Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
yellowmix
KVRian
706 posts since 11 Aug, 2012

Post Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:20 pm

dusted william wrote:I went looking for the PA facebook voucher, couldn't find it anywhere. Does anyone know where it is?
It's in the PA Facebook group, you can join here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pa.audiophiles/

Code is specifically in this post (must be approved IIRC): https://www.facebook.com/groups/pa.audi ... 387438224/

SiliconDeath
KVRist
71 posts since 21 Feb, 2017

Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Post Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:38 pm

I've been quite hesitant about Fab Saturn, thinking there might be better saturation/mb saturation out there (SGA Inferno? Black rooster's VPRE?) . But this new audiodeluxe deal seems really enticing. Should I grab it, or keep looking for alternative? (for whatever it's worth, I've also been reserved of soundtoys decapitator, even tho these 2 are among most highly regarded)

Fleer
KVRAF
3805 posts since 23 Aug, 2014 from Boston/Cambridge

Post Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:54 pm

Definitely. FabFilter has some of the very best plugins with impeccable GUI and Saturn is no exception. Most revered saturator and incredibly versatile.

ErBen
KVRist
64 posts since 2 Jul, 2017

Post Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:40 pm

What's the hivemind's opinion on Orb Composer ? The Artist version is $89 on pluginboutique. Uncle E, any idea if you'll carry this promotion soon?

Kalamata Kid
KVRAF
3173 posts since 27 Jul, 2001 from Tarpon Springs, Florida, USA

Post Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:21 pm

Fleer wrote:Definitely. FabFilter has some of the very best plugins with impeccable GUI and Saturn is no exception. Most revered saturator and incredibly versatile.
FabFilter Saturn now $154.
The reviews are always goo.
But $14 can get a Waves saturator.
Which one is the best of the Waves saturator or the like?
23" 10-touch Monitor and iPad Air as Midi Controllers, iConnectMIDI2+, Windows 10-64bit, Xeon W36900, 12 GB RAM.

jsp1979
KVRAF
2859 posts since 7 Aug, 2008

Post Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:27 pm

Saturn is $109 at Audiodeluxe now. That's why we're talking about it.

Kalamata Kid
KVRAF
3173 posts since 27 Jul, 2001 from Tarpon Springs, Florida, USA

Post Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:35 pm

jsp1979 wrote:Saturn is $109 at Audiodeluxe now. That's why we're talking about it.
Thanks for the info.
Tempting but would not mind if I saved some $$$
Is $109 the lowest price ever?

In any case
FabFilter Saturn now $109.
The reviews are always good.
23" 10-touch Monitor and iPad Air as Midi Controllers, iConnectMIDI2+, Windows 10-64bit, Xeon W36900, 12 GB RAM.

mgw38
KVRian
1041 posts since 26 Jul, 2015 from Philadelphia

Post Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:40 pm

ErBen wrote:What's the hivemind's opinion on Orb Composer ? The Artist version is $89 on pluginboutique. Uncle E, any idea if you'll carry this promotion soon?
A good AI tool should work like a virtual collaborator, producing ideas that you can then adapt, change, develop. Having said that, there are currently no real good AI tools on the market that really allow you to do that. They are either not "intelligent" or have a tendency to take over entirely. Nobody has conquered the middle ground yet. ORB Composer is one of the better AI tools, maybe even the best. But it also lacks fine tuning flexibility. There is a fully functional demo you can try. With these types of tools it is really important that you play around with it before you buy. They tend to have a bit of a learning curve.

JerGoertz
KVRAF
2102 posts since 20 Feb, 2004

Post Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:51 pm

Kalamata Kid wrote:
jsp1979 wrote:Saturn is $109 at Audiodeluxe now. That's why we're talking about it.
Thanks for the info.

In any case
$109 isn't close to the lowest price ever. I think I paid something like $60 for it a few years back.
A well-behaved signature.

scalawag
KVRian
554 posts since 3 May, 2004

Post Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:05 am

How does PSP BussPressor stands against The Glue or other SSL compressor emulations?
Is it that good?

jsp1979
KVRAF
2859 posts since 7 Aug, 2008

Post Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:36 am

JerGoertz wrote:
Kalamata Kid wrote:
Thanks for the info.

In any case
$109 isn't close to the lowest price ever. I think I paid something like $60 for it a few years back.
There was definitely a 1/2 sale for Saturn within the past couple of years. So, that would be about $75 (plus perhaps extra discounts at retailers?). Haven't seen that deal since then.

escalona
KVRist
95 posts since 16 Jan, 2018 from Portland, OR USA

Post Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:12 am

scalawag wrote:How does PSP BussPressor stands against The Glue or other SSL compressor emulations?
Is it that good?
I don't have the cytomic plugin, so I can't say much about it. I can tell you that I have the waves SSL G comp, I also have (or had, I sold it) Townhouse from PluginAlliance, I also have Vertigo VSC-2, Slate FG-Grey, Klanghelm MJUC, Kotelnikov and many, many other ones. I usually end up using the PSP one, at times Klanghelm and at times Kotelnikov.

escalona
KVRist

Post Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:15 am

I got this coupon from pluginboutique for Ozone Standard. Feel free to use it. Please kindly reply to this if you've used it so I can delete it. Thanks!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Uah_1 ... 8uFLv6K6nI

escalona
KVRist

Post Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:18 am

I got this coupon from pluginboutique for Ozone Standard. Feel free to use it. Please kindly reply to this if you've used it so I can delete it. Thanks!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Uah_1 ... 8uFLv6K6nI

cthonophonic
KVRist
124 posts since 1 Jan, 2018

Post Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:18 am

Kalamata Kid wrote:In any case
I don't know much about the Waves ones specifically, but if you're looking for a good, inexpensive saturator, EndeavorFX Contemporary Color (thread here) is very nice and on sale for $29 through the end of September. That one is on the more subtle side and is excellent for adding fuzz at particular frequencies. For a solid meat-and-potatoes saturator, Klanghelm SDRR is also a great deal for €23.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”