Free FM Synthesizer Dexed (VST Windows and Mac)

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
Yeager
KVRian
1111 posts since 28 Jun, 2005

Post Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:34 pm

Look here :
SolidBasst2Arrow.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
walker1
KVRist
49 posts since 6 Sep, 2016

Re: Free FM Synthesizer Dexed (VST Windows and Mac)

Post Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:58 pm

Cool dude where do you download it?

User avatar
Yeager
KVRian
1111 posts since 28 Jun, 2005

Re: Free FM Synthesizer Dexed (VST Windows and Mac)

Post Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:04 pm

walker1 wrote:Cool dude where do you download it?
Its included in the the standard Dexed_cart_1.0.zip

Bottom of this page :

http://asb2m10.github.io/dexed/


Simply unzip the content of this zipfile to your Cartridges directory.

User avatar
walker1
KVRist
49 posts since 6 Sep, 2016

Re: Free FM Synthesizer Dexed (VST Windows and Mac)

Post Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:40 am

Solid Bass ok but Lately Bass sound more nice in Dexed.

surreal
KVRian
967 posts since 3 Dec, 2006

Re: Free FM Synthesizer Dexed (VST Windows and Mac)

Post Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:49 am

walker1 wrote:Solid Bass ok but Lately Bass sound more nice in Dexed.
Where do I get lately bass in dexed?

chris.r
KVRist
261 posts since 29 Dec, 2007

Re: Free FM Synthesizer Dexed (VST Windows and Mac)

Post Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:46 am

A search through presets function would come handy.

surreal
KVRian
967 posts since 3 Dec, 2006

Re: Free FM Synthesizer Dexed (VST Windows and Mac)

Post Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:04 pm

chris.r wrote:A search through presets function would come handy.
Thanks!

allanfelipe
KVRer
8 posts since 8 Jul, 2016

Re: Free FM Synthesizer Dexed (VST Windows and Mac)

Post Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:53 pm

Hi, one question here! I'd like to know if it's possible to choose a default cartridge to be loaded on startup. I found out that the standalone version recalls the last cartridge opened (with cartridges located on \AppData\Roaming\DigitalSuburban\Dexed\Cartridges). But the vst version (with cartridges located on VstFolder\Dexed\Cartridges) keeps loading the Dexed_01.syx patches, even if a I change its location.

papwalker
KVRer
24 posts since 15 Apr, 2018

Re: Free FM Synthesizer Dexed (VST Windows and Mac)

Post Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:11 pm

allanfelipe wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:53 pm
Hi, one question here! I'd like to know if it's possible to choose a default cartridge to be loaded on startup. I found out that the standalone version recalls the last cartridge opened (with cartridges located on \AppData\Roaming\DigitalSuburban\Dexed\Cartridges). But the vst version (with cartridges located on VstFolder\Dexed\Cartridges) keeps loading the Dexed_01.syx patches, even if a I change its location.
No. The initial patches are hard-wired into the code.

User avatar
asb2m10
KVRist
142 posts since 20 Dec, 2013 from Montreal

Re: Free FM Synthesizer Dexed (VST Windows and Mac)

Post Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:35 pm

papwalker wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:11 pm
allanfelipe wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:53 pm
Hi, one question here! I'd like to know if it's possible to choose a default cartridge to be loaded on startup. I found out that the standalone version recalls the last cartridge opened (with cartridges located on \AppData\Roaming\DigitalSuburban\Dexed\Cartridges). But the vst version (with cartridges located on VstFolder\Dexed\Cartridges) keeps loading the Dexed_01.syx patches, even if a I change its location.
No. The initial patches are hard-wired into the code.
True, but just rename Dexed_01.syx to something else and rename your favorite cartridge to Dexed_01.syx; it will do what you want.

allanfelipe
KVRer
8 posts since 8 Jul, 2016

Re: Free FM Synthesizer Dexed (VST Windows and Mac)

Post Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:06 pm

Ok, I renamed another cartridge to be Dexed_01.syx, I also changed the folder of Dexed_01.syx, I finally deleted all the Dexed_01.syx I could find, and I symlinked the two folders to another one to keep the .syx files in just one place. Result: I always see the "Say it again" patch. What kind of sorcery is that? Am I missing something?

papwalker
KVRer
24 posts since 15 Apr, 2018

Re: Free FM Synthesizer Dexed (VST Windows and Mac)

Post Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:10 pm

:!:

Return to “Instruments”