The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
5%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
14%
Metal (various sub genres)
9%
EDM (various sub genres)
14%
80s (various genres)
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
30%

Total votes: 174

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Another one from "Sins Of The Father"

Sins And Sanctuary

What are my crimes
I need to know
If I am to die
Who'll cast the stone
Even the wicked
Gets a reprieve
Sins and sanctuary

Who is to say
If I've done wrong
Where does it say that
I must be gone
Even the wicked
Gets a reprieve
Sins and sanctuary

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... the-father

From my CD "Amp It Up"

Deadbolt

Lock the door and throw away the key
Make believe you never heard of me
Broke my heart boy that is what you did
Now of you at last I will be rid
There's just one last thing to do

Go and throw the deadbolt
Permanently
You're dead to me
Why can't you see
I'm free

Did you think I'd let it just go on
After all the love we had was gone
Using me just like a worn out rag
Self abuse is not my chosen bag
So there's just one thing to do

Repeat Chorus 2x

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... /amp-it-up

Another one from "No Signal"

Dangerous Curves

Out of my way I'm coming through
To take this world like a bull in a China shop
The sky is green the sky is blue
But when I'm done the whole damn world will drop

I'm coming with my dangerous curves
Hold onto your skin
Dangerous curves
Ah ah ah

Dangerous curves
Take one on your chin
Coming at you
With my dangerous curves

Enjoy the ride the fun's begun
Popping a wheelie and rev up my engine now
I'll take you to the mountain top
And when I'm done the whole damn world will drop

Repeat Chorus

I know you'll have the time of your life
Jump on my back seat and rev up my engine now
I'll take you to the mountain top
And when I'm done the whole damn world will drop

Repeat Chorus

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... /no-signal

Another one from "Once Upon A Time"

Dragons And Dreams

Dragons and dreams
Are the things that I know
But it seems like they've left me so long ago

Dragons and dreams
Are the things that I fear
Yet I long to have them always near

He would slay one just for me
Until my dreams would come to be

Dragons and dreams
Are the things that I crave
Til my prince comes for my heart to save

(Ad lib vocals)

He would slay one just for me
Until my dreams would come to be

Dragons and dreams
Are the things that I crave
Til my prince comes for my heart to save

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... pon-a-time

dragons and dreams
id actually like to hear this sung by the guy from mercury rev
even before hearing it, the lyrics jumped out at me, they'd fit perfect over spiders and flies :o

vurt wrote:dragons and dreams
id actually like to hear this sung by the guy from mercury rev
even before hearing it, the lyrics jumped out at me, they'd fit perfect over spiders and flies :o
If I knew him personally, I'd ask him. lol

i love mercury rev. so that was a compliment, just so you know :)

vurt wrote:i love mercury rev. so that was a compliment, just so you know :)
Oh I know. I've been told that my voice is similar to his. I kind of hear it back when I could sing fairly well, but not these days.

wagtunes,
Thank you for the review! Now your song "Dragons & Dreams": not every day you hear a song with a waltz beat (at least part of the time) around here. The orchestral sounds sound pretty real. All of the melodies (including vocals) are pleasant. The artificial high pitch vocals give the song a "children's song vibe", which may or may not be your goal. I would be curious what sort of vibe a good real female singer could put on the song. Nice song.
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

aaron aardvark wrote:wagtunes,
Thank you for the review! Now your song "Dragons & Dreams": not every day you hear a song with a waltz beat (at least part of the time) around here. The orchestral sounds sound pretty real. All of the melodies (including vocals) are pleasant. The artificial high pitch vocals give the song a "children's song vibe", which may or may not be your goal. I would be curious what sort of vibe a good real female singer could put on the song. Nice song.
Thanks for the listen Aaron. Don't get a lot of them. lol

I want to hear donkey tugger cover Dragons and Dreams....I assume that dragon here refers to heroin, i.e., chasing the dragon, no?

ghettosynth wrote:I want to hear donkey tugger cover Dragons and Dreams....I assume that dragon here refers to heroin, i.e., chasing the dragon, no?
No, actually the song is from my Broadway styled CD "Once Upon A Time" which is about a princess who comes to New York City looking for her prince who she lost touch with many years before. The song is essentially her desires to go back to the life that she had with him but until then, her thoughts of dragons and dreams are all she has to keep her company.

The CD is probably one of my best concepts. Well, to me anyway considering that I have no talent and suck at everything. So relatively speaking that is.

wagtunes wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:I want to hear donkey tugger cover Dragons and Dreams....I assume that dragon here refers to heroin, i.e., chasing the dragon, no?
No, actually the song is from my Broadway styled CD "Once Upon A Time" which is about a princess who comes to New York City looking for her prince who she lost touch with many years before. The song is essentially her desires to go back to the life that she had with him but until then, her thoughts of dragons and dreams are all she has to keep her company.

The CD is probably one of my best concepts. Well, to me anyway considering that I have no talent and suck at everything. So relatively speaking that is.
Yeah, but, it works just as well, better I think, as a heroin reference. It's all in the delivery. donkey tugger is the closest thing we have to a resident Lou Reed. And coming to New York? That's even better! Isn't New York the heroin capital of the world. What else would our lonely, wait for it, heroine, have to keep her company in New York, but, wait for it, heroin?

ghettosynth wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

Yeah, but, it works just as well, better I think, as a heroin reference. It's all in the delivery. donkey tugger is the closest thing we have to a resident Lou Reed. And coming to New York? That's even better! Isn't New York the heroin capital of the world. What else would our lonely, wait for it, heroine, have to keep her company in New York, but, wait for it, heroin?
Sure, let's turn a kid's fairy tale into a drug induced hallucination.

Works for me.

you heard of "alice"? ;)

Return to “Music Cafe”