Pro tools 12 -Blue Cat - Instachord Vst - triggering Kontakt VST - Record midi output of Kontakt?

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I am looking for a way to record the midi output of Kontakt that is being triggered by the VST "instachord"

I'm currently working in Pro Tools and I have Blue cat synth inserted on an instrument track.

Inside blue cat, I have the VST instachord loaded, I right click the instachord box to set its midi output to go to "port a"

Then i loaded an instance of kontakt next, and set its midi input as "port a, channel 1" and remove the midi input that is checked "host"

Then i set the Kontakt midi output to "all channels"

Inside pro tools i make a separate midi track to receive the midi output of "patchwork synth out" all channels.

I record arm both tracks, yet the only thing that is recorded is the midi from my midi keyboard (1 note, which is triggering instachord) when i want to record the midi output of kontakt (which should give me a full chord coming from the instachord vst)

Any ideas of what i am doing wrong here?

I guess what you want to record is the MIDI output of the instachord plug-in which contains all chords notes, right? (Kontakt is just the player and does not modify incoming MIDI events, does it?).

In this case, before recording to another track like you tried, you simply need to add "Host" to the list of MIDI outputs used by the instachord plug-in. It will send to the host all the events created by instachord, so you will be able to record them in Pro Tools.

By the way please avoid cross-posting on multiple platforms, it just makes it more difficult to answer :-).

Blue Cat Audio wrote:I guess what you want to record is the MIDI output of the instachord plug-in which contains all chords notes, right? (Kontakt is just the player and does not modify incoming MIDI events, does it?).

In this case, before recording to another track like you tried, you simply need to add "Host" to the list of MIDI outputs used by the instachord plug-in. It will send to the host all the events created by instachord, so you will be able to record them in Pro Tools.

By the way please avoid cross-posting on multiple platforms, it just makes it more difficult to answer :-).

Thank you very much for your reply, Your suggestion worked! I am very grateful! Please forgive me for what you call "cross-platform posting" I am new to this whole forum thing, out of curiosity where should I have posted my question?

Great! Glad that it worked for you! This forum is probably the best place to get an answer as fast as possible.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”