So, anyone still using Novation V-Station?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V-Station

V-Station is indeed descended from K-station. Same code likely, minus DACs. :)

Wonder why they supposedly sound so different then... can some DAC's really make that much of a difference?

I was pretty damn sure that it is the same code as well, though. All of them (K-Station, A-Station, V-Station) are patch compatible, and, i was pretty sure i once read also that one of the developers said they sound the same.

Placebo effect.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Yep, I still use V-Station from time to time when I want a sharp or sparkly lead that cuts through a mix. I've got plugins that do it better tbh, but once in a while I dig using the V.

archive/instruments/2004-07/49104.php

Totally forgot that thread, lol.

Looks like you all are using an old version of the V-Station without the arp bug etc. ?!

What arp bug?

EvilDragon wrote:What arp bug?
Just put a note in your piano roll - V-Station Arp on UD1 / 2 octaves - set a house clap for controlling the sync tempo and let it play... the arp always starts too late randomly... not host syncroned at all.

Demo: https://www57.zippyshare.com/v/54Csrecl/file.html

FL Studio 20 with V-Station 2.5 (both 64-bit)

Can you share an .flp file ? V-Station arp seems to work fine here in FL Studio 20.0.4 [build 629]. Perhaps I'm not conducting the test properly. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:Can you share an .flp file ? V-Station arp seems to work fine here in FL Studio 20.0.4 [build 629]. Perhaps I'm not conducting the test properly. :shrug:
V - Nasty Arp Bug.rar
Somebody from IL confirmed this months ago in the IL board too but said it's a problem of the V-Station, not the DAW. Also the visuals of Unison / MIDI on the bottom left don't work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

chk071 wrote:Wonder why they supposedly sound so different then... can some DAC's really make that much of a difference?

I was pretty damn sure that it is the same code as well, though. All of them (K-Station, A-Station, V-Station) are patch compatible, and, i was pretty sure i once read also that one of the developers said they sound the same.
When the Motorola DSP code was ported over to Intel it did appear to result in some changes. I remember running through the presets and I found a small number of examples which definitely contained differences on the same sounds.

That said, outside of those few specific presets, it otherwise sounded pretty much the same to me. Anyone declaring huge differences likely did something like running it through a mixer at high levels.

I didn't dig into those presets to figure out what the actual changes were.. I was never a huge fan of the sound. Though, back in 2003, V-Station was better than most of the available VA plugins of the time. You could get some pretty bad aliasing from its FX section.. :)

Chamar wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Can you share an .flp file ? V-Station arp seems to work fine here in FL Studio 20.0.4 [build 629]. Perhaps I'm not conducting the test properly. :shrug:
V - Nasty Arp Bug.rar
Somebody from IL confirmed this months ago in the IL board too but said it's a problem of the V-Station, not the DAW. Also the visuals of Unison / MIDI on the bottom left don't work.
I'm still not getting it....sounds like this here:

Nasty Arp Bug.mp3

What's it supposed to sound like ? The break in the arp is because pattern 2 is offset by a bar and only contains one note. Are you using the latest build of FL Studio ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:I'm still not getting it....sounds like this here:

What's it supposed to sound like ?
Can't you hear that the melody is not "synced" to the clap? Is sounds like a free-running arp without host-synced start.

Just export the pattern 3 times and you will always have a different silence at start:

It syncs just fine here in a new project I've created. I guess I'm not understanding what you're trying to do with the "Automation" track. I'm not seeing any automation Events in V Station's Arp Tempo or Arp Sync.

Oh well I don't use V-Station these days so no sense spending any more time on the issue.

If V-Station's Arp is broken then the only hope is to contact Novation....or use something else.... :shrug:

Teksonik wrote:It syncs just fine here in a new project I've created.
Not really, just check your exported file:

I doubt that it will be different within a new project.
Teksonik wrote: I guess I'm not understanding what you're trying to do with the "Automation" track. I'm not seeing any automation Events in V Station's Arp Tempo or Arp Sync.
Just ignore it :)
Teksonik wrote:If V-Station's Arp is broken then the only hope is to contact Novation....or use something else.... :shrug:
Yeah but that's bad when you have many old tracks using the arp. You can't export them without massive timing issues. My workaround was to re-create the arp inside the piano roll with the notes...

Return to “Instruments”