|Type / Tags||Sample BrowserAudio Analysis ToolAudio BrowserBPM DetectionPitch DetectionSample DatabaseSample Library ManagerSample ManagerSimilarity SearchUtility|
|Utility||Stand-alone utility / application|
Windows 7, 8 or newer (64-bit), 4GB Ram
OS X 10.9 or newer, 4GB Ram
Debian, Ubuntu 14+ or similar (64-bit), 4GB Ram
|Copy Protection||Serial Number|
Serious about using samples for music production or sound design?.
Sononym represents an innovative approach to sample browsing, using machine learning and audio feature extraction to make personal sample collections searchable and discoverable.
The primary innovation in Sononym is called "Similarity Search", a special search mode which accepts any sound as the input, and finds relevant sounds throughout your sample collection. Using this approach, it's even possible to connect a synth, guitar or microphone to locate samples by recording new sounds on-the-fly.
In addition to this, the software offers many other features that you would expect from a sample browser, such as fully searchable and sortable file/results views and a modern, streamlined user interface.
The most important features at a glance:
- Works with your own files: recordings, soundware collections, any source.
- Cross-platform: Sononym is available for Windows, Linux and OS X.
- Deep audio analysis: extracts pitch, tempo, brightness etc.
- Self-organizing content: Automatically groups samples into relevant categories, such as loops and oneshots, kicks or snares.
- Similarity Search: a powerful way to discover variations of any sound.
- Live recording: quickly find samples based on any input you provide.
- Integrated bookmarking and export: don't lose the flow while browsing.
- Random Preview: avoid listening to the same few samples over and over.
The software is available for a fixed base price of 89 EUR, including VAT, or 99 USD for customers in the United States. A fully functional 30-day trial version can be downloaded from our website.