What is MXXX exactly ?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think I found the right question to help in better defining what MXXX actually does. Which is still not clear to me.

I have a certain number of Melda plugins. What are the possibilities that MXXXCore could add ?

Cheers.

It lets you use the plugins together and control multiple parameters at once. You can do things like parallel processing, multiband splits, etc easily without using tons of tracks in your DAW. Just being able to control multiple fx with a single parameter is really useful.

Also you can set up feedback loops and much more, which is where the fun really begins for me. And the number of maximum modulatotors is 16 for one instance, then MXXX can host other instances of MXXX each of which can use 16 independent modulators should you somehow not find 16 enough...

Imagine you have some effect plugins opened up inside MXXX.
Now you want to use an envelope follower or a simple LFO to modulate the dry / wet of all these effects.
You can now use one envelope follower to modulate all of the effects inside mxxx and more.
That maybe doesn't sound like much but it's a big deal.

It's a bit hard to explain, but MXXX opens new doors. It took me months to appreciate it, I went with the TotalFx bundle from start and then just used stand alone plugins.

Maybe you buy it, and then you won't use it for a while until you see for what specific reasons you can need it.

I really enjoy creating multiple effects, and controlling all these effects with few multiparameters.
You can build your own "little" effect plugins inside MXXX. But then again, I have all of the melda effects, so it's extremely versatile.

And of course, it's all about the music you want to create. For sound design stuff it's phenomenal. For more specific use, you'll need a lot of knowledge I guess.

is there a demo version of MXXX? Get it and try...

Thanks for the replies. When I discovered the Melda plugins I downloaded a bunch of demos but then only went on with a few of them in more details. Now the demo time has expired and I'm not that found of the noise stuff :?

Although I haven't installed MXXXCore I think. So if there's a demo, I will give it a try.

If I understood correctly MXXXCore will provide the exact same MXXX functionality you are describing here but it will be limited to the FXs I actually own and that would be the only restriction.

Cheers.

Meta-inception, and rifts in the time-space continuum aside, while the details might be quite complex, I think the concept is simple. MXXX is a modular toolkit that allows you to build your own plugins.

Annabanna wrote:MXXX is a modular toolkit that allows you to build your own plugins.
That's a very good explanation ;).
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

... Will MXXXCore provide the exact same thing as MXXX with the only restriction that I will be able to create my own plugins using the Melda plugins I already have ?

And will adapt to new Melda plugins I shall get in the future ?

(Sorry to sound perhaps redundant, just want to be certain :? )

Cheers.

Sure, MXXXCore is just a different licence model, which lets you use only some "submodules" (or "subplugins").
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Last question. I promise. :wink:

With MXXXCore, can it be possible to add an envelope follower shaping MVibrato ? In other words, is it possible to blend the envelope follower feature found in other plugins (and perhaps part of the core of MXXXCore) with the MVibrato ?

Also, when, such as in 12.04, updates are made to MXXX, are they found at the same in MXXXCore without mentioning it in the changes list ?

I guess that was two questions then.

Cheers.

I'm not sure how to understand. MXXXCore has full modulators with all the features, if you have MVibratoMB licence (or any bundle), you will be able to open Vibrato module in it and do whatever you need to do using the modulators and other features.

As for the list of changes, yes, MXXX and MXXXCore are essentially the same. If you own all plugins and MXXXCore, then these would be exactly the same ;).
Vojtech

So I got MXXXCore. I must say, I'm totally sold. This is great. I didn't knew the Melda plugins I have could do so much :) MXXXCore seems to bring an insider's view into using Melda plugins.

Great 'meta' product.

Cheers.

:love:
Vojtech

It's a bit strange. When I play sounds on any synth now, or acoustic guitar, I tend to imagine putting MXXXCore on the audio path with a bit of this and a bit of that, and a little bit of that, like some kind of spontaneous creative reflex. As if it was also an instrument 8)

But then, there's a catch. None of the activated free plugins can be used with MXXXCore. :(

Hehe :love:

You know, the free plugins would enable half of it and they cost nothing. Plus imagine people who bought MCreativeFXBundle for the multiband stuff and they would all spit fire, because there's now MXXXCore and they could just use the MFreeFXBundle licence... cheaper and better... These are the questions we need to deal with... Nothing is as simple as it may seem ;)
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”