vurt does techno? vurt da furk? (modular head bobbin!)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.viablehybrid.com/vurt/testtu ... ck%205.mp3

needs a drum machine for full effect, but hey ho, it is what it is.

vurt wrote:http://www.viablehybrid.com/vurt/testtu ... ck%205.mp3

needs a drum machine for full effect, but hey ho, it is what it is.
My one year old daughter was certainly bobbin' her head for what it's worth.

:band:
if it makes a one year old happy then i cant complain :)

vurt wrote::band:
if it makes a one year old happy then i cant complain :)
That's what music is all about my friend!

i love kids of that age too :)
everything is new to them and they seem to enjoy most things, giggling away at things we never understand.
my lad just turned 25 a week or so ago, so ill maybe soon enough be expecting the pitter patter of tiny feet as i become a granddad :o im still a child inside!!!

i still remember the early years though, tiring at the time, but when i look back, some of the best years of my life :D
till he reached about 11 - 17, not that he was a problem or anything :lol: he was a great kid, just at that age you don't see them as much as theyre off being independent :cry:

at 17 me and his mum separated, this brought me and him a lot closer and as much of a best friend as a son 8)

so thanks, you made some lovely memories come to the front of my mind :)
and thank you to your daughter, for having great musical taste :D

:o :lol:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

:o :x

I didn't laugh at you, my man! I was just imagining a tot bopping along with it!
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

:lol: no worries, wouldn't bother me if people did laugh, it's a fun piece :D

Well, just in case you are a sensitive artiste! :D
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Exterminate Exterminate Exterminate Exterminate Exterminate Exterminate Exterminate Exterminate Exterminate Exterminate Exterminate Exterminate Exterminate Exterminate Exterminate Exterminate Exterminate Exterminate Exterminate Exterminate

A Disco Dalek. I enjoyed it.
Jazz Clarinet Rocks - well sort of Swings anyway!

Bombadil wrote:Well, just in case you are a sensitive artiste! :D
:lol: i have a patch of sensitive skin on my shoulder, does that count? :hihi:

JazzyClarinetMan wrote:Exterminate Exterminate Exterminate Exterminate Exterminate Exterminate Exterminate Exterminate Exterminate Exterminate Exterminate Exterminate Exterminate Exterminate Exterminate Exterminate Exterminate Exterminate Exterminate Exterminate

A Disco Dalek. I enjoyed it.
true vurt fact : dances like a dalek.

My Feedback (On The Vurt Scale)

Weirdness Factor - 10
Noises/Sounds - 9.5
Performance - 9
Mix - 7

Overall - 8.875

Comments: Actually not much of a mix to speak of. Sounds like it was almost recorded in mono. Guessing this was a one take one finger let it run kind of thing. The rest was really pretty cool on the Vurt scale though. Were you turning the knobs in real time on this? Quite a few variations that don't sound like they could have been automated on a modular system. So I'm guessing this was a real time performance. Any patching done on the fly as well or were all cables in place from the start and stationary throughout?

wagtunes wrote:
Weirdness Factor - 10
the only factor i really care about and i get a ten :band:

Comments: Actually not much of a mix to speak of. Sounds like it was almost recorded in mono.

it would have been, but for two replika (ni) delays on wide mode providing some slight width.
Guessing this was a one take one finger let it run kind of thing.
it was a single live take yes, not sure where the finger comes in to it :o
The rest was really pretty cool on the Vurt scale though. Were you turning the knobs in real time on this? Quite a few variations that don't sound like they could have been automated on a modular system. So I'm guessing this was a real time performance. Any patching done on the fly as well or were all cables in place from the start and stationary throughout?
tbh, as mentioned in the other thread where i seem to be being insulted by someone who isn't brave enough to actually come out and insult me...
it was just a quickly patched up pair of oscillators, pair of filters and then some clever vca modulation as well as lots of lfos controlling everything.
there where performance enhancements along the way, its quite long i admit, and while some parts are very similar it does change a great deal throughout :)
but it was just to show, that with the right mindset any synth can be utilized in edm/dance music. even if there are "favourites"

there may have been a couple of cables patched along the way, but i honestly cant remember. i do do that though, so it is possible :hihi:

as always, thanks for your time 8)

Return to “Music Cafe”