Plugins needing USB eLicenser

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I bought the Steinberg USB eLicenser years ago for a couple of Waldorf plugins, but it seems I don't really need it for much else except Cubase. I guess most companies are steering clear of that type of copy protection. (?)

I am curious as to which other companies even use it these days...?

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chapelle wrote:Vienna Symphonic Library
reFX
Vengeance Sound (for anything except Avenger)
XILS-lab (not for all products; for those that do use it, you can choose between eLicenser and iLok)
VirSyn
I forgot about XILS-lab's protection. I have most of their synths, but I use the soft iLok versions.

I have Arturia Spark Dub that also uses it.
rsp
sound sculptist

Only the Steinberg stuff here as well. Largo was eLicenser, but, not anymore. Steinberg may stay clear of it soon too, as far as I read.

This eLicencer is quite buggy on Mac. I have to restart PadshopPro several times during a session or when loading a project. Really annoying. This amateurish copy protection discourages me from buying additional Steinberg stuff. Their problem...

I have no problems, for years as long as I keep it up to date.

Don't all McDSP plugs require the USB?

Mcdsp use the elicenser's competitor, pace's ilok.
rsp
sound sculptist

Some Halion 6 library developers use eLicenser serials for their libraries.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Cubase and Halion on mine. I usually forget it's even there.

The only time I might run unto a minor problem is sometimes after a Windows update,
but running the 'maintenance' routine fixes it.

I wish all the plugins used a key, I don't get why people hate it. I mean ... I get why SOFTWARE PIRATES hate it ... but I don't get why anyone who has a valid license hates it.

I haven't read many times that people hate license keys. Where did you read that?

chk071 wrote:I haven't read many times that people hate license keys. Where did you read that?
Most in this forum since I got here, I've heard a bunch of people say they won't buy VST's because of license keys.

Well, good luck to those finding plugins without a copy protection. Gotta restrict yourself to freeware then, i guess.

Return to “Instruments”