Allomerus - Sirens - Progressive Rock Instrumental

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Allomerus - Sirens - Progressive Rock Instrumental

A bit different to how we often make a track. Started this with live improvs with Paul on drums and me playing bass. The rest was added after…

John Wegner: Bass, Guitar and Synths
Paul Wegner: Drums and Percussion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKBHU2CxV7A
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

I recognized this track from a couple years ago. The drum and bass combo really drives this. Gloomy and propulsive. The mellotron-like synth does a good job luring sailors to their doom. :o

The new video fits the music well and looks professional.

My Feedback

Music - 9
Instruments - 8.5
Performance - 9.5
Mix - 9

Overall - 9

Comments: Interesting adventure on this one. Like the way it builds throughout until just before the release at the end.

cool basslines, choirs, intricate drumming, dreamy keys.... whats not to like here?
enjoyed muchly, gents :clap:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Very cool track! This should be on a modern western. Just like layzer said " what's not to like here?" Great work :tu:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

An impressively complex piece of work. Have a definite soundtrack feel to it.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Interesting how you built it around the drum/guitar jam. This definitely has a dark, dangerous mood to it so it’s aptly titled. Reminds me a little of music from David Bowie’s last album.

I liked it. Some people might find it unsettling but isn’t that the point.

Frantz wrote:I recognized this track from a couple years ago. The drum and bass combo really drives this. Gloomy and propulsive. The mellotron-like synth does a good job luring sailors to their doom. :o

The new video fits the music well and looks professional.
Thanks Frantz! I thought it needed a video... The hard part was actually getting some sirens to agree to being filmed. So I went with rocks and waves. And of course I love mellotron.
Bandcamp

wagtunes wrote:My Feedback

Music - 9
Instruments - 8.5
Performance - 9.5
Mix - 9

Overall - 9

Comments: Interesting adventure on this one. Like the way it builds throughout until just before the release at the end.
Thanks Wag! Appreciate your comment and listen.
Bandcamp

layzer wrote:cool basslines, choirs, intricate drumming, dreamy keys.... whats not to like here?
enjoyed muchly, gents :clap:
Thanks layzer! Great to hear from you and it's always nice when your music is appreciated.
:)
Bandcamp

jethrobull wrote:Very cool track! This should be on a modern western. Just like layzer said " what's not to like here?" Great work :tu:
Thanks Bully! The guitar sound was inspired by Roland S Howard from "The Birthday Party" and the "Bad Seeds". He certainly had that "western twang sound" but he perverted it somehow. ;)
Bandcamp

When the video 1st started i thought it was 3 knights standing in the water :D
This is really good, love the lick of the bass and all the other elements too, my only negative was the frenzied section at the end which was a bit squeelly. :tu:
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Did someone say "mellotron"?

folderol wrote:An impressively complex piece of work. Have a definite soundtrack feel to it.
Thank you folderol! I wanted it to sound like a soundtrack, so it's great you agree. All the best! :)
Bandcamp

fastlanephil wrote:Interesting how you built it around the drum/guitar jam. This definitely has a dark, dangerous mood to it so it’s aptly titled. Reminds me a little of music from David Bowie’s last album.

I liked it. Some people might find it unsettling but isn’t that the point.
Thanks Phil. Correct! It is meant to be unsettling, after all Sirens are not your friend.
Your comment about Bowie's last album is an awesome complement. Thank you! 8)
Bandcamp

Return to “Music Cafe”