Will Dark Zebra get the dot8 skin?

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Looking forward to the new update/skin, looking great. Hopefully it won’t be too long now :tu:

So how is it coming along ? :D

Elektronisch wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:02 am So how is it coming along ? :D
Nicely. We're down to a handful of ToDos.

noice! Excited! also Zebra HZ being vector based means you will be able to resize it like Serum just by draging?

Elektronisch wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:15 am noice! Excited! also Zebra HZ being vector based means you will be able to resize it like Serum just by draging?
Nope, we stick to our 10% steps.

AFAIK only the module backgrounds are vector based. Knobs and the global colour layout are still bitmaps.

Ah ok, was actually looking forward seeing GUI being resizable by dragging :)

Nevertheless cant wait for it! :)

Great Expectations!

Elektronisch wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:22 pm Ah ok, was actually looking forward seeing GUI being resizable by dragging :)

As long as the GUI is resizable in increments that make it look good on my various screens, I'm hapy. That's already the case with the U-he plugins. Do I like being able to click and drag the size? Sure. But 10% increments work for me too. If you think about the problem: getting plugins to display at a good size at various screen resolutions and sizes, then the U-he plugins already do a good job in terms of the solution IMO.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:58 pm
Elektronisch wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:22 pm Ah ok, was actually looking forward seeing GUI being resizable by dragging :)

As long as the GUI is resizable in increments that make it look good on my various screens, I'm hapy. That's already the case with the U-he plugins. Do I like being able to click and drag the size? Sure. But 10% increments work for me too. If you think about the problem: getting plugins to display at a good size at various screen resolutions and sizes, then the U-he plugins already do a good job in terms of the solution IMO.
AND NO ONE IS SAYING ANYTHING BAD ABOUT IT :)

Elektronisch wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:06 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:58 pm

AND NO ONE IS SAYING ANYTHING BAD ABOUT IT :)
Sorry, didn't mean to make it sound like anyone was. I was just kind of saying, "current process works - click and drag would probably be a bit of overkill IMO." Back to the regularly scheduled discussion. Looking forward to this update!

This can’t come soon enough for me...

FWIW I've had issues with many plugins that have freely scalable GUIs; often times flickering or going completely blank. Also, they tend to not remember and recall the last size you left them in. That's just my experience from the ones I've used...

Urs wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:56 am
Those handful of todos must be nearly done by now?

RobGee wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:27 pm
Due to the new preset browser, the link to the Zebra2 presets which the installer automatically creates needs to be a symbolic link now, not a shortcut on Windows. This has led to enormous grief, heated arguments, refactorings, various meetings, binding weeks of manpower on a simple issue, I kid you not. Even our internal platform-based string handling is under scrutiny because of it.

If this issue is not resolved by tonight, the automatic link will disappear from the installer and become a small entry in the user manual, "how to link to Zebra2 presets from ZebraHZ". Only, our support team is very afraid of extra work, once it's not automatic anymore.

Urs wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:36 pm
RobGee wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:27 pm
Due to the new preset browser, the link to the Zebra2 presets which the installer automatically creates needs to be a symbolic link now, not a shortcut on Windows. This has led to enormous grief, heated arguments, refactorings, various meetings, binding weeks of manpower on a simple issue, I kid you not. Even our internal platform-based string handling is under scrutiny because of it.

If this issue is not resolved by tonight, the automatic link will disappear from the installer and become a small entry in the user manual, "how to link to Zebra2 presets from ZebraHZ". Only, our support team is very afraid of extra work, once it's not automatic anymore.
I'd never even heard of symbolic links until a few weeks ago when this started coming up on the forum. Still don't know what they are. Figured I'd ignore it entirely until I was forced to because of Dark Zebra. Don't blame the support team for not wanting to deal with it honestly.

Return to “u-he”