Sononym sample management/browser

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sononym

https://www.sononym.net

Just trying this now, positive first experiences. Anyone else ?
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Very cool and innovative software IMO. :tu:

I tested it during this weekend and found a lot of samples on my HDD's that I had forgotten about.

Sononym seems to be for samples what synonyms are for words. Very fast search and a very useful tool for browsing large libraries of samples and finding similar sounding ones. Simply a great piece of software for what it does. :clap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfKin1n_YaA

Wow. This is actually seriously cool.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

works ok for large libraries? (like 100.000 files..)

It's from the developers of renoise
Buy sononym , so the will earn enough money and get back to coding a new renoise update.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Trying it know.. it's a lot better than I thought it would be!
This should beintegrated into DAWs.

Edit: Damn.. This is awesome. I'm discovering old samples and loops I made and forgotten about hidden long down directories. :)

Hey guys,
I'm involved with Sononym so reading this with great interest!
cnt wrote:works ok for large libraries? (like 100.000 files..)
100K samples will work just fine - and if can afford to put your sample collection on SSD, upwards to 500K samples per library. But then you're pushing it :wink:
Basically, if you have a LOT of samples, I would recommend that these samples are "strategically" divided into multiple libraries.
We are of course looking into ways that this particular aspect of the software can be improved.

danoise wrote:Hey guys,
I'm involved with Sononym so reading this with great interest!
cnt wrote:works ok for large libraries? (like 100.000 files..)
100K samples will work just fine - and if can afford to put your sample collection on SSD, upwards to 500K samples per library. But then you're pushing it :wink:
Basically, if you have a LOT of samples, I would recommend that these samples are "strategically" divided into multiple libraries.
We are of course looking into ways that this particular aspect of the software can be improved.
Tried it on 227K samples.. database is on SSD but samples on ordinary HDD. Took a day to scan, but works really good. No crashes and things like that. :)

The detection is quite nice, but will machine learning allow for even better analysis?
I noticed that when Sononym detects a loop, it doesn't categorize that loop into anything else. It can be drum-, lead-, fx-, bass-loop, guitarloop.

Works nice with Cubase with audio tracks. Didn't try it with Sampler track yet.

Did you talk to any DAW developers about this? It is much more user friendly and interface than Cubases MediaBay (which never really worked that good when you have more than 20k files).

> I noticed that when Sononym detects a loop, it doesn't categorize that loop into anything else.

Yes, that's right - as things are now, a sample can be classified in four different ways:

* Loop
* Oneshot
* Loop/Oneshot
* Oneshot/Loop

When a sample is considered to be both a loop and/or oneshot, the first one is considered most important (the primary prediction). But when a sample does not classify as a one-shot at all, Sononym currently does not display any categories for it.
We're looking into segmenting loops (transient detection) in order to come up with more intelligent predictions, as well as other approaches to make them more discoverable.

gentleclockdivider wrote:It's from the developers of renoise
Buy sononym , so the will earn enough money and get back to coding a new renoise update.
There is no indication one way or another that this will be the case, Renoise is as far as we are all aware, finished, finished as in complete, not finished as in over, I am pretty sure at this point that Renoise will only ever get updates so that it continues to work in Mac-OS, Windows and Linux builds are unlikely to do need updating for OS updates.
Duh

Probably gonna pull trigger on this

One thing id love is a random shuffle mode on sample results list so u get something new everytime

> One thing id love is a random shuffle mode on sample results list

There's a weighted random select action (with shortcut) if you want to pick samples by throwing dice :)

It's "weighted" in the sense that when you're sorting by category or doing a similarity search, the topmost results are the most interesting/relevant so these results will be given priority.

thanks ill try that

maybe a bit cheeky but a discount for renoise users would be a sweetener

> maybe a bit cheeky but

Not at all- as a Renoise forum regular, I thought the same and created a poll to gauge the interest.

http://forum.renoise.com/index.php/topi ... /?p=371769

cheers

done

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”