Biotek 2 Available Now

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
nichttuntun
KVRian
512 posts since 22 Nov, 2017

Post Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:16 am

AnX wrote:
nichttuntun wrote:
And really. The LEGEND is one of the most boring synths. :D
Boring? No. Its a lot simpler than some some synths, but its an emulation of a classic synth with an amazing sound.
Hi. Yes of course. Excellent sounding considering it's a digital recreation. And that's exactly the reason why it's boring as hell. All sounds you can get with this thing are heard a billion times on a billion records already and THE LEGEND throws not one single tiny little new thing into the pot. Yes. That's what I call veeeery boring. :hihi:

nichttuntun
KVRian
512 posts since 22 Nov, 2017

Re: Biotek 2 Available Now

Post Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:17 am

Examigan wrote:I received an answer from Wolfram and he said he can reproduce the issue and a fix will be in the next update. 8)
Cool. Tracktion and their small dev teams are really awesome. It seems they really care for their customers. I too had only very good experiences and I contacted them for Waverazor and Biotek :tu:

gentleclockdivider
KVRian
1244 posts since 22 Mar, 2009 from gent

Re: Biotek 2 Available Now

Post Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:40 am

Biotek is great, but I really miss a parallel filter routing , multiple layers won't cut it
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

User avatar
Fleer
KVRAF
3924 posts since 23 Aug, 2014 from Boston/Cambridge

Re: Biotek 2 Available Now

Post Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:54 pm

nichttuntun wrote:
Examigan wrote:I received an answer from Wolfram and he said he can reproduce the issue and a fix will be in the next update. 8)
Cool. Tracktion and their small dev teams are really awesome. It seems they really care for their customers. I too had only very good experiences and I contacted them for Waverazor and Biotek :tu:
+1 for absolutely flawless support

simmo75
KVRian
1061 posts since 25 Mar, 2016 from Seattle

Re: Biotek 2 Available Now

Post Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:44 pm

gentleclockdivider wrote:Biotek is great, but I really miss a parallel filter routing , multiple layers won't cut it
Totally agree with you!
Please can you add this Tracktion?

Examigan
KVRAF
4458 posts since 15 Sep, 2005 from East Coast of the USA

Re: Biotek 2 Available Now

Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:36 am

Is there a way to easily modulate through the 8 slots of each LFO? I can't figure it out, and I read the manual unless I just missed something in there . :shrug:

Examigan
KVRAF
4458 posts since 15 Sep, 2005 from East Coast of the USA

Re: Biotek 2 Available Now

Post Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:19 pm

I found out how to do that after work today.
There's a target in the matrix called LFO Slot Blend, so I assigned another LFO to it and now it works like a charm.
LFO blend.jpg
Now if I could just do this full-time I'd be all set and would quit the day job... :hihi:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nichttuntun
KVRian
512 posts since 22 Nov, 2017

Re: Biotek 2 Available Now

Post Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:58 pm

:tu: :party: :tu:

jackson881
KVRist
156 posts since 26 Feb, 2010

Re: Biotek 2 Available Now

Post Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:17 pm

Is Biotek 2 backward compatible with the original Biotek or does it install as a completely independent version with a unique identifier?

User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
14017 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: Biotek 2 Available Now

Post Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:19 pm

jackson881 wrote:Is Biotek 2 backward compatible with the original Biotek or does it install as a completely independent version with a unique identifier?
It installs as a new VST but the Biotek presets will work in Biotek 2.

User avatar
martinjuenke
KVRAF
2558 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Germany

Re: Biotek 2 Available Now

Post Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:30 pm

Lost the battle against GAS and bought it halfprice from JRR.
No regrets yet... :phones:

Flowing atmospheric music
http://www.sonoryth.bandcamp.com/music

User avatar
aMUSEd
KVRAF
30070 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Re: Biotek 2 Available Now

Post Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:47 pm

Managed to resist it - still think the upgrade is over priced for something I hardly use

jackson881
KVRist
156 posts since 26 Feb, 2010

Re: Biotek 2 Available Now

Post Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:01 am

wagtunes wrote:
jackson881 wrote:Is Biotek 2 backward compatible with the original Biotek or does it install as a completely independent version with a unique identifier?
It installs as a new VST but the Biotek presets will work in Biotek 2.
Great. Thank you wagtunes!

User avatar
Julien Unison
KVRist
348 posts since 9 Oct, 2006

Re: Biotek 2 Available Now

Post Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:21 am

martinjuenke wrote:Lost the battle against GAS and bought it halfprice from JRR.
No regrets yet... :phones:

Halfprice ? How ? :o
U N I S O N : shoegaze / electronic / black metal wall of sound with heavenly voice
https://soundcloud.com/weareunison / https://www.facebook.com/unison666 / https://weareunison.com/

User avatar
martinjuenke
KVRAF
2558 posts since 28 Dec, 2015 from Germany

Re: Biotek 2 Available Now

Post Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:24 am

Julien Unison wrote:
martinjuenke wrote:Lost the battle against GAS and bought it halfprice from JRR.
No regrets yet... :phones:

Halfprice ? How ? :o
Two weeks ago there was a sale...

Flowing atmospheric music
http://www.sonoryth.bandcamp.com/music

Return to “Instruments”