RAPID Synthesizer - NEW Version 1.6.0. - PM from Oscillator. Multiband Saturator. Glitch. Tapestop. Tonal Delay.

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
GMusic
KVRian
609 posts since 26 May, 2009 from Area 51

Post Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:14 pm

Excellent! Thanks Parawave!
irism wrote:Any teasers for the upcoming XTs?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl07KsBaNlc

recursive one
KVRAF
3738 posts since 7 Feb, 2013

Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NEW Version 1.5 now available for customers. Demo and Discounts soon!

Post Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:14 pm

Touch The Universe wrote:Polaris Theme
Polaris 3.jpg
Polaris 2.jpg
This one looks really very very good :tu:
I hate incomplete sentences because they ...

RichN
KVRist
150 posts since 4 Dec, 2004 from The Netherlands

Re: RAPID Synthesizer - NEW Version 1.5 now available for customers. Demo and Discounts soon!

Post Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:38 pm

The only thing I don't like from these screenshots is the weird background pattern in the effects section. A minor thing of course and maybe it's just me. I also don't like the background pattern used in Falcon.

babbgr
KVRist
45 posts since 30 Jul, 2016 from Greece

Post Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:17 am

Really love the new themes! Great job :)
Would be very handy if you could implement some kind of Favorites functionality to the synth also.

:tu:

Synthman2000
KVRian
546 posts since 27 Apr, 2016

Post Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:43 am

Great news I look forwrads to checking it out. RAPID is excellent. For the next update maybe note down one of the first things to improve as being the somewhat "cold" filter.

exmatproton
KVRAF
2119 posts since 25 Apr, 2011

Post Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:42 am

Okay. I love this update. 1 bug i found; when i choose a fx unit, i can't deselct this by pressing the "---" when i want to remove the fx.

Other then that; seems a very stable build with lovely graphics

sircuit
KVRian
538 posts since 15 Jul, 2016

Post Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:51 am

exmatproton wrote:Okay. I love this update. 1 bug i found; when i choose a fx unit, i can't deselct this by pressing the "---" when i want to remove the fx.

I can confirm it too, in the Effects section.
 MacBook Pro Quad-Core _ macOS High Sierra __ ♫ Logic Pro X

exmatproton
KVRAF

Post Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:52 am

Synthman2000 wrote:Great news I look forwrads to checking it out. RAPID is excellent. For the next update maybe note down one of the first things to improve as being the somewhat "cold" filter.
Hmmm...i would rather have them to add different filter types. I am kinda fond of that direct and "cold" filter they use right now...

recursive one
KVRAF
3738 posts since 7 Feb, 2013

Post Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:06 am

exmatproton wrote:
Synthman2000 wrote:Great news I look forwrads to checking it out. RAPID is excellent. For the next update maybe note down one of the first things to improve as being the somewhat "cold" filter.
Hmmm...i would rather have them to add different filter types. I am kinda fond of that direct and "cold" filter they use right now...
Yes. I would welcome a really "juicy" analog LP/BP/HP filter, along the lines of the Diva filters for example, as an addition to the current filters set.
I hate incomplete sentences because they ...

parawave
KVRist
218 posts since 15 Mar, 2016 from Germany

Post Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:25 am

Thanks for all the feedback so far. Keep reporting your experience.
exmatproton wrote:Okay. I love this update. 1 bug i found; when i choose a fx unit, i can't deselct this by pressing the "---" when i want to remove the fx.

Yes, that one slipped through. It was introduced during another fix. Really annoying. But it is already fixed, we just have to wait a bit before pushing a new version. Let's see if there are other ones.

At MacOS / Logic users here, can someone confirm that the current plugin size is not restored when reopening the plugin? I'm not sure if this is specific to a certain Logic version (sandbox madness), or a general one.
The next update 1.6.0. is reserved for the new effects (MB-Saturator, Glitch, ...).

It's hard to grasp request for "Juicy", "Analog", "Warm" filters, since it's very subjective. You can probably already replicate it by just using the normal filter plus an additional insert filter e.g. by using different resonances at different cutoff frequencies. Or putting the insert with Tube Distortion/Exciter before the filter.
Just saying, the payoff to develop new ones is a bit low to justify it. There are higher priorities, that will actually introduce new features.

exmatproton
KVRAF

Post Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:27 am

parawave wrote:Thanks for all the feedback so far. Keep reporting your experience.

Yes, that one slipped through. It was introduced during another fix. Really annoying. But it is already fixed, we just have to wait a bit before pushing a new version. Let's see if there are other ones.
The next update 1.6.0. is reserved for the new effects (MB-Saturator, Glitch, ...).

It's hard to grasp request for "Juicy", "Analog", "Warm" filters, since it's very subjective. You can probably already replicate it by just using the normal filter plus an additional insert filter e.g. by using different resonances at different cutoff frequencies. Or putting the insert with Tube Distortion/Exciter before the filter.
Just saying, the payoff to develop new ones is a bit low to justify it. There are higher priorities, that will actually introduce new features.
:tu:

Synthman2000
KVRian
546 posts since 27 Apr, 2016

Post Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:32 am

Sure additional responses/coding maybe to the existing filter, options are good. I often have to work a little harder to get the textures I am after with the existing filter. Addition of drive/Saturation etc. Whatever makes a filter character different in some nice way. The filter is what I struggle with most personally. I have that treble control at 0 always.. more of that treble the colder it seems to get. Or I have to change the sound itself a bit to get extra grit.

Maybe there could be some intentionally nasty lo fi/undersampled or not oversampled responses/coding for the filter.

But the synth itself, powerful and great and is in every track I make.

As far as pay off I would have thought it would be a very critical part of any synths sound and feature set, but what do I know ? Only what I would like myself.

Teksonik
KVRAF
11719 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Post Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:39 am

Polaris would be just about perfect without the purple part...... :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Charlie Firpo
KVRist
133 posts since 22 Feb, 2005

Post Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:40 am

Very nice update Parawave! About the filter sounding cold.. It sure is subjective, cause i find them quite juicy and varm Not kidding!

sircuit
KVRian
538 posts since 15 Jul, 2016

Post Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:42 am

parawave wrote: At MacOS / Logic users here, can someone confirm that the current plugin size is not restored when reopening the plugin? I'm not sure if this is specific to a certain Logic version (sandbox madness), or a general one.
Yes, when reopened, size is restored to 100%. The previously selected skin is restored correctly.

Tested on Logic Pro X 10.4.1 (latest), macOS High Sierra (10.13.6).
 MacBook Pro Quad-Core _ macOS High Sierra __ ♫ Logic Pro X

Return to “Instruments”