Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kalamata Kid wrote:
escalona wrote:
Very good and cheap (as mentioned before) Klanghelm SDRR (or IVGI , with less features but free!) and EndeavorFX Contemporary Color is just unbelievable for the price.
If you really want something superb (though on the expensive side) Audified u78-saturator got me to sell all other coloring/saturation plugins I had (HG-2, VSM-3, BX multiband saturator...)
Thanks. Tempting. Listened to both and like you said very good for the price.

My current problem which must be resolved withing 9 hours before the Waves sales ends.
The clock is ticking! :scared:
Obviously, you’re not familiar with the « Held over » sale at Waves! This is the kind of sale that often gets extra time.

soundbylaura wrote:Did we hear back from Uncle E about matching the AudioDeluxe prices? I just spent a bunch of money on home improvement projects but I would grab Pro Q-2 if JRR has it at that price (minus my gift card balance)...
I don’t recall seeing JRRShop matching this sale. Audiodeluxe seems to have this exclusive sale each year.

Feelshallright wrote:
Kalamata Kid wrote:
escalona wrote:
Very good and cheap (as mentioned before) Klanghelm SDRR (or IVGI , with less features but free!) and EndeavorFX Contemporary Color is just unbelievable for the price.
If you really want something superb (though on the expensive side) Audified u78-saturator got me to sell all other coloring/saturation plugins I had (HG-2, VSM-3, BX multiband saturator...)

My current problem which must be resolved withing 9 hours before the Waves sales ends.
Obviously, you’re not familiar with the « Held over » sale at Waves! This is the kind of sale that often gets extra time.
Someone had mentioned of the "held over" but the Waves.com did not mention this. Yea in the last 24 hours they may have changed the deal for the better? I recall once if I was a bit more patient that I could have saved my self $35 on a Waves plugin. In any case I am happy with my purchase.

Kalamata Kid wrote:
Feelshallright wrote:
Kalamata Kid wrote:
escalona wrote:

Someone had mentioned of the "held over" but the Waves.com did not mention this. Yea in the last 24 hours they may have changed the deal for the better? I recall once if I was a bit more patient that I could have saved my self $35 on a Waves plugin. In any case I am happy with my purchase.
Times have changed quite a bit. Your purchase is a good one though people now take that kind of deal for granted.
Waves have gotten themselves to a point where I wont buy any single plugin from them for more than $29 (end up paying in $20s through extra discounts on everyplugin or jrrshop).

Who knows how thats working out for them (more people buying I guess) but to me their whole product line has been devalued so much so that I even snub at the low ball flash deals. I dont think thats been a smart move for them - add that to a growing list of bad decisions.

Having said that, the variety does feel fun, enjoy your new toys and dont forget to actually use it all :hihi:

Does a Melodyne Essential license code have any resale value here?

I got a new SN after buying Waveform 9, however I already had a license for Melodyne from Sonar Platinum.

Insanelysane wrote:
Times have changed quite a bit. Your purchase is a good one though people now take that kind of deal for granted.
Waves have gotten themselves to a point where I wont buy any single plugin from them for more than $29 (end up paying in $20s through extra discounts on everyplugin or jrrshop).

Who knows how thats working out for them (more people buying I guess) but to me their whole product line has been devalued so much so that I even snub at the low ball flash deals. I dont think thats been a smart move for them - add that to a growing list of bad decisions.

Having said that, the variety does feel fun, enjoy your new toys and dont forget to actually use it all :hihi:
This! I think the only plugins that haven't been discounted to 29$ are their surround tools and WNS. Even though I won't probably buy any plugin from them for more than 29$ anytime soon, I really appreciate the fact, that all their stuff has become really accessible to geeky hobbyists like me :D

Glad I could help, have fun with your new plugins Kalamata Kid :)

Edit :oops:

krabbencutter wrote:
Insanelysane wrote:

This! I think the only plugins that haven't been discounted to 29$ are their surround tools and WNS. Even though I won't probably buy any plugin from them for more than 29$ anytime soon, I really appreciate the fact, that all their stuff has become really accessible to geeky hobbyists like me :D

I've always wondered if the high prices of Waves or VSTi's in general were justifiable..

kingryan wrote:
krabbencutter wrote:
Insanelysane wrote:

I've always wondered if the high prices of Waves or VSTi's in general were justifiable..
Well NI used to get $300 for a soft synth. Times are changing, no one is paying them $300 for a software synth anymore. Same with effects; Waves used to get high prices for their stuff, but not anymore.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

I suspect that the decisions of Waves are not bad ones at all. The
fact that they continue unabated is evidence enough that they are more
successful than not. Very likely there are more people buying their plug-ins
than ever before, not to mention following it up by paying the WUP.
They continue to move forward with their hardware platform, they continue
to produce famously endorsed products and pursue gorilla marketing tactics.
All of these things require money and are not really indicative of a failing
or struggling enterprise.

pekbro wrote:I suspect that the decisions of Waves are not bad ones at all. The
fact that they continue unabated is evidence enough that they are more
successful than not. Very likely there are more people buying their plug-ins
than ever before, not to mention following it up by paying the WUP.
They continue to move forward with their hardware platform, they continue
to produce famously endorsed products and pursue gorilla marketing tactics.
All of these things require money and are not really indicative of a failing
or struggling enterprise.
I agree, I certainly can see the benefits to the method of their madness. I just wonder what its done to their brand image and to the 'quality' of their product line. Waves used to have a much finer reputation but there was much less competition back then (back in the late 90s early 2000s). On the one hand, now I can own all these 'once desirable' Waves staples as well as their flashier newer ones. On the other hand, they have become cheap and plentiful, consequently feeling like there's something better out there that stands by its price and quality. Its a form of inflation that doesnt bode well for them, at least not for me. The impression is that the quality isnt there and so even at $29 its not worth owning. Im referring to specific plugins that, believe it or not, I may have considered more if their price was more stable with the competition, things like their SSL series. I just dont have confidence in choosing theirs over the alternatives because they've become too readily available and already suffered from Waves reputation issues. This may sound absurd to some but Im just pointing out that perspective - as bargains inadvertantly can create detracting aspects too.

Having said that, I have really enjoyed their H Series which I just bought in the recent flash sale, it was a steal at $24 and is useful right now as 'flavour de jour' tested in my productions. I wouldn't have bought it at its normally higher price point and so in that way they indeed have gotten some of my money, with the looming threat of WUP down the road to add to their wallets if I yield when my versions dont work and they've got me by the balls!

I remember when $700 was an “amazing” deal for the Gold Bundle. Lol.

ATS wrote:Well NI used to get $300 for a soft synth. Times are changing, no one is paying them $300 for a software synth anymore. Same with effects; Waves used to get high prices for their stuff, but not anymore.
While not a synth, they are still selling Kontakt for $400. Not sure how they manage that, though. I guess sample players are where the money is at these days.

WUP definitely keeps me in the "super great deal" category when it come to Waves.
I think Waves, IK, iZotope etc. hurt themselves a bit with things like WUP, IK's awkward Jam Points instead of upgrade pricing, NI's slash and burn policy when it comes to older products or even simple upgrades being different VSTs in a DAW etc. All of that keeps me in the category of the kind of buyer who likes their products, but won't buy unless it's on a fire sale.

Compare that to U-He, PSP, Fabfilter (although their tiered discount system is awkward at times), even Arturia really have better upgrade paths and less hassle. No payments for products you already own like WUP or payments to download existing products like IK...

I think IK, Waves and iZotope would do a whole hell of a lot better if they got rid of WUP and standardized their upgrade paths instead of shitty cross grades etc. They literally exist IMO because their products themselves are good, their bean counters on the other hand are shmucks!

+1

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”