Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thank You :)
Fixed FX for me :D

Awesome update! Thanks

Hi All,

Sorry if this has been addressed in the thread (I did a search but didn't find an answer), but I'm having a hard time installing this. I'm on a Mac (High Sierra), and I don't have the "Themes" folder that the manual suggests:

MacHD/Library/Application Support/u-he/Themes/

I tried making that folder and placing the "Redux" folder in there, restarting Zebra2, and it's still not finding it... I should note that I'm using the 2.8 beta, which I bought recently, so 2.8 is the first version of Zebra2 I've had on my computer.

Any help would be great.

B

I'm not on Mac, but maybe it should be MacHD/Library/Application Support/u-he/Zebra2/Themes?
On Windows, the user Theme folder also contains official "DarkEight" and "Unempty Dark Horse" skins. If the same is true for Macs maybe you can do a system wide search for these names to find the correct location for Redux?

drzhnn wrote:I'm not on Mac, but maybe it should be MacHD/Library/Application Support/u-he/Zebra2/Themes?
On Mac, there is only one Themes folder for all plugins, and it's located here:
MacHD/Library/Application Support/u-he/Themes
That QA guy from planet u-he.

So wouldn't it then be: /Themes/Zebra2/<theme folder>?

Ahhh, I figured this out thanks all!
I was looking in the wrong Library folder... sigh.

UmFuFu wrote:Ahhh, I figured this out thanks all!
Ah, you probably had looked in the user library folder at first, instead of the system library location. Glad you figured it out. :tu:
EvilDragon wrote:So wouldn't it then be: /Themes/Zebra2/<theme folder>?
Nope, just /Themes/<theme folder>.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

tasmaniandevil wrote:
UmFuFu wrote:Ahhh, I figured this out thanks all!
Ah, you probably had looked in the user library folder at first, instead of the system library location. Glad you figured it out. :tu:

Yes exactly... Feeling pretty smart right about now.

Hey guys, a small update. Now Zebrify also supports 2.8 features (new modules and preset browser). Grab it here

Really great skin and random button is what was really missing in Zebra for me!

I have 2 questions, though...
Is there a way to make selected block more prominent? It is really hard to tell which one is selected..
And what is that red number on top? Doesn't look like the number of voices..

Also hope to see randomizer in Zebrify as well :)

Red number is a CPU load :)

Hey guys, I have a new Redux for ZebraHZ.

The theme was heavily redesigned in most parts and the workflow has changed as well (for the better, I hope). It is still work in progress, but this version now includes all new features of the latest ZHZ update (8 MSEGS, 24 ModMatrix slots etc.).

Download: ZebraHZ Redux 2018-1111-1725

Screenshots:

SYNTH tab:

EFFECTS rack:

Performance tab:

OSCS tab:

MSEGS tab:

I've been checking in here just to see when this got updated because I miss it, even though I love the new u-he skin too. I'm still thinking about the new layout. Most of it seems great. It always takes a minute to get used to a new approach, so I'll wait until I've used it awhile before commenting on the changes. My first concern is the way you've segmented envelopes and lfo's over in the modulators section. It's pretty easy to see what I want to in the synth generator column because you can just click on the kind of generator you want to see in the matrix and those are all highlighted. This isn't as easy with the modulators, though. For instance, when I move a vibrato knob for one of the oscillators, lfo 1 isn't highlighted or even visible. I think I have a tendency to organize the modules in that section as I go so that I can keep track of the ones I use the most. I'm not sure I'm wild about having them hidden. It would be different if I could select more than one heading, like Envelopes AND LFO's or something like that. Anyway, let me see how it goes in practice. I guess my favorite thing about this skin is the fact that I can see so much at once without tabbing around. I appreciate your desire to organize all these modules, but if it means losing the ability to quickly take inventory when I call up a preset, I'm not sure I like that trade.

However, I didn't really get very far because the skin is currently unusable because there's no way to assign anything in the mod matrix source or via columns. I can change the depth, but that's it. Right click has no affect. This is also the case when trying to select a modulator for send 1 and send 2 in the effects section. I'm guessing these two things are actually the same bug and probably also crop up in other places.

Also, it seems that there's no way to reorganize the different modules by clicking between them.

As always, thank you so much for doing this, drzhnn! I'm looking forward to seeing how this progresses.

Thanks a lot for such detailed comment, scoplunk! Really looking forward to more like this.

The story behind this update goes like this: I was using the old Redux at 120% zoom all the time and decided that it's time to make everything bigger by default (to avoid visual artifacts caused by zooming). Half way through the process of making the new version, I noticed that new interface started to feel somewhat heavier. Turned out this was caused by animation effects (modules sliding in the racks, opening of subpanels, metering) and editor windows - with larger GUI their impact on CPU got higher. Trying to fix that, I implemented module "filtering". It worked, and also fixed a long-standing issue with Effects rack showing things that are not supposed to be shown. But it caused a new issue which you pointed out - it's hard to tell what modulation is used in the current patch, since modulators are "filtered" as well. Technically, it's possible to bring back things how they were before and put all modulators in one rack, even including the new MSEGs. The problem is - there are so many of them, you won't see them all at once anyway, cause you'll need to scroll through, and also LFOs have phase metering animation which I like, and MSEGs and MMaps have active editors - all this will lead to slow and heavy interface and scrolling will be painful. So it's a trade off. Some modules have to be filtered out. But there's a room for improvement :)
scoplunk wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:09 am However, I didn't really get very far because the skin is currently unusable because there's no way to assign anything in the mod matrix source or via columns.
Mod matrix source and via menus are combined with modulation depth sliders. To get to the sources menu you need to click on the right side of the field. There are small dark triangles which supposed to indicate that :) I will probably go back to normal knobs there, because sliders don't seem to work with modulators rack filtering thingy.
scoplunk wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:09 am Also, it seems that there's no way to reorganize the different modules by clicking between them.
I intentionally turned this feature off. Because of animation. And also many modules have active elements in the lower and upper parts (menus, buttons, tabs) - easy to misclick.

Return to “u-he”