synths released after Sylenth1.

anoise wrote:
blue monk wrote:Sylenth1 has that authentic EDM sound.
Yeah, maybe because they all use Sylenth1? :lol:
Yes, of course. Sylenth1 has a specific sound. If you use Serum or Massive, both good synths, it will not sound the same.
Since Sylenth1 is still today used a lot by many producers in various popular EDM genres, it sounds just right when you want your music to sound like it belongs in a DJ set of these genres.
With other synths, you very often don't get exactly that sound.

anoise wrote: It is possible. Viper is very close to the Virus.
I don't use Windows. Listened to the demo. I am not impressed. The patch programming is very good. But the sound quality is nowhere near the Virus. The price is pretty high for a synth that was created with a sandbox without own development.

fluffy_little_something wrote:There are a lot of people who don't use Sylenth1 for EDM at all. One can use it for R&B or Pop just as well.
Of course.
fluffy_little_something wrote:And once the aliasing bug is fixed, I don't understand what's wrong with the sound quality as such...
What you can do now is switch your project to 88 kHz.
As it is, nothing it "wrong" with the sound quality. It's like comparing the Virus TI2 to the Nord Lead series. The oscillators of the Nords have more bite, are more precise. Leads on the Nords are sharper and basses are very tight and punchy. The Virus is very good. But the Nords have an advantage on the basic level. The Virus is more flexible (not true probably with the Nord Modular G2 which is no longer available though).
So, Sylenth1 is a great synth as it is. But if Lennard would create a new one today, that could be on another level.

Sylenth isnt a tweaker wave shaping knob junkie synth. It just gets shiet done.
And fits in any track , with any genre in my opinion
Ableton Live 10, Korg Monologue. Various vst's and effects

Not sure about the statement of "Sylenth1 has noisy filters and aliasing oscillators", but I find these as unique features.
Maybe that isn't a good thing for some people, but for those who have a fetish for early 2000's & 90s VA synthesizers would appreciate the lofi sound.

Well, I don't want to hear any aliasing, after all that is what it states in the copy on his site, alias-free. Otherwise it would be a bit fraudulent.

I don't consider aliasing a feature, it is a defect in my view. I would never buy a synth that has aliasing. If one wants noise, one can use the distortion effect and the filter drive. Other than that, I want Sylenth1 to sound squeaky clean...

I wanna say something to fluffy and users -
First i want to apologize that i blame you for ruin my other topic,obviously here you made an almost scientific analysis of Sylenth1
problems i was not aware and user's will only benefit from it when is fixed.
Second i think that the aliasing happened under some conditions or circumstances personally i haven't notice it before you mention it but it's REALLY there and hope developer to fix it because it's one of my all time favourite synths .
Third Sylenth1 is unique synth - it's so easy to make cool sounds then to layer with other audio streams under fx and so cpu lite that inspiration is almost constant working with it,which isn't something many synths give to the music producer.
Personally my advice to fluffy is buy it and continue to insist for improvements - that's how both sides will win :)
You are cool designer and i think you gonna be immediately inspired to do fresh sounds with Sylenth1 - working with it i discover so many new sound dimentions to my music and already unintentionally made around 5000 presets :)
Cheerz :)

fluffy_little_something wrote:Well, I don't want to hear any aliasing, after all that is what it states in the copy on his site, alias-free. Otherwise it would be a bit fraudulent.

I don't consider aliasing a feature, it is a defect in my view. I would never buy a synth that has aliasing.
They all have aliasing though. Some more, some less. It's a not to avoid side effect.

Why bother though when you don't notice it anyway? :)

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote:I wanna say something to fluffy and users -
First i want to apologize that i blame you for ruin my other topic,obviously here you made an almost scientific analysis of Sylenth1
problems i was not aware and user's will only benefit from it when is fixed.
Second i think that the aliasing happened under some conditions or circumstances personally i haven't notice it before you mention it but it's REALLY there and hope developer to fix it because it's one of my all time favourite synths .
Third Sylenth1 is unique synth - it's so easy to make cool sounds then to layer with other audio streams under fx and so cpu lite that inspiration is almost constant working with it,which isn't something many synths give to the music producer.
Personally my advice to fluffy is buy it and continue to insist for improvements - that's how both sides will win :)
You are cool designer and i think you gonna be immediately inspired to do fresh sounds with Sylenth1 - working with it i discover so many new sound dimentions to my music and already unintentionally made around 5000 presets :)
Cheerz :)
Not sure what other thread you are talking about, but whatever, no problem :tu:

Um, I DO own Sylenth1 :wink:

chk071 wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Well, I don't want to hear any aliasing, after all that is what it states in the copy on his site, alias-free. Otherwise it would be a bit fraudulent.

I don't consider aliasing a feature, it is a defect in my view. I would never buy a synth that has aliasing.
They all have aliasing though. Some more, some less. It's a not to avoid side effect.

Why bother though when you don't notice it anyway? :)
Well, in the audible frequency range there shouldn't be any aliasing.
Why bother? I DID hear it, else I wouldn't have noticed. After all, I was not even using a signal analyzer, but only my ears.

Well, Sylenth1 does alias. Like any digital synth. So, what i meant was, why bother when you don't notice that it aliases anyway?

chk071 wrote:Well, Sylenth1 does alias. Like any digital synth. So, what i meant was, why bother when you don't notice that it aliases anyway?
If it aliases at frequencies I can hear, I do notice it, obviously. So it becomes an issue. Again, I noticed by accident, wasn't even looking for aliasing.
And if a synth aliases, the developer should not claim that it doesn't.
In my other thread on this very topic, Lennard said that there was no aliasing in previous versions. I can't check that anymore, though.

Been wondering myself!

fluffy_little_something wrote:Um, I DO own Sylenth1 :wink:
What version? :hihi:

Return to “LennarDigital”