linux versions??

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

was wondering if theres any plans to make the blue cat audio plug-ins available for linux users?

Hi,

thanks for asking the question :). It is not in the plans right now, but I think running a host application that supports windows vst with wine should work.

In which formats would you be interested? VST? LADSPA?

We have other plans for the moment, but I can't say we won't try to support it at some point. It's a huge work though, so it needs to be compensated by strong business opportunities.

What are your thoughts on this matter now nine years later? Linux has some serious DAWs (Bitwig, Reaper, Tracktion, Harrison/Ardour)) that support VST. Your new free amp sim would be a great first attempt at Linux VST since it's free and would not necessarily need you to support it.

Unfortunately we have not had the opportunity to make progress on the Linux front. Still so much to do on other platforms...!

"Still so much to do on other platforms...!"

If their tool chain for programming isn't cross platform (Which is now much more common) it can't be done. My guess is that they see Linux as a side business that does generate enough business. Sadly they don't see how people like me always go to cross platform tools first, but that never will show up.

I am guessing they just have to compile to Linux and check if everything is fine but even then I can't think it would be worth their time. Personally I prefer to program cross platform because that usually means my programs are more robust and stable.
-------------------
Bitwig is my DAWs and UHe and Tracktion Synths are my Bae. I maybe buy one synth a year. REMEMBER SELF just one synth a year!

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”