Mixbus32C is a full-featured Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) with "True Analog Mixing": a combination of Harrison's world-renowned sound and features in an affordable, knob-per-function interface. Mixbus provides professional-level features to import or record an unlimited number of audio tracks to your computer, edit them, and mix them together. You can use Mixbus to record your band, mix a record, make a podcast, or edit the audio for your video.
What is different about Mixbus32C?:
- Mixbus32C sounds better. Other DAW mixers are designed by companies with experience in computer sound, but no pedigree in world-class recording facilities. The Mixbus mixer is designed by Harrison, the maker of consoles used in the world's most demanding music, film, and live performance facilities. Harrison consoles are known for their great-sounding EQ, filters, dynamics, and bus summing. If you find a music recording from the golden age of albums that has stood the test of time, it is likely that a Harrison console was used during the production. With the Harrison sound and a logical knob-per-function mixer interface, Mixbus invites you to produce recordings that will stand with the best.
- Mixbus32C is open. Mixbus is largely open-source and is the collaborative effort of a worldwide team including musicians, programmers, and professional recording engineers. Many workstations provide "open" control or plugin protocols... Mixbus goes far beyond that. Like a good piece of vintage hardware, you can open the box and look inside. This transparency encourages Mixbus development to happen with integrity. We spend our time on the issues that users want and need; not just items that look good in an advertisement. In the crazy world of DAW software, it is nice to know that a sane option exists for your business or personal use.
- Mixbus32C is ultra-compatible. Mixbus now works on all 3 popular desktop operating systems, and uses industry-standard I/O and plugin formats. You can collaborate with anyone, regardless of which platform they use.
- Straightforward "knob per function" mixer layout based on Harrison's renowned 32-series and MR-series music consoles.
- DSP based on Harrison's world-renowned analog and digital mixing console experience.
- Precision algorithms for EQ, Filter, Compression, Analog Tape Saturation, and Summing.
- Unlimited stereo or mono input channels, each with unlimited plugins, sends, and hardware inserts. (limited only by CPU speed).
- Phase, Input trim, High-pass Filter, Sweepable 3-band EQ, Compression, and 8 Mix Bus sends on every track.
- 12 Stereo Mix Buses featuring Tone controls, Compression, Sidechaining, and Analog Tape Saturation.
- Stereo Master Bus that features Tone controls, Analog Tape Saturation, K-meter, Stereo Correlation Meter, and Limiter.
- Automatic plugin delay compensation to support effects such as parallel compression without time misalignment.
- Comprehensive "at-a-glance" metering with peak, peak hold, and compressor gain reduction visible on every track and bus.
- Extensive DAW features via the Ardour Digital Audio Workstation, refined by Harrison engineers to be smooth and stable.