Basic Walk through of MDrummer

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I made another video and this time I just made a basic walk through of MDrummer. I went over how to choose a kit, rhythm, etc and how to arrange it into a song. This is part 1 and in part 2 I'll go over how to create your own rhythms and choose your own samples/manipulate them. If there is anything you want to see regarding MDrummer in a future video let me know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P176vlINDQw

Much appreciated. I also refer to other videos you have made about audio processing using Melda plugins. They're very good.

Cheers.

You should show how to add in samples and play drums by midi controller

mevla - Thanks

Underoath77 - I'll try to add that in this weeks video.

Thanks man! Been wondering for a while.
Chandlerhimself wrote:mevla - Thanks

Underoath77 - I'll try to add that in this weeks video.

BTW, your idea of doing music reviews of less known acts is great and I'll be looking forward to hear some. I for one never got tired of discovering new music. I must say less than before because things have changed, but the curiosity and the discovery impulse is still there.

Cheers.

mevla - Thanks. I feel the same way. I want to learn about new music, but I feel like I don’t have time or something always gets in the way, so I’m going to make it a point to do it from now on.

double

As I try to get to (eventually ...) know how MDrummer works, your two videos are excellent to cover the bases. One thing though that I noticed near the beginning of the first video: there's no need to put a note in a clip in order to sync MDrummer. The sync is done with the transport, not with MIDI notes. This means that simply starting the transport (eg. pressing play in the DAW) will sync MDrummer to the DAW's BPM. At least this is what I observe in Bitwig, and it makes sense that the sync is at the transport level.

Cheers.

mevla - Thanks. I don't have Bitwig, so I don't know how it works, but in Reaper it doesn't sync until it receives a midi note. I just checked to make sure and just playing the transport won't sync MDrummer. Perhaps it depends on the DAW. If its working for you in Bitwig, that's great as I'm sure that's much easier.

Interesting. Vojtech can eventually clarify how the sync is made. Doing it on a single MIDI note is, AFAICS, impossible. There has to be two notes at least in order to determine the time value, the BPM. OTOH, the transport already knows the BPM and can communicate to any plugin. BPM changes during a song would be communicated that way also. So it might be the way a DAW works. Reaper might need a note in order for its transport to send BPM data to plugins.

Cheers.

Sync is provided from the DAW, sometimes not ideally though...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”