Piano is still the best and easiest instrument to master and play!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I did, but a friend played and I pitch shifted it...

I have to dig out our Industrial Dreaming project, even got a price for it... (Silver Amadeus I think it was called...; - )

As a guitar player first the main thing that's disconcerting learning piano is that a Major chord for instance has vastly different fingering depending on what key it's in. Guitar on the other hand the pattern/fingering is the same for every key, it's the scale that changes the fingering. of course chords are limited to what you can do with your left hand for the most part.. Scales in general are much more logically displayed on a keyboard though, on frets it seems much more abstract with the distance changing all over the place.

I think you can have fun and write some music quickly on either with limited technical ability, which is why they're the most popular. (if you include all keyboards with piano) The problem remains with 'mastering' an instrument IMO that people end up soloing through entire songs, although it's been that there isn't anything like a solo in popular music for quite some time.

Teksonik wrote:I think one of the hardest instruments to master is the Human voice. How many of us here can play keyboard, guitar, etc but can't sing a note ?

My singing is so bad even melodyne can't help....... :?
Ain't it the truth! I've learned to play a few instrument, at least at some passable level, and by far violin was the hardest, especially with my big ol' natural bass player mitts! I found flute to be fairly easy, but a quality silver flute (compared to a nickel plated model) made quite a difference!

I remember my dad getting me an acoustic guitar from a pawn shop when I was very young, and I tried to learn but didn't accomplish much. Later I realized that guitar was unplayable! Warped neck, action so high you could drive a truck under the strings, etc.. I wonder how many people try to learn an instrument (especially stringed devices) using a sub-standard instrument, that few of any skill level could play!? May not apply to keys too much, but proper set-up, strings, reeds, mouthpieces, bows, etc. can all make a huge difference with many instruments!

Kids, never try to learn to play on a crap instrument!!!

Probably why I had all that grief with the violin! Yeah, that's the ticket!

vurt wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:09 pm didgeridoo is the most difficult, not one person ever! has managed an actual tune.
Didgeridon't!

not with my lungs!

SciFiArtMan wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:47 am Later I realized that guitar was unplayable! Warped neck, action so high you could drive a truck under the strings, etc.. I wonder how many people try to learn an instrument (especially stringed devices) using a sub-standard instrument, that few of any skill level could play!?
I've always felt that "beginner" guitars were simply intended to discourage anyone from playing guitar at all...... :hihi:

I tried playing a violin once. It had all the sonic attraction of someone stepping on a cat's tail. :o
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

as a parent who attended many school recitals of my little cherub and his school mates, the sound of beginner violin is enough to send me in to a murderous rage.
same with the recorder.

Apparently, you haven't tried this bad boy out.

You are currently reading my signature.

I've always found these plastic toy drumsticks dead easy to play with. They give off a great low humming noise too, which sounds a (little) bit like a cheap synth oscillator!

Excellent for circuit bending too.

theres a unicorn head for that :hihi:

vurt wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:19 pm theres a unicorn head for that :hihi:
Fantastic!
Although maybe the horn could get wedged in to my table when I get over-excited with my rhythmic beatings?
(And hello Quoted out of Context thread!)

ive got no quote buttons so youre safe from me :lol:

Hurrah!!

Teksonik wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:41 pm I tried playing a violin once. It had all the sonic attraction of someone stepping on a cat's tail. :o
Yeah, that's the same model violin I had!

Return to “Instruments”