Zebratron is live

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Black Synth Hoodie wrote:I am naming my new electronic lounge act "Pathetron"
:tu:

Is there any chance the labels imply a connection between the presets beyond just different versions?

I am probably hearing things, but thought it was worth asking. :D

Version A, B C etc....:
Zebra Tron Label1.jpg

Connection, some simliarity?
Zebra Tron Label2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

No connection, just different versions.

Thank You
Howard wrote:No connection, just different versions.

I have been trying to figure out what to use to assign Ctrl A and B with, and shopping expression controllers. Then a friend sends me this today, which I can't imagine a more perfect fit. Anyone ever use one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luoqVtI ... bf&index=2

In the mean time, is there a way to assign them to a Zebra XY pad?

dlarseninclusive wrote:In the mean time, is there a way to assign them to a Zebra XY pad?
Nothing sensible (the X/Y pads can only *receive* MIDI). Of course you could edit all the presets so that they use an X/Y pad instead of Ctrl A and Ctrl B. Shouldn't take more than a few hours to do.

For Ctrl A and Ctrl B, just use a couple of CC knobs/sliders on your MIDI keyboard.

That is exactly what I was running into scratching my head with XY, and using an iRig keys that has no encoders on it that work like that. I can switch over to the Nektar, or configure the beatstep. No aye problema. :D

This did just spark an idea to script a for each find and replace... might have to save that for another day.

Thank You
Howard wrote:
dlarseninclusive wrote:In the mean time, is there a way to assign them to a Zebra XY pad?
Nothing sensible (the X/Y pads can only *receive* MIDI). Of course you could edit all the presets so that they use an X/Y pad instead of Ctrl A and Ctrl B. Shouldn't take more than a few hours to do.

For Ctrl A and Ctrl B, just use a couple of CC knobs/sliders on your MIDI keyboard.

After dealing with CC codes for a couple of days... Bitwig is filtering CC somehow that I can't understand yet. (It is the new 2.4 stable)

The work around I settled on is using the CC control device, and MIDI leaning from the controllers. (and now I have two knobs on screen too)
Bitwig CC Device oops.jpg
The bottom line is, those 3 controls deliver as promised and that set of 100 patches, is more like 300 truth be told. :D

:tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by dlarseninclusive on Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dlarseninclusive wrote:those 3 controls deliver as promised
:hug:

BTW the labelling (assuming that's what it is) in the above image appears to be very wrong...
CC1 is MW, CC2 is BC and CC1 is XP. However, as BC and XP recently made way for "Ctrl A" and "Ctrl B", it's best to label them as such.

Snap. I was excited it worked, those were the default device labels. Here we go:
Bitwig CC Device 2.jpg
Howard wrote:
dlarseninclusive wrote:those 3 controls deliver as promised
:hug:

BTW the labelling (assuming that's what it is) in the above image appears to be very wrong...
CC1 is MW, CC2 is BC and CC1 is XP. However, as BC and XP recently made way for "Ctrl A" and "Ctrl B", it's best to label them as such.
Last edited by dlarseninclusive on Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Duplicate Post...
Last edited by dlarseninclusive on Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Duplicate Post...

dlarseninclusive wrote:I have been trying to figure out what to use to assign Ctrl A and B with, and shopping expression controllers. Then a friend sends me this today, which I can't imagine a more perfect fit. Anyone ever use one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luoqVtI ... bf&index=2

In the mean time, is there a way to assign them to a Zebra XY pad?
They just released a software only version for almost half the price! Time to see if theres a market for my normal one since I dont have plans to use it with hardware anytime soon...

It's awesome for this kind of use case you have in mind. It's not a fader replacement but for using in tandem with a keyboard and getting great expressiveness out of patches like Zebratron.

Thanks! I noticed that and it looks like a good deal.

https://www.expressivee.com/touche-se

Their site is running sloooww today.
equinoxide wrote:
They just released a software only version for almost half the price!

Howard wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:43 amFor Ctrl A and Ctrl B, just use a couple of CC knobs/sliders on your MIDI keyboard.
I'm not sure I understand this: Ctrl-A only works when it's an expression controller midi message, while Ctrl-B should be a breath controller message…

so (1) what's the point of changing the name of these controllers, since they cannot be easily redefined, and (2) how is it possible to pick a slider at random to simulate their use ?

Return to “u-he”