plugins like Pro-Q2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Crave EQ gEQ12V4 IIEQ Pro Pro-Q 3

gort11112 wrote:IIEQ Pro feels even better tbh, M/S in separate windows was surprising at first but kinda makes sense + multitrack control, access to all instances in one window... :)
…and it has 24 bands, which can be useless for many people, but are important for others like me (I need to "sculpt" the sound spectra of the single samples), an excellent sound and a very good pre- and post- analyzer.
Sure, it's not a dynamic EQ (I use Melda's MAutoDynamicEQ for that, good for matching EQ, flattening spectrum, removing resonances,removing collisions…), but as a static EQ I really love it a lot.

Ikm done a really good jobs with Equal , my main eq are q10 (waves) , RenEq (waves) and Psp Master Q2 .but now Equal is in the game , i own pro c2 in the past , the workflow is good , but nothing particular with sound,but nice 96db cut ...ddmf iieq is maybe the best alternative for q2 in term of workflow.

Just comparing PSP MasterQ, Fabfilter Pro-Q2 and DDMF IIEQ Pro in Plugin Doctor...

I know this is pedantic but the Fabfilter (reputation for CLEAN) and DDMF plugins have a noisefloor/digital hash at around -175db just feeding through the plugin (no EQ moves) but PSP's MasterQ is purely clean to down below what PluginDoctor can even analyse.

I know -175db is ridiculously low, well below the noisefloor of pretty much anything - but hey, it all adds up? Maybe the MasterQ is the King of Clean (with FAT on and Analog off), not Pro-Q2? I guess there are other factors to consider too, like MasterQ2 does introduce some latency while ProQ2 is zero latency in minimum phase mode. Warping at Nyquist is a non-issue with all of them.

If anyone's keen for screens, let me know. We can get all nerdy on this.

Another great Eq I have worth mentioning is Stardard EQ from Sir Audio Tools. Not cheap, but very good and it fills the need for butterworth filter types here. Though the DDMF eq does as well iirc, which I have as well, mostly for the multitrack thing.

siraudiotools.com

MogwaiBoy wrote:Just comparing PSP MasterQ, Fabfilter Pro-Q2 and DDMF IIEQ Pro in Plugin Doctor...

I know this is pedantic but the Fabfilter (reputation for CLEAN) and DDMF plugins have a noisefloor/digital hash at around -175db just feeding through the plugin (no EQ moves) but PSP's MasterQ is purely clean to down below what PluginDoctor can even analyse.

I know -175db is ridiculously low, well below the noisefloor of pretty much anything - but hey, it all adds up? Maybe the MasterQ is the King of Clean (with FAT on and Analog off), not Pro-Q2? I guess there are other factors to consider too, like MasterQ2 does introduce some latency while ProQ2 is zero latency in minimum phase mode. Warping at Nyquist is a non-issue with all of them.

Take a look at 32bit dithering noise (Goodherz Dither plugin has 32bit as an option, as does Psycho Dither from Stillwell Audio).. compare that to Pro-Q2. Then draw your conclusions about weather MasterQ is "king of clean" and weather that is good or not (hint: depends on your DAW).

https://vladgsound.wordpress.com/2012/0 ... y-version/
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote:
MogwaiBoy wrote:Just comparing PSP MasterQ, Fabfilter Pro-Q2 and DDMF IIEQ Pro in Plugin Doctor...

Take a look at 32bit dithering noise (Goodherz Dither plugin has 32bit as an option, as does Psycho Dither from Stillwell Audio).. compare that to Pro-Q2. Then draw your conclusions about weather MasterQ is "king of clean" and weather that is good or not (hint: depends on your DAW).

https://vladgsound.wordpress.com/2012/0 ... y-version/
Oh you are totally right. I know little of the science so probably shouldn't make silly claims like "King of Clean" - it was a bit of a tongue-in-cheek comment anyway. The truth is I don't know what I'm seeing in these graphs.

I thought that dither is noise but these peaks I see way down deep on Pro-Q2 etc are not randomly moving like typical dither noise - instead they are static.

Harmonic analysis of Pro-Q 2 plugin initiated at default setting:
proq.JPG
Harmonic analysis of Master-Q initiated at default setting:
masterq.JPG
What is it? Can anyone provide some insight?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

not only DDMF IIEQPro costs $39 but also there's -50% of everything sale at the end of the year, so... :)

the other good looking one is Voxengo GlissEQ but more expensive...lower price with more plugins bought, might be -20% sometimes on everything but not sure
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/glisseq-by-voxengo

A.O.M. Tranquilizer...

MogwaiBoy wrote: I thought that dither is noise but these peaks I see way down deep on Pro-Q2 etc are not randomly moving like typical dither noise - instead they are static.
Yeah, I noticed that too. Strange indeed. That is also the case with all the 32bit ditherin plugins I tried. They don't "move" at all in plugin doctor analysis like they do when set to 24bit, 16 or 8.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

If any of you have tried it, how would you compare FabFilter Pro-Q2 to Kilohearts Slice EQ and Carve EQ?

I'm selling my CraveEq for 42€...pm if interested

Return to “Effects”