How to change Diva Presets via midi programm change commands?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi
I wan´t to change between my Diva Presets via a midi floorboard that sends programm change commands. But i can´t make Diva reacting to the programmchangecommands of my floorboard. How can this be done?
Thanks for your help.

I believe you have to add the presets you want to use to the MIDI Programs preset folder and maybe restart Diva. Check the manual for more details if you get stuck, but the MIDI Programs preset folder is the key if I'm not mistaken.

"MIDI Programs
Local also contains a special folder called MIDI Programs. If you put a bunch of presets (up to 128) into this folder, they will all be loaded into memory when the first instance of Diva starts.
Note: Changes only take affect after restarting your host. MIDI Program patches can’t be added, removed or renamed on the fly.
Individual MIDI Programs patches are selected via MIDI Program Change messages. As they are accessed in alphabetical order, it’s a good idea to put a number at the beginning of each name e.g. ‘000 rest-of-name’ to ‘127 rest-of-name’ or similar.
Banks: MIDI Programs can contain up to 127 sub-folders (of 128 patches each), switchable via MIDI Bank Select messages. The MIDI bank select message is CC#0 (Diva only interprets the MSB) – send this value, then a Program Change."

So: right-click on "MIDI Programs" in Diva's browser and select "Open in Explorer" (Mac: "Reveal in Finder") - put your presets in there and reload Diva.

If you'd like a bit more detail I wrote a post about this some time ago.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=436863
Feel free to call me Brian.

Great info, thanx!

A friend asked me about this yesterday on Bitwig using Zebra, and I just uploaded a quick review of how it works. It just happened to come up yesterday. FYI, :D

https://youtu.be/jdGeZjtgbtk

Return to “u-he”