Shadows Without Substance

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Reminds me of my early childhood when all I knew was classical music and show tunes. Then 1964 happened. LOL.

Very nicely done.

sjm wrote:This is crying out to be in a film or have a short video to go with it. It's very evocative and should lend itself to storytelling.
Thank you for that!

I had absolutely no images or story in my head when I improvised it, but I think you're right that it could work with the right visual.

jancivil wrote:It works as absolute music for me.
That's certainly what it was when I improvised it...I was just playing!

rp314 wrote:Very enjoyable. This kind of piano piece takes me back to my younger days when I was listening to a good deal of the early ECM records and the classical works of Scriabin and Debussy.

:clap:
Thank you...always more than happy to be mentioned anywhere near Scriabin and Debussy! :0)

wagtunes wrote:Reminds me of my early childhood when all I knew was classical music and show tunes. Then 1964 happened. LOL.

Very nicely done.
Thanks, Steven...I won't enquire about what happened in '64! :0)

ChamMusic wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Reminds me of my early childhood when all I knew was classical music and show tunes. Then 1964 happened. LOL.

Very nicely done.
Thanks, Steven...I won't enquire about what happened in '64! :0)
Ed Sullivan and The Beatles.

ChamMusic wrote: I was flying by the seat of my pants on this one...the journey couldn't have been maintained much longer without turbulence and maybe an emergency landing! :0)
:hyper:
next time push through, there is beauty to be had in the bounce :D (unless of course you are in an actual plane :o )

vurt wrote:
ChamMusic wrote: I was flying by the seat of my pants on this one...the journey couldn't have been maintained much longer without turbulence and maybe an emergency landing! :0)
:hyper:
next time push through, there is beauty to be had in the bounce :D (unless of course you are in an actual plane :o )
Pushed hard through ongoing turbulence once before...ended very badly! :0)

Very good piano playing. I would have liked it to go on longer, but I read that it was improvised so that might have been difficult.
Jazz Clarinet Rocks - well sort of Swings anyway!

JazzyClarinetMan wrote:Very good piano playing. I would have liked it to go on longer, but I read that it was improvised so that might have been difficult.
I would've loved to keep going longer, but the ideas just fell away! :0)

Superb! It has an elusive quality like sunlight briefly flickering on water in a break between dark clouds.

Frantz wrote:Superb! It has an elusive quality like sunlight briefly flickering on water in a break between dark clouds.
Thank you!

A few have suggested that this should have accompanying visuals.

If I do get that sorted then your imagery is definitely going to be the starting point!

woggle wrote:and then suddenly it finished - too short! I was left wanting more :)
This! I love this. Really good. Makes me want to take piano lessons.

-u
"I guess one person can make a difference, but most of the time they probably shouldn't." -M. Simpson

Unfocused wrote:
woggle wrote:and then suddenly it finished - too short! I was left wanting more :)
This! I love this. Really good. Makes me want to take piano lessons.

-u
Thank you for taking the time to listen / comment.

Get those lessons!

Not that I ever had any!:0)

Re: SoundCloud streaming codec. It changed from 128k mp3 to 64k Opus sometime around the beginning of the year. @DirectOfficial on Twitter posted a Chrome Extension which allowed tracks to be streamed as mp3s, but it is no longer required since SoundCloud reverted to mp3 streaming within a week or two.

I enjoyed this one, Mark. It was both light and dark in the same trousers. Light, as in "not heavy", but dark in atmosphere and well suited to the title and the SoundCloud artwork which seemed to me to be an indictment of the human condition.

Great playing and a very successful improv.

Good work :)

BTW - first post on the forum since the server migration, and most things seem to be working nicely.

Return to “Music Cafe”