Omnisphere 3 Wishlist

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1 Omnisphere 2

A pitabyte library!
Jesus said to him: Thomas, because thou have seen me, you have believed, but blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed!

Triune Trinity wrote:A pitabyte library!
A library that comes as a kebab?

I really would like to have ARP control per layer and full MPE support (I saw Eric mentioning it though in a Facebook group that MPE support is being developed). Those 2 things would make my day/month/year/decade I think :D

Ya dont eff'n need any more features. Omnisphere 2 is more than enough.

I look at the world and see people unnecessarily dissatisfied with everything in their daily life. THey dont appreciate what they have because they fail to see it's true value. What results is unhappiness. Only when you appreciate what you have can you find happiness.

I know it would overlap their Stylus product, but I do wish Omni had rhythm and beat patches. There are such innovative sounds in O2 already, it would be great to pair them with some really innovative beats. It doesn't have to be exhaustive, but a nice selection of styles would be nice.

I would also like to see O3 build on its innovative collection of VOX patches. A couple of their female vox offerings are already my go-to, but it would be nice to have them step it up a notch.

I'm not a programmer, just a tweaker. So I really don't know what I'm talking about regarding most of the tech features. But I do know what sounds good, and Omnisphere really is the instrument to beat when it comes to sound, IMHO.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Kinh wrote:Ya dont eff'n need any more features. Omnisphere 2 is more than enough.

I look at the world and see people unnecessarily dissatisfied with everything in their daily life. THey dont appreciate what they have because they fail to see it's true value. What results is unhappiness. Only when you appreciate what you have can you find happiness.
...but... that would mean the end of KVR!!

Perhaps I shouldn't presume or generalise, but I'd say most Omnisphere OWNERS are a pretty happy bunch, at least with their synth (personal lives, a bit much to extrapolate perhaps). I know I am. While shiny new features might be great and I'd be EVEN happier, its purely the one area that causes me a chilly blast of unhappiness that I'd like to see addressed, the jumble-o-tags. Not so much demanding a new feature, as making a basic workflow thing work properly.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Kinh wrote:Ya dont eff'n need any more features. Omnisphere 2 is more than enough.

Well, I'm still enjoying Omnisphere v1 as much as I did 8 years ago. Unlike you, I see it's true value and I appreciate what I have.

Now! Let's get to the real root of your unhappiness

i will not rest till omnisphere has cup holders!
beware my wrath! grrrrr

In the 'unlikely to be granted' requests category: Updated Atmosphere with just pads and strings for 300 dollars.

VitaminD wrote:In the 'unlikely to be granted' requests category: Updated Atmosphere with just pads and strings for 300 dollars.
...and available for the Atari ST.
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

1. multisamples and import/export of common formats for those

2. open up the architecture so that every part of the synth (oscilator waveforms,
samples, filters, fx, arp) can be routed per voice to external hw, vst or daw track and back in
and also external audio can be fed in the signal chain paths start (in lieu of
samples or waveforms)

3. license the granite granular engine

4. add an engine for automatic divisi within single patches or across patches/timbres
of a multi

5. compiler/recorder mode where very complex/computationaly expensive patches
or multis can be internally sampled across notes and intensities and played back
by the multisample engine (or external player)

cfanyc wrote:1. multisamples and import/export of common formats for those

2. open up the architecture so that every part of the synth (oscilator waveforms,
samples, filters, fx, arp) can be routed per voice to external hw, vst or daw track and back in
samples or waveforms)

4. add an engine for automatic divisi within single patches or across patches/timbres
of a multi

or multis can be internally sampled across notes and intensities and played back
Wow. That's some mission creep right there.

1. Well, I guess its a common request, but a) I doubt it will happen and b) I personally don't care. So many people seem to want Omni to be Kontakt, and I just don't. It's a synth, I don't want it to be a sampler too.

2. No. This will be getting further and further from how Omni works. Omni isn't Eurorack.

3. Erm....

4. Erm squared... what on earth does divisi have to do with a synth?! Each note to its own layer or something?

5. Oh good lord.

I think - and indeed hope - that Spectrasonics will never go down this road. It's a musical instrument, musician-focused. I don't want it to be Kontakt or Reaktor.
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote:

samples or waveforms)

of a multi

Wow. That's some mission creep right there.

1. Well, I guess its a common request, but a) I doubt it will happen and b) I personally don't care. So many people seem to want Omni to be Kontakt, and I just don't. It's a synth, I don't want it to be a sampler too.

2. No. This will be getting further and further from how Omni works. Omni isn't Eurorack.

3. Erm....

4. Erm squared... what on earth does divisi have to do with a synth?! Each note to its own layer or something?

5. Oh good lord.

I think - and indeed hope - that Spectrasonics will never go down this road. It's a musical instrument, musician-focused. I don't want it to be Kontakt or Reaktor.
Is your wishlist, that you do not need my wishlist?

get over yourself....

samples or waveforms)

of a multi

umm yeah... you forgot the progression finder, arrangement engine and automatic mastering. Oh, and it should do my laundry and cook tasty meals too...
The hole is deeper than the hum of its farts

7. Better rhythmic engine as part of STEAM. Contains all drum machines, known and unknown, that can all be patched internally and externally and further rewired using JUCE.

8. A DAW. Any part can be routed to the internal DAW and then re-routed out to any 3rd party DAW of your choice via hardware breakpoints.

9. A host for any other VST, AU or AAX plugin, on a sample-by-sample basis. Each sandboxed to its own process and fed in real time through deep modelling to any linux kernel. Twice.

10. Add 12 new engines for multitimbral adaptive cores, phase linked to AI-compilers with maximum polyphony. Use the machine learning to connect to other instances of Omni via VPN or peer-to-peer encryption. Harvest, then rest, complete.

11. Real FM. Or any digital radio station.

12. Increase resolution of audio engine to 2048 bits, along with the expected reduction in CPU use. And another DAW, this one granular.
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Return to “Instruments”