Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well said!

machinesworking wrote: Compare that to U-He, PSP, Fabfilter (although their tiered discount system is awkward at times), even Arturia really have better upgrade paths and less hassle.
All these companies have usually upgrade price of 29-49$ PER PLUGIN. If I had to pay that for every separate Waves plugin I own, I'd be poor for the rest of my life. I have been using Waves 9 since its conception and have had 4 or 5 years free bug fixes and feature upgrades.
No signature here!

robotmonkey wrote:
machinesworking wrote: Compare that to U-He, PSP, Fabfilter (although their tiered discount system is awkward at times), even Arturia really have better upgrade paths and less hassle.
All these companies have usually upgrade price of 29-49$ PER PLUGIN. If I had to pay that for every separate Waves plugin I own, I'd be poor for the rest of my life. I have been using Waves 9 since its conception and have had 4 or 5 years free bug fixes and feature upgrades.
I only own about 6 Waves plug ins, and paid about $29 per plug in.

Just bought three more, it seems installing them has erased the older ones off my system, and their WUP is up.... I'm not panicking yet, but it's pretty whack that it does this. All these convoluted licensing systems and any system really that has you pay for upgrades because of an OS update, no sir, don't like them!

Plus, you simply must be new to Waves. They have become cheap, they used to be hands down the most expensive.
....And it looks like I'm screwed, I'll give them a call tomorrow, but my guess is since it uninstalled my existing 6 plug ins I will have to buy WUP for them to get them back. So my $30 purchase adds another $80+ to it. Not cool at all. Of course if I hadn't bought from them at all, I wouldn't be dealing with their sh*tty copy protection madness. Truly, you can't see how lame this is?

I never said they didn't have great sales, or good products, I said their CP and WUP are both really convoluted messes that do them no good! and I stand by that.

machinesworking wrote:my guess is since it uninstalled my existing 6 plug ins I will have to buy WUP for them to get them back. So my $30 purchase adds another $80+ to it.
Let us know. Can you install plugins that you bought some time ago if you dont pay WUP continually?

So the solution is I have to have two versions of the Waves Installer on my system, so roughly 4GB just for the installers, since one is an offline, everything they make installer that's not separable into just your instals... and older versions at that..

For about 6 plug ins, not with sample content or impulse responses that merit that much space on my system. I'm glad it looks like I can get all my plug ins back without WUP, but yeah, what a joke. I would much prefer if they still used iLok, people can complain about it and I 100% get it, but the most of the other application based solutions are such total messes they make PACE look good.

Waves WUP is strange and unnecessary. I too suffered from some scares with having bought new plugs from them and then old tried and tested ones I had had for years were removed and needed to be reinstalled thanks to the Waves Central installer (which as a customer I have so little control over where and what content it installs on my system). Ive had weird things with the Waveshell loading very slowly in Cubase startup which added 2 minutes to my startup because the software wanted me to be online (my DAW is offline). It was so convoluted and Ive had so many problems from updates to Waves Central not working ,it telling me an update was necessary even though FOR ME THE CUSTOMER it wasn't as 'it aint broke'. Such BS with how they do things. So buyer beware with all the extra hoops you might find yourself doing after scoring cheap $29 buys.

Insanelysane wrote:Waves WUP is strange and unnecessary. I too suffered from some scares with having bought new plugs from them and then old tried and tested ones I had had for years were removed and needed to be reinstalled thanks to the Waves Central installer (which as a customer I have so little control over where and what content it installs on my system). Ive had weird things with the Waveshell loading very slowly in Cubase startup which added 2 minutes to my startup because the software wanted me to be online (my DAW is offline). It was so convoluted and Ive had so many problems from updates to Waves Central not working ,it telling me an update was necessary even though FOR ME THE CUSTOMER it wasn't as 'it aint broke'. Such BS with how they do things. So buyer beware with all the extra hoops you might find yourself doing after scoring cheap $29 buys.
Please discuss here:
viewtopic.php?p=7113481
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

I didn't end up getting anything from audiodeluxe imsta festa.

masterhiggins wrote:I remember when $700 was an “amazing” deal for the Gold Bundle. Lol.
I paid $1,200 in 1999 for the Gold Bundle (Which had much less back then) for DirectX. VST Gold was still around $2,000. It was a great purchase back then and I am glad I did it.

I paid $40 in 2017 and they all got upgraded. To be honest they still sound great. Sadly Steinberg and Reason have zero upgrade paths for me with my old purchases of Nuendo, HALion and Recycle. I can get a cheaper upgrade still for Auto-Tune.

I have no idea why people use the term "devalue" as consumers. Those are terms for businesses or home owners. People like to mix with their eyes and I get it but some wave plugins are still amazing. We have a huge supply and demand issue where millions of more people now create music on a computer but the prices but the business models are for selling thousands (Ask U-He they make they view their instruments as a success if they sell 10,000 units. Imagine if you could get a U-He synth for $50? Who wouldn't end up buying all of them?
-------------------
Bitwig is my DAWs and UHe and Tracktion Synths are my Bae. I maybe buy one synth a year. REMEMBER SELF just one synth a year!

On other thread someone posted that Serato Pitch n Time pro is $500 (down from $800) on sale. Is that about as low as it goes, or would it be worth waiting for the holidays?

And any experience using it on acoustic/classical/vocal music to fix pitch drift to help splice between takes?

jacqueslacouth wrote:
be wrote:
Up to 75% off FXpansion BFD3 Upgrades, now $75 when upgrading from BFD2 and BFD Eco:
https://www.jrrshop.com/fxpansion?dir=d ... _from_date
How long will this offer last?
Interested in this as I got the email this morning. I haven't used BFD Eco in years but at $75 to upgrade to BFD 3 seems like a (possibly) decent deal. What are the thoughts on BFD3? Would anyone recommend taking up this offer? (I have recently returned to my Punk/New Wave roots and am considering prospects for a new acoustic drum plug.
Did anyone else comment on this? I am thinking about this, too, even though I already have SD2 and some expansions. seems like a good deal to me on this.

mtelesha wrote:I have no idea why people use the term "devalue" as consumers. Those are terms for businesses or home owners. People like to mix with their eyes and I get it but some wave plugins are still amazing. We have a huge supply and demand issue where millions of more people now create music on a computer but the prices but the business models are for selling thousands (Ask U-He they make they view their instruments as a success if they sell 10,000 units. Imagine if you could get a U-He synth for $50? Who wouldn't end up buying all of them?
I'd argue that the supply and demand problem is rather the opposite of what you claim. The market is over-saturated with thousands of plugins to choose from at all prices. There really isn't that big of a potential customer-base either, regardless of how much it has grown it is still a niche market plagued by piracy. On top of that companies like NI and Waves do these super all-in-one bundles that smaller companies simply can't compete with.

To use u-he as an example, Colour Copy is a wonderful sounding delay (IMO one of the best) but it's hard to convince people to buy another delay when they've already got several in bundles aswell as all the discounted promos that appear frequently (not to mention the ones that come with your DAW). Bundles and discounts like those Waves deals not only "devalue" the included products but also affect the perceived value of competitors too. u-he recognise this and focus on a small userbase, evidently it works for them and it seems their customers are happy with it too.

I have my eye on UVI Drum Designer which is on intro for $99. I have been looking around for a discount but it appears UVI is not allowing distribs to offer discounts. Before I spend the money I wanted to ask here if anyone knows of a lower price for this anywhere? thanks! :phones:

SiliconDeath wrote:I didn't end up getting anything from audiodeluxe imsta festa.
I was tempted but did not act.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”