MixBus 4, upcoming 5... what do you think?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Mixbus Mixbus32C

I ask because right now there seems to be a killer deal ($150 nets V4 + Free V5 upgrade plus their XT and Essential plugs):

https://harrisonconsoles.com/site/specials.html

I currently use Reason and Reaper, do almost exclusively piano and vocals, and the hardware aspect with some of the plugins of the simplistic Mixbus might fit well with my setup.

Anyone have /use Mixbus with a similar setup? Gonna hit a bunch more recent reviews, but I wanna pack it in quickly as I have no idea how long the special will last, and don't want to impulse buy.
Have you tried Vital?

Layers upon layers upon layers....

Keeping it simple has a lot of benefits...

Reaper is great DAW to mix in and that is all you really need....

Why complicate things ? :wink:
No auto tune...

Owned Mixbus 3/4 and 32C, eventually uninstalled the lot and will never go back to them, buggy, lots of problems with VST/VSTi's, can't stand the look of it, and to be honest doesn't cut it if you try to use them as a fully fledged DAW, OK if you want to just use them for mixing stems ect, but as a fully fledged DAW . . forget it. If you don't mind dealing with frustration continually . . . go for it.

Just my opinion from my experience of course.
Say NO to CLAP!

jinotsuh wrote:Owned Mixbus 3/4 and 32C, eventually uninstalled the lot and will never go back to them, buggy, lots of problems with VST/VSTi's, can't stand the look of it, and to be honest doesn't cut it if you try to use them as a fully fledged DAW, OK if you want to just use them for mixing stems ect, but as a fully fledged DAW . . forget it. If you don't mind dealing with frustration continually . . . go for it.

Just my opinion from my experience of course.
Same here.. I really want to like and support them but bugs are way too many and support is not great.

All good points, I'll bide my time with it - appreciate the thoughts.
Have you tried Vital?

Is there no offer for 32C? I suggest you check that one. This deal also great you can upgrade it anytime another special sale come up. But 32C is the way to go.

Honestly, it's not worth the hassle.

I've tried using it at as a DAW and it didn't cut it. Then I've tried using it just to mixdown stems and it was very disruptive in terms of workflow.

There's nothing you can achieve in Mixbus that you can't achieve in any of the major DAWs out there, in my opinion.

Just my two cents.

I would prefer if they would offer mixbus as plugin for other DAWs. I really liked how it sounds but their DAW is buggy and clunky.
resistance is futile. Check my latest mix: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=532758

I would prefer if they offered you a sharp ice pick so you could end it all before putting yourself through the pain and frustration of trying to use it.

The plugin idea has been mentioned many times before, may or may not be a good thing. I think the main problem is that it basically comes from the Linux world, based on Ardour, and with all of the issues that come with the Linux 'mindset and the 'Linux way', and then trying to port that mess over. After my 3 or 4 years with Linux way back, and being sucked in to the 'Linux world' and the 'Linux way', I promised myself never to go back once I got out, what a waste of time, you are essentially making things much harder for yourself, causing yourself far more problems than necessary, leaving yourself open to less choices in quality hardware and software etc etc, not being able to use whatever you choose, basically putting yourself at a disadvantage, never again. The promises never come true, everything moves at such a glacial pace, next year is always going to be 'The Year Of Linux', and never is, and never will be. For surfing the web, email and basic computing stuff it's fine if you like that type of thing, but for most specialty type things it's just not going to happen with the ease and choice and options available to you under Windows, you would be just limiting yourself and your options. (Yes there are a few exceptions, but basically it is still a step back, a big step back) That's just my opinion from my experience anyway.

"The Cake Is a Lie"
Say NO to CLAP!

jinotsuh wrote:I would prefer if they offered you a sharp ice pick so you could end it all before putting yourself through the pain and frustration of trying to use it.
:lol:
No auto tune...

You guys hammered Mixbus. I don't know much about it at all, but they really do have some nice deals going on right now!!!!!!

It deserves a good hammering, almost as much as SONAR/Cakewalk/CbB.

Try it out, try using it as a fully fledged DAW, ie, a project from start to finish, with all your normal VST/VSTi's, then report back . . . I think you'll get the idea :D
Say NO to CLAP!

kb420 wrote:You guys hammered Mixbus. I don't know much about it at all, but they really do have some nice deals going on right now!!!!!!
It's not about the money Senor...it's about the application...

Some "nice deals" just means that you get your frustrations for less coin...

When you are getting paid for productivity,you need an efficient,proven workflow :wink:
No auto tune...

jinotsuh wrote:It deserves a good hammering, almost as much as SONAR/Cakewalk/CbB.

Try it out, try using it as a fully fledged DAW, ie, a project from start to finish, with all your normal VST/VSTi's, then report back . . . I think you'll get the idea :D
Nooooooooooooo fully fledged DAW No! universe has blessed me with the likes of Studio One, Bitwig, Logic, live e.t.c but for mixing mixbus is great.

My mother used to do her mixing in an old Kenwood...

I'm not sure what version it was,but it never got an update and she always made pretty good cakes :wink:
No auto tune...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”