So, anyone still using Novation V-Station?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V-Station

Hi, I would like to use the V-station on my ancient G4 powerbook on OSX 10.4 but the current version needs at least 10.5...the documentation on Novations website hasn't been updated for years...I have an activation code issued by Novation but they do NOT have legacy installers...I used to own a NOVA and KS4...very powerful and beautiful sounding machines...SO...PLEASE...ANYBODY GOT and old V-station installation disc perhaps issued with a hardware controller?...Sorry for hijacking

You don't have to post the same thing in multiple threads, y'know.

Ooops...
Sorry

Played around a bit more with the V-Station yesterday again. And, even though i DO think that i have some better stuff on the harddrive, i'm somehow feel attached to the sound of the V-Station. It really has some character, which is a nice thing, and lets you see past certain technical deficiencies, if you will. It's once again something i notice. Also with the Terratec Komplexer plugin, for example. Yes, there are more bright, better anti-aliased, or plugins with higher modulation rates available, but, does that make them sound more pleasant, or automatically add a nicer character? I don't think so.

pewepro wrote:Hi, I would like to use the V-station on my ancient G4 powerbook on OSX 10.4 but the current version needs at least 10.5...the documentation on Novations website hasn't been updated for years...I have an activation code issued by Novation but they do NOT have legacy installers...I used to own a NOVA and KS4...very powerful and beautiful sounding machines...SO...PLEASE...ANYBODY GOT and old V-station installation disc perhaps issued with a hardware controller?...Sorry for hijacking
I downloaded the installer from Novations site and just used my activation code to unloack it. They're installers are up to date.

Thats's correct but not compatible with OSX 10.4 or pre-intel macs...All sorted now thou!

Teksonik wrote:It syncs just fine here in a new project I've created.
Same here. I've never had the problem Chamar mentions... :shrug:

chk071 wrote:...even though i DO think that i have some better stuff on the harddrive, i'm somehow feel attached to the sound of the V-Station. It really has some character, which is a nice thing, and lets you see past certain technical deficiencies, if you will.
+1

EvilDragon wrote:You don't have to post the same thing in multiple threads, y'know.
But if he'd like to, who cares? It's not hurting anyone.

The 80s were my HEYDAYS...the NEW ROMANTIC movement with its fantastic electronic music...the limitations in technology and the breathtaking costs of it...the musicians had to be VERY creative...I see the V-station in that way...and I love it!!!

Russell Grand wrote:
Teksonik wrote:It syncs just fine here in a new project I've created.
Same here. I've never had the problem Chamar mentions... :shrug:
He has the same problems but he just didn't know! ;)

Which version of the V do you use?

Just download my .flp-file (or make an own pattern) and export it. You will see some delayed space before the arp melody begins.

chk071 wrote:...i'm somehow feel attached to the sound of the V-Station. It really has some character...
We call it aliasing :hihi:

Has there ever been a one synth challenge with v-station?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote:Has there ever been a one synth challenge with v-station?
Nope: https://sites.google.com/site/kvrosc/
AndreasH wrote:
chk071 wrote:...i'm somehow feel attached to the sound of the V-Station. It really has some character...
We call it aliasing :hihi:
Hey, who knows. :) I like the sound of some VA's which are known to alias quite a bit. Doesn't it give that pleasant fizzle on the high frequencies? :D

Any cool alternative to V-Station?

I just eed:

- 3 oscs (saw/square/sine/tri) + noise (if possible all 3 oscs should be visible at the same time)
- easy mod for each osc -> running to the same adsr like the filter
- unison

This can't be so hard?!

Return to “Instruments”