Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Kavokei
KVRer

10 posts since 8 Dec, 2003, from Linux limbo...

Postby Kavokei; Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:17 am BazilleCM and ZebraCM - Linux versions

Time-appropriate greetings, all!

Firstly, apologies if this has already been asked and answered - I searched before posting but didn't turn up anything.

Well, I've been mooching around [url]u-he.com[/url], deciding what to blow my 25% discount on after I sell a few internal organs and what's left of my soul. On the BazilleCM and ZebraCM pages I noticed the following:

"Available for macOS, Windows and Linux"
:o

So, off I pop to CM's FileSilo, and download the current issue's PC Instruments zip file, excited that I'll find the Linux version in there. Nope. Can't see it in the Mac zip either. Hmm...

I've had ZebraCM and Bazille installed on my Windows partition for some time, but I'm trying to move as much of my audio work to Linux as I can, so having these two would be a huge bonus as I've already used them in several Bitwig projects.

I don't suppose anyone has any tips on how to get my hands on Linux versions of these two beauts?

Cheers in advance!
Jack Winter
KVRer

20 posts since 22 Dec, 2017

Postby Jack Winter; Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:15 pm Re: BazilleCM and ZebraCM - Linux versions

Here you can find the latest Zebra build https://www.reddit.com/r/UheOnLinux/com ... satin_and/ and here Bazille: https://www.u-he.com/downloads/linux/release/4408/

Don't know what you have to do for licenses though..
Kavokei
KVRer

Postby Kavokei; Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:45 pm Re: BazilleCM and ZebraCM - Linux versions

Hi Jack, many thanks for your response, much appreciated! :)

I do already have the Linux versions of the plugins on the page you kindly provided. However, these two are special versions of Zebra and Bazille provided by U-HE for Computer Music magazine (hence the CM in the name), as per the following links:
https://u-he.com/products/bazillecm/#linuxbeta
https://u-he.com/products/zebracm/#linuxbeta

They are effectively cut-down versions of the full Zebra and Bazille, but I do really like the sound of the CM versions in their own rights.

I think I'm probably going to buy Zebra in my upcoming spree, so the Linux version of ZebraCM may not be needed, but I it would be great to have BazilleCM on Linux if possible.

I'm just curious why Linux versions are mentioned on the U-HE website, but Computer Music magazine doesn't appear to be supplying them... and if it's as simple as me looking in the wrong place. Wouldn't be the first time...
mevla
KVRian

1437 posts since 3 Nov, 2015

Postby mevla; Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:59 pm Re: BazilleCM and ZebraCM - Linux versions

What would be the difference between BazilleCM and Beatzille ?

Cheers.
low_low
KVRist

303 posts since 19 Jul, 2018

Postby low_low; Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:37 pm Re: BazilleCM and ZebraCM - Linux versions

Kavokei wrote:They are effectively cut-down versions of the full Zebra and Bazille, but I do really like the sound of the CM versions in their own rights.

Not me ... I just couldn't sleep at night knowing there was a U-he product I didn't have.
Kavokei
KVRer

Postby Kavokei; Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:21 am Re: BazilleCM and ZebraCM - Linux versions

mevla wrote:What would be the difference between BazilleCM and Beatzille ?

There's a comparison chart at the bottom of the BazilleCM page, looks like this:

BazilleVsBazilleCM.png

Now that I think about it, I can probably mimic BazilleCM's sounds by just limiting the Bazille features I use. I quite like having constraints sometimes, though - it forces me to find the limitations of whatever tool or system I'm using.

low_low wrote:
Kavokei wrote:They are effectively cut-down versions of the full Zebra and Bazille, but I do really like the sound of the CM versions in their own rights.

Not me ... I just couldn't sleep at night knowing there was a U-he product I didn't have.

Yep, right there with you!

Zebra + Dark Zebra is most likely on my shopping list for this month, but with Diva, ACE, Uhbik, and probably Filterscape on the list as well, I'm not sure I can stretch to the whole U-HE collection in one go, even with the 25% discount.

I already bought ColourCopy this month, and Repro last year, so I'm getting closer to a full collection.

However, short of a lottery win, I might have to wait a little while for the rest. Hopefully I'll be able to sleep a little better in the meantime with a partial U-HE collection at least.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mevla
KVRian

Postby mevla; Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:13 pm Re: BazilleCM and ZebraCM - Linux versions

Kavokei wrote:

There's a comparison chart at the bottom of the BazilleCM page, looks like this:

I mean Beatzille, not Bazille.
Kavokei
KVRer

Postby Kavokei; Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:30 pm Re: BazilleCM and ZebraCM - Linux versions

mevla wrote:
Kavokei wrote:

I mean Beatzille, not Bazille.

Ah yes, apologies mevla, I evidently didn't read your post properly. As far as I'm aware, BazilleCM and Beatzille are the same. I've only tried BazilleCM though...
dlarseninclusive
KVRist

193 posts since 19 Nov, 2017, from Los Angeles

Postby dlarseninclusive; Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:43 am Re: BazilleCM and ZebraCM - Linux versions

The revision number, BazilleCM is newer.

Cheers.
glokraw
KVRAF

6514 posts since 6 Oct, 2004

Postby glokraw; Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:41 am Re: BazilleCM and ZebraCM - Linux versions

Get the CM version, even if only for the tutorials. Even one handy tip
that gets used in a song is worth the $5
Cheers
chk071
KVRAF

16347 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:43 am Re: BazilleCM and ZebraCM - Linux versions

Cheers.

As far as i know, there is no difference between those.
chk071
KVRAF

16347 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:44 am Re: BazilleCM and ZebraCM - Linux versions

glokraw wrote:Get the CM version, even if only for the tutorials. Even one handy tip
that gets used in a song is worth the $5
Cheers

Yep... the CM Studio plugins are well worth it as well.
mevla
KVRian

Postby mevla; Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:53 am Re: BazilleCM and ZebraCM - Linux versions

Speaking of free plugins, there's a bunch of Melda Production plugins for free.

Moderator: u-he Mods

Return to u-he

FEATURED
Embracing change the right way: An Interview with David Rosenthal
Advertisements