DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

- which device you are talking about
Push 2/drivenbymoss10
- your operating system
windows7 64bit
- what you do exactly (steps to reproduce)
turning 'metronome' knob results in play position being changed, not tempo.

Thank you so much for your work. It helped me make the decision to switch to bitwig.
How can I contribute?

rebelyawn wrote:"Push 2 Crashed"

When I select the arrow that points away from the circle, the second place in the Ableton Push 2 Controller Section that says "Ableton Push 2 Live Port", then the controller crashes. The Push is able to send midi into Bitwig when I set it up as a Generic Midi Controller, but no buttons are lit up, and neither is the screen.
I would really like to use Push4Bitwig. Any idea about how to fix this?
-Yawn
Scroll up to the start of page 16.

Yahoo!! Thank you Mr. Moss. That Beta version got my push up and running in bitwig <3

Ghislain2b wrote:Dear Moss,

I use your last Beta driver with Komplete Keyboard Kontrol s61 mk2 and Bitwing 2.4 beta 2.

When the track volume is set to 0 in Bitwig, the keyboard display -2.2dB.

Please, can you fix this.
Thanks a lot. :D
I am afraid I can't since I cannot change the displayed scale. I can only send a value between 0..1 and the position of the arrow resulting from it looks correct (in relation to the position in Bitwig).

strovoknights wrote: Parameter Banks Next step value is 7.(Bank1 Jump to Bank7,not go to Bank2)

Controller: Maschine Studio
Bitwig: 2.4 Beta2
DrivenByMoss: beta4

and Thanks to Moss!
Very useful scripts for me! :)
Ah, I see. The functions work correctly but it seems I missed to add any function to select and scroll the parameter pages.

sukebe wrote:- which device you are talking about
Push 2/drivenbymoss10
- your operating system
windows7 64bit
- what you do exactly (steps to reproduce)
turning 'metronome' knob results in play position being changed, not tempo.
That is how it is intentded. To change the tempo use the knob above the Tap Tempo button.

Hi,

I finally got a Launchpad Pro :party: :!:

And you script is great, thank you so much :clap: .

But if you dont mind I have 1 question, how do I select a clip so I can sequence? In the launchpad mk1 script I just need to launch the clip and it gets automatically selected and ready to sequence, but in this one I have no clue.

pc999 wrote:Hi,

I finally got a Launchpad Pro :party: :!:

And you script is great, thank you so much :clap: .

But if you dont mind I have 1 question, how do I select a clip so I can sequence? In the launchpad mk1 script I just need to launch the clip and it gets automatically selected and ready to sequence, but in this one I have no clue.
To create/record a new clip:
1) Press Shift + Double to create a fixed length clip (the length can be chosen in the settings. Use the play or piano view to record.
or
2) Rec Arm the track on which you want to record the clip. Press a pad of the track in the session view. Use the play or piano view to record.

To record in an existing clip, enable clip overdub (Shift + Record -> you can also set this to only use Record in the settings).

To sequence (aka use one of the sequencers) simply select a sequence mode (it always works on the currently selected clip).

Moss!

Great job!

Would something like novation circuits -microstep- ever possibly be included in your already awesome script!? I think they really nailed it with microstep on the circuit, if you don’t know what that is or don’t own a circuit, it’s a function that lets you move one note within a step, six steps, either back or forth, perfect for swing and anti grid programming. Also quick repeats and what not...

Dude, I would love that in novation pro as well...

Klas

moss wrote:
To sequence (aka use one of the sequencers) simply select a sequence mode (it always works on the currently selected clip).
Thanks.

But how do I select a previous created clip? I mean, I create a clip in the first track and sequence it, then a create a second clip on the first track and sequence it, how do I select the first clip again to change it and sequence it again?

pc999 wrote:
moss wrote:
Thanks.

But how do I select a previous created clip? I mean, I create a clip in the first track and sequence it, then a create a second clip on the first track and sequence it, how do I select the first clip again to change it and sequence it again?
Simply select it in the session view?!

Hi Moss

I decided to get my old beatstep 1 out of the cupboard and give it a play
when I start BWS it starts the BS1 for about 5 secs and then I get this error "Beatstep crashed index 16 size 8" disable restart

any idea whats wrong

cheers
Kev
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

Hi Moss

I decided to get my old beatstep 1 out of the cupboard and give it a play
when I start BWS it starts the BS1 for about 5 secs and then I get this error "Beatstep crashed index 16 size 8" disable restart

ps: I don't need to use it as a controller, just the basic sequencer
any idea whats wrong

cheers
Kev
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

moss wrote:
pc999 wrote:
Thanks.

Simply select it in the session view?!
That is what I cant do :?

In the session view I can launch clips for playback, record new ones, or even overdub. But I cant select it. If I create a clip in the first track, then create a second one, when I launch the first clip again it wont be selected to sequence, the second clip will keep being the selected one (and even highlighted on BWS) and if I try I will sequence the second clip and not the first.

I mean, launching a clip on session view does not select it for sequencing.

pc999 wrote: In the session view I can launch clips for playback, record new ones, or even overdub. But I cant select it. If I create a clip in the first track, then create a second one, when I launch the first clip again it wont be selected to sequence, the second clip will keep being the selected one (and even highlighted on BWS) and if I try I will sequence the second clip and not the first.

I mean, launching a clip on session view does not select it for sequencing.
Ah, now we are getting there :-)
In the settings enable "Session -> Select clip on launch".

Return to “Controller Scripting”