Free FM Synthesizer Dexed (VST Windows and Mac)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dexed

Look here :
SolidBasst2Arrow.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cool dude where do you download it?

walker1 wrote:Cool dude where do you download it?
Its included in the the standard Dexed_cart_1.0.zip

Bottom of this page :

http://asb2m10.github.io/dexed/

Simply unzip the content of this zipfile to your Cartridges directory.

Solid Bass ok but Lately Bass sound more nice in Dexed.

walker1 wrote:Solid Bass ok but Lately Bass sound more nice in Dexed.
Where do I get lately bass in dexed?

A search through presets function would come handy.

chris.r wrote:A search through presets function would come handy.
Thanks!

Hi, one question here! I'd like to know if it's possible to choose a default cartridge to be loaded on startup. I found out that the standalone version recalls the last cartridge opened (with cartridges located on \AppData\Roaming\DigitalSuburban\Dexed\Cartridges). But the vst version (with cartridges located on VstFolder\Dexed\Cartridges) keeps loading the Dexed_01.syx patches, even if a I change its location.

allanfelipe wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:53 am Hi, one question here! I'd like to know if it's possible to choose a default cartridge to be loaded on startup. I found out that the standalone version recalls the last cartridge opened (with cartridges located on \AppData\Roaming\DigitalSuburban\Dexed\Cartridges). But the vst version (with cartridges located on VstFolder\Dexed\Cartridges) keeps loading the Dexed_01.syx patches, even if a I change its location.
No. The initial patches are hard-wired into the code.

papwalker wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:11 am
allanfelipe wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:53 am Hi, one question here! I'd like to know if it's possible to choose a default cartridge to be loaded on startup. I found out that the standalone version recalls the last cartridge opened (with cartridges located on \AppData\Roaming\DigitalSuburban\Dexed\Cartridges). But the vst version (with cartridges located on VstFolder\Dexed\Cartridges) keeps loading the Dexed_01.syx patches, even if a I change its location.
No. The initial patches are hard-wired into the code.
True, but just rename Dexed_01.syx to something else and rename your favorite cartridge to Dexed_01.syx; it will do what you want.

Ok, I renamed another cartridge to be Dexed_01.syx, I also changed the folder of Dexed_01.syx, I finally deleted all the Dexed_01.syx I could find, and I symlinked the two folders to another one to keep the .syx files in just one place. Result: I always see the "Say it again" patch. What kind of sorcery is that? Am I missing something?

:!:

fmr wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:28 am
overhishead wrote:guys.

no, just no.

we HAVE non linear envelopes in 2018 already, they are called "logarithmic" everyone understands that. no other synth uses Dexed's sort of interface in 2018. Especially not a Commercial FM synth (because no one would buy it.) An XY grid was not possible in 1979 otherwise Yamaha would have made a graphical envelope then. Why am I harping on the FM synth envelope Controls? because FM synths are some of the most complicated synths to program as it is, so why not make it simpler? Why hold on to these knobs? First of all, it is very difficult to visually reference what shape the darn envelope is by looking at 8 knobs. Does that make a shred of sense? Come on maaaan!

FM8 can do Everything Dexed can do and more. Why didn't Native Instruments opt to use 8 rotary knobs for the envelopes? Because no one would buy that.

reminder for the "fork it yourself" purists: DX7 does not have a filter. let that sink in a bit.

I am very well versed on all the Yamaha FM synths, having owned most of the important ones already, if you missed that.

the extreme few of you who are happy with 8 knobs instead of a graphical envelope are in the extreme minority guys. why not just admit you may be wrong instead of being a stick in the mud?

/runt
If you really want an FM synth with nowadays interface and features, and superior quality, you have Arturia DX7 V. No need to insist on this. This is a free synth, and the author has been very slow incorporating things much more important than your requests.
Dexed will most likely have a new envelope system that gives better visual feedback than knobs, and history will decide whether my suggestion anticipated it, and I didn't know there was a limit to the amount of suggestions that were allowed. Don't forget there are casual users and not just 5 star synth generals interested in the project.

I have only just started using dexed and I quite like the envelope controls with the visual feedback. I much prefer dexed for programming than FM8. I also prefer the current system than a draw-your-own-envelope system. Simple and easy to see what is going on - lacks micro precision but the ease of use outweighs that for me

Altough the gui envelopes look linear , when you record a sound with just a simple decay level/time , the resulting output ( amp multicplication ) is not a linear curve , just like the dx7
Sometimes it's beneficial to have a look at your waveform
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Return to “Instruments”